What did you do?

LindsayLoves

Still doing the whole summer running thing which means 4-5 mile runs that come in around 9 min/mi with at least 1-2 water breaks thrown in. I feel like I should be doing some speed work but this heat is not ideal for that. Any thoughts of attempting a real workout were quickly thrown out the window yesterday when I saw an ambulance helping a girl who passed out from the heat while riding a bike. Be careful out there people!

Texas84

Still doing the whole summer running thing which means 4-5 mile runs that come in around 9 min/mi with at least 1-2 water breaks thrown in. I feel like I should be doing some speed work but this heat is not ideal for that. Any thoughts of attempting a real workout were quickly thrown out the window yesterday when I saw an ambulance helping a girl who passed out from the heat while riding a bike. Be careful out there people!

Absolutely. It's summer, slow down.

http://jeffgalloway.com/pdf/hotweatherrunning.pdf

BrianV

While just a dream to run in a race at wdw someday, maybe 2016-2017, I've been training for races closer to home.

Ran 3.3 miles this AM as I work up to my first formal 10k in November. (I have a 5k along the way as well.)

Texas84

While just a dream to run in a race at wdw someday, maybe 2016-2017, I've been training for races closer to home.

Ran 3.3 miles this AM as I work up to my first formal 10k in November. (I have a 5k along the way as well.)

Always good to get some local official runs in before a huge Disney race. Get to know how to deal with registration, crowds, the start line, etc. on a smaller and less stressful scale before dealing with thousands at the Disney races. And of course you need those qualifiers so you're not in the back corrals. Good luck!

Texas84

Finished the 3-4-3 for the week. School has started and I'm seeing more people out walking and running in the morning. Foot seems to be getting better. Humidity is killing me right now.

LindsayLoves

Today I felt like I could run forever and it was wonderful.

I set out for an undetermined length long run, anything in double digits would have been fine but my body felt off for the first 4 miles and I questioned making it much more than 6. Once I hit mile 4 something clicked, I was on a car free Park Ave, it was shaded and cool for this time of year and I was surrounded by other runners. I ended up with 13 miles at a very easy 10 min/mile pace, I only drank water and didn't fuel at all during the run. My running pace was probably around 9:15-9:30 but I had a few stops each mile for traffic.

Next week is the Dumbo run through, with 6ish miles planned for the last round of Summer Streets and another 13 or so for the second long training run I've signed up for. If the temperatures stay in the low 80s and the humidity stays away I think I might even get some speedwork in next week!

Texas84

9 Muggy Miles this morning. Pure torture. But my foot is so much better. Is it really due to a stupid prescription vitamin pill? 19 for the week. Might be time to dump these clunky foam shoes and go back to the faster model. Maybe after the next doctor visit.

imagination30

work early the next two days so i decided to take advange of getting off early and went for a run.. -- it was muggy .. but by the end of the run a storm was moving in.. did 4.31. for a total for the year so far : 242.55

Texas84

Sat was 3.5@2i@6:53p, Sun was 9@2i, 7@8:27p, 1@8p, .5@7p, .5@6p. Bike today. I'm not digging the speed work so much lately, but seem to be enjoying the long run groove.

For any who don't know my shorthand (although this is a bit generic) Long Slow Distance. (Although I know you knew that already @Texas84)

Seriously, I figured out the 'L' and the 'D' but I don't do LFD so...:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom