D23 Expo 2015

Figments Friend

The panel i would be willing to wait a while for is the 'Imagineering 60 Years of Disneyland' one on Friday evening if need be.
That one is a 'must do', #1 priority for this WED head.
Everything else listed so far for panels is secondary or not even on my radar.

Saturday my top choice would be Marty's chat that morning ( if i can get into the building early enough ) and the big 'Parks & Resorts' panel in the afternoon if the lines are not too crazy.
That one will be a 'maybe' as i'm not 100% sure if i will want to invest a lot of time in waiting in line.
All the info that might be reveled during that panel will likely be available immediately afterwards elsewhere anyway, so the motivation to attend would be more for the general experience and not so much the 'news'.
It all depends on what the wait is looking like day of.

Sunday morning the 'Disney Kingdoms' panel might well see me present.....to show support for the 'Figment' comic success.
The last panel of the day may see me there was well, as i am a big soundtrack/musical score nut and it might be worth attending.

The rest of the time i am there i will just be wandering around i am sure....hoping to find some people and just taking in the scene.
The Archives display and Imagineering Pavilion are also #1 priorities for me...so i will be spending a lot of time dedicated to experiencing those.

-

CrashNet

This might be an odd question, but we're attending this year and were wondering if they have two separate queues for each of the D23 panels on Friday and Saturday. Meaning, do they clear out the hall after the first panel for a new group or do you to wait for the morning panel to see the afternoon panel?

SpenceMan01

This might be an odd question, but we're attending this year and were wondering if they have two separate queues for each of the D23 panels on Friday and Saturday. Meaning, do they clear out the hall after the first panel for a new group or do you to wait for the morning panel to see the afternoon panel?

I'm trying to find where I *just* read it, but for Hall D23, Stage 23, and Stage 28 they clear everybody out after each session. A new line forms for each session.

Captain Neo

The fact that nothing has leaked indicates to me that they will not be announcing much in the way of new stuff. Star Tours 2 and New Fantasyland were well known weeks before D23 2009 with the blueprints even being passed around on this very site. Even in other industries like gaming and tech, people have a pretty good idea before hand what is being announced (what studios will be showing games, details on new iPhone, etc.) through leaks and information.

jt04

that or disney has kept tight lipped regarding this massive reveal

I have this hunch the decisions are with the CEO and everyone is waiting to hear what those are. Perhaps nobody knows yet who will be chosen to present their project. Fun to think about that possibility.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I have this hunch the decisions are with the CEO and everyone is waiting to hear what those are. Perhaps nobody knows yet who will be chosen to present their project. Fun to think about that possibility.

The expo is only a week away, I would think anything that was going to be presented would already be out to the people who have to put the presentation together.

lazyboy97o

that or disney has kept tight lipped regarding this massive reveal
That doesn't make a lot of sense. From all accounts D23 is not that well loved (so it doesn't warrant that level of effort) and we know the general idea of what big projects are out there. If anything, the lack of information probably comes from the usual chaos and lack of interest from inside the Company itself.

Given the way Disney loves to repeat themselves, I image the already released Shanghai Disney Resort information will occupy a decent amount of time.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
That doesn't make a lot of sense. From all accounts D23 is not that well loved (so it doesn't warrant that level of effort) and we know the general idea of what big projects are out there. If anything, the lack of information probably comes from the usual chaos and lack of interest from inside the Company itself.

Given the way Disney loves to repeat themselves, I image the already released Shanghai Disney Resort information will occupy a decent amount of time.

Yeah, we know the they will be covering Shanghai and Avatar, and they will likely talk about Disney Springs and the Frozen ride so they could stretch that to take up lease half the time. Disneyland has nothing new currently announced so I would think they would at least throw them a bone.

Do they do a Q&A during these presentations?

jt04

The expo is only a week away, I would think anything that was going to be presented would already be out to the people who have to put the presentation together.

They could have already had presentations developed as they went through the creative process. A 'pitch' presented to those who make the deciscions. My thinking is there could be 10 or so possibilities with maybe 3 or 4 making the final cut. And they just do not have a final decision yet. This would explain why conjecture meets with so much opposition not just here but all social media. It is completely over the top.

lazyboy97o

They could have already had presentations developed as they went through the creative process. A 'pitch' presented to those who make the deciscions. My thinking is there could be 10 or so possibilities with maybe 3 or 4 making the final cut. And they just do not have a final decision yet. This would explain why conjecture meets with so much opposition not just here but all social media. It is completely over the top.
Internal presentations are not promotional presentations.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom