a few questions from a newbie

andykate08096

Original Poster
I will be visiting DLR end of March early April 2016. As a WDW vet I have a few questions about DLR since we have never been.

Is there a way to get to downtown disney from the parks via monarail?

Which parking lot would be better to use if we are staying at Peacock Suites? Or should we just walk. It would be myself and my then 17 yo daughter.

How much would a taxi run to and from the parks from our hotel?

When will the hours be released for parades and park times?

We want to go to hollywood studios. My daughter thinks we need FOTL passes but would it be better to do the VIP experience? I was originally going to just get the LA go card and upgrade at the gate was told its a first come thing.

Also is the LA go card worth it for 2 days. We want to do some tours such as warner bro, sony, celebrity tours and go to the pier with the wrist bands.

Thanks all in advance

GiveMeTheMusic

The monorail only runs from Tomorrowland to Downtown Disney. The station is next to Rainforest Cafe.

The closest lot would be the Toy Story Lot, which is on Harbor Blvd south of Katella.

Don't know about the taxi, but an Uber would likely be cheaper.

Hours are usually released 60 days or less in advance.

The VIP Experience at Universal is fantastic. If you have the budget, go for it. It's unlikely you'll need front of the line passes unless you're visiting during peak spring break (which you might be, I haven't looked at the calendar for next spring yet).

Don't know about the Go card. If it adds up to be a value for the things you want to do, then go for it.

Bairstow

Which parking lot would be better to use if we are staying at Peacock Suites? Or should we just walk. It would be myself and my then 17 yo daughter.

Never been to the Peacock Suites, but I can see with Google Earth that there are sidewalks that will get you directly to the parks.
Looks like the total walk to either of the front gates would be about 9/10 of a mile, so it's definitely walkable.
For reference, that's shorter than the pathway from DHS to either the Beach Club or the Swolphin.

I should amend my statement regarding Universal. All bets are off as Harry Potter will be open by then. Expect USH to be packed, so VIP/front of the line might be a good way to go.

"All bets are off" would be an understatement.
Expect apocalyptic crowds.

croboy82

In this video from Universal Studios Hollywood they mention "Spring 2016" as the opening:

If you can do the VIP tour, I did it 3 years ago and I absolutely had a blast, you get front of line passes with that, have a much smaller tram and a very initimate tour (for example you can ask the guide to stop at a certain set and if possible they'll do that).

Californian Elitist

Thanks everyone. For those who did the vip experience what was included? Anyone have pics? Thanks :)

Guests who purchase try the VIP passes get free breakfast (which I hear is amazing), their own tram for the Studio Tour, including being able to get off the tram to walk around sets, something regular guests cannot do, a tour guide, and unlimited front of the line access to the attractions. There's probably more, so just look up the info on USH's website.

Bairstow

Guests who purchase try the VIP passes get free breakfast (which I hear is amazing), their own tram for the Studio Tour, including being able to get off the tram to walk around sets, something regular guests cannot do, a tour guide, and unlimited front of the line access to the attractions. There's probably more, so just look up the info on USH's website.

I wonder if the new Potterland attraction(s) will permit similar access with the VIP passes.
Notably, Universal's Express Passes do not confer any front of the line access to the 3 main Potter rides in Florida.

fosse76

I wonder if the new Potterland attraction(s) will permit similar access with the VIP passes.
Notably, Universal's Express Passes do not confer any front of the line access to the 3 main Potter rides in Florida.

That is correct. However, the VIP Experience DOES grant front-of-line access to the Harry Potter attractions.
They most likely won't.
The VIP Experience will most likely, it did in Florida.

andykate08096

Original Poster
That is correct. However, the VIP Experience DOES grant front-of-line access to the Harry Potter attractions.

The VIP Experience will most likely, it did in Florida.
For the price it should include fotl pass for everything including the bathroom :) Its on my list of things to book so I will report back

croboy82

All of this plus a very yummy lunch and you'll get special seatings at every show too. You'll also visit a special departement with many props and sometimes you can also visit a real set in a hall (in my case we visited the Parenthood set and walked inside the house).

You just have to tell the guide what movie / show you really love and they'll try to make a stop at that certain set. For example I'm a huge Desperate Housewive fan and was able to walk down the Wisteria Lane and take many pics.

andykate08096

Original Poster
All of this plus a very yummy lunch and you'll get special seatings at every show too. You'll also visit a special departement with many props and sometimes you can also visit a real set in a hall (in my case we visited the Parenthood set and walked inside the house).

You just have to tell the guide what movie / show you really love and they'll try to make a stop at that certain set. For example I'm a huge Desperate Housewive fan and was able to walk down the Wisteria Lane and take many pics.
Thats great! Im a huge Desperate Housewive fan as well so that would awesome! Since the front of line pass and food is included I just cant help to think this is the best deal.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom