Am I spoiled by the Deluxe Resorts????

worldfanatic

I think the Swan & Dolphin are nice properties.
But let's be honest, there's a reason their rates are ALWAYS lower than Disney Deluxes, and often can be had for less than Disney Moderates.

The public votes with their wallets.

JusticeDisney

I think the Swan & Dolphin are nice properties.
But let's be honest, there's a reason their rates are ALWAYS lower than Disney Deluxes, and often can be had for less than Disney Moderates.

The public votes with their wallets.
Really? Seriously? That's it, I guess. All we need to do now is look at the most expensive rate and then we know which hotel is the best. Congrats, Grand Floridian, you are clearly superior to every other Disney hotel, simply because you charge the highest room rates.

Wow, right when you think you've heard it all!

Bairstow

I am sorry but that walk from any of the epcot and Hollywood Studios resorts is unbearable eespecially in summer heat. I see no benefit of spending time in those parks then walking to get back. And the magic kingdom resorts are worse. I read people stay at those resorts just for the monorail. That is hilarious. I am perfectly fine at all star sports.

From the Imagination pavilion, the walk to the Boardwalk or Beach Club is the same distance as the walk to the EPCOT bus stops. If you're anywhere in the World Showcase, the walk to those resorts is shorter.
It's actually a really pleasant walk, too. I did it twice two weeks ago, once just to look around at the Beach Club and once to use the Boardwalk's bus station to get to Downtown Disney from the Showcase. The water taxis are by far the best way to transfer between EPCOT and MGM.

disney4life2008

From the Imagination pavilion, the walk to the Boardwalk or Beach Club is the same distance as the walk to the EPCOT bus stops. If you're anywhere in the World Showcase, the walk to those resorts is shorter.
It's actually a really pleasant walk, too. I did it twice two weeks ago, once just to look around at the Beach Club and once to use the Boardwalk's bus station to get to Downtown Disney from the Showcase. The water taxis are by far the best way to transfer between EPCOT and MGM.

I agree with the water taxi. I absolutely love spending a evening at HS then taking the taxi to the gateway then head to get my fish and chips and watch Illuminations. It is one of the most pleasant rides/means of transportation.

DiSnEyF@n

Original Poster
We are a family of five and we usually stay deluxe. If you decide to go moderate, I would suggest CSR. Rooms are bigger and are much closer to the deluxe than POR. The bus service is adequate-nothing like walking- but doable. Main pool is fun and has a great slide. We stayed one night at POR and felt like we were on top of one another.

Good to know. Thanks!

TXDisney

If financially you can do deluxe I always recommend any of them. But if tighter on money staying at PO is great moderate. Our last 3 stays have been at deluxes. Our next trip we're doing my parents timeshare off propert, so we will feel spoiled by the deluxes I'm sure.

BrerJon

Another option, try an on-property non-Disney hotel like the Waldorf Astoria or Wyndham Bonnet Creek. You can get a 2 bedroom luxury suite with living room, dining area, balcony with a great fireworks view of the parks, and you'll pay about the same as two Disney Moderate rooms, and it's about the same distance away as Caribbean Beach or Coronado.

The extra space and way more luxury than a Disney Deluxe, that will more than make up for not being able to walk to the parks - spend five bucks on an Uber to chauffuer you there and you'll be in the Future World quicker than you would if staying at the Boardwalk anyway.

NormC

I agree with the water taxi. I absolutely love spending a evening at HS then taking the taxi to the gateway then head to get my fish and chips and watch Illuminations. It is one of the most pleasant rides/means of transportation.
We did that for the first time on our last trip. It was a nice break from the buses.

NormC

What matters is you got called out for making a mistake (which really isn't a big deal), but rather than admitting that you were wrong, you foolishly, and in the face of your clear post to the contrary, insisted that you knew it all along. That's all I need to know about who I am dealing with.
And that is all we need to know about you. Lighten up. He made a mistake on a forum. No puppies died.

JusticeDisney

And that is all we need to know about you. Lighten up. He made a mistake on a forum. No puppies died.
And the fact that you felt compelled to interject your two cents here without knowing the true context of what happened tells us all we need to know about YOU.

NormC

And the fact that you felt compelled to interject your two cents here without knowing the true context of what happened tells us all we need to know about YOU.
I read the entire thread and am fully aware of its context. Unless there were private messages I think we are all up to date. If there were Private messages and I have mis-judged you I apologize.

JusticeDisney

I read the entire thread and am fully aware of its context. Unless there were private messages I think we are all up to date. If there were Private messages and I have mis-judged you I apologize.
It's not worth arguing about. You can feel however you want about me. I have no ill will toward you though, for whatever that's worth.

ToTBellHop

There were no private messages. Any context is presented in this thread.

I'm not sure how me saying "swan" and showing the dolphin lobby is still an issue, though. Most around here speak of Swan and Dolphin together. Would we also crucify someone for posting a picture from a room at the Beach Club and calling it the Yacht Club? I think not.

Some people fixate on stupid things.

sgtmgd

In the immortal words of the Kingsman "I'm going to save the world"

Try Davids
http://www.dvcrequest.com/

We rented DVC points from them for 13-19 December 2 Bedroom Villa at the Beach Club..They also had the Boardwalk available. No hassle and rates are really good....there are other places to rent points as well but Davids also mediates the dining plan, magical express and everything else. Id at least check to see if its in your wheelhouse for prices. We stayed in a 2 Bedroom Villa at Kidani village and it was FANTASTIC, December cant get here soon enough

Hockey89

Really? Seriously? That's it, I guess. All we need to do now is look at the most expensive rate and then we know which hotel is the best. Congrats, Grand Floridian, you are clearly superior to every other Disney hotel, simply because you charge the highest room rates.

Wow, right when you think you've heard it all!
Lol... you have serious issues.... Yes, you get what you pay for in life... Almost always.... D&S have no Disney theme...It is just an ugly hotel that if it stood by itself against real great hotels would fail miserable... Four Seaons vs S&D lol.... Not even close....

JusticeDisney

Lol... you have serious issues.... Yes, you get what you pay for in life... Almost always.... D&S have no Disney theme...It is just an ugly hotel that if it stood by itself against real great hotels would fail miserable... Four Seaons vs S&D lol.... Not even close....
So like I said, the Grand Floridian is, hands down, the best Disney owned property, simply because it costs the most, right? Yeah, and I'm the one who has issues. Just keep posting ridiculous comments, though. Every time you open your mouth, you expose yourself even more.

Oh, and by the way, show me where I said that the SD compares to the Four Seasons. Go ahead, show me. Ohhhhhhhhh, that's right, you can't, because I never said that! But, since you brought it up, would the Boardwalk stand up well against the Four Seasons? How about the Contemporary? Maybe Fort Wilderness? LMAO at you!

And don't worry, everybody on this board sees you for what you are - a guy who is so arrogant that he actually believes something is so simply because he declares it to be. The next time you offer a thoughtful basis to support whatever your position is will be the first time. What a joke! Still LMAO at you!

BrerWayne

What it boils down to me is what is it worth to you, before I had children, I went to WDW once a year and always stayed Deluxe. Nothing beats catching the monorail to and from Epcot and MK. Now I have two kids in private school because the public schools where I live leave a lot to be desired. I went in Feb. and stayed at POR. I priced Wilderness Lodge and AKL and it would have cost me about $1500 more. We did not spend a ton of time at the resort and that $1500 paid for summer camp. Would I rather the Deluxe? Absolutely! But at this point in my life I have to be more frugal to raise my children. I was just grateful to be able to take my kids to Disney, my wife grew up pretty poor and did not go until I took her after we were married.

JusticeDisney

There were no private messages. Any context is presented in this thread.

I'm not sure how me saying "swan" and showing the dolphin lobby is still an issue, though. Most around here speak of Swan and Dolphin together. Would we also crucify someone for posting a picture from a room at the Beach Club and calling it the Yacht Club? I think not.

Some people fixate on stupid things.
Listen, nobody called you out for making a simple mistake. In fact, to the contrary, I expressly stated that it was no big deal that you made a mistake. All I was pointing out was that, once your clear mistake was brought to your attention (and again, it really was no big deal to begin with), rather than simply owning up to it, you insisted that you weren't wrong and that you knew what was in the picture all along. It was THAT utter failure to admit fault which I indicated tells us a lot about who you are. Perhaps that was too much of a blanket statement for me to make, but even if it was, it doesn't change the only point I was making.

And as for your claim that the Swan lobby is really just the same as the Dolphin lobby, once again you are being dishonest when you assert as much.

Anyway, I'm done with this nonsense. Have a great day. And I still hope that your next trip to Disney World is the best of your life.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom