Suggestions for OOP Breakfast?

JennSmith

Original Poster
We will be going to Disney World in September. We were fortunate enough to have the free dining promo added to our existing reservation, (we were already planning on getting the dining plan so bonus for us :)) All 8 of our table services are already spoken for but I am wondering if there are any breakfasts that are worth springing for OOP? Or should we pay OOP for any of our existing ADRs and have breakfast somewhere else on the DP?
This is what we have so far...
T-Rex - dinner
Crystal Palace - dinner
Beirgarten - dinner
Sci Fi - dinner
Ohana, (our only breakfast ADR)
Garden Grill - dinner
50's Prime Time - dinner
Chef Mickey's - Dinner
The list was compiled by all of the family's input, family consists of the following...
My mom - 61
My hubby - 44
Me - 40, (we leave for vacation on my B- Day...woot woot)
Our daughter - 21
Our other daughter - 16
Our son - 6
I don't know why I have the desire to add a breakfast - I almost think I have reached the point where there is nothing I can do anymore but wait and pack. ADRs are done...FP are done...trip was paid off...online check in done...like I NEED to do something lol. The waiting is KILLING me!!! :eek: :)

lostpro9het

I wouldn't pay OOP for any on the the list you provided above, maybe Sci-Fi or 50's but that's it. As for OOP breakfast, I like Kona but since yo already have 'Ohana for breakfast that may be to similar for your crew.

Last edited:

Jon81uk

If you want breakfast then just pay OOP at your resorts quick service.
Unless you want particular characters (Princesses at Akershus & CRT, Pooh at Crystal Palace and Chip & Dale and Mickey at Garden Grill) then I don't think I would bother with any breakfast table service.
Of course there is also Be Our Guest if you want the experience of eating in the Beasts castle and this counts as quick service but is a fixed price of $21.99 so good value for a DDP quick service credit.

Disney4family

Happy Birthday! :joyfull:

I wouldn't know what to add either. If you really want to experience a fun breakfast, I would change your dinners at The Crystal Palace and Chef Mickey's for breakfasts, but that's just our preference. The dinner The CP was ok the one time we did it - kind of like a wedding reception. We never did dinner at CM, but that's because the menu and reviews haven't thrilled us.

There is a nice b'fast at 1900 Park Fare in the GF with Pooh, Piglet, Alice & the Mad Hatter. You could look into that. As far as paying OOP, it was always recommended to us to do that for the buffets.

We check out menus and reviews on www.allearsnet.com. We understand about the wait killing you. I've been watching youtube clips of rides and walking around the parks like crazy, listening to everything on www.d-cot.com ( even complete monorail loops) and watching videos of the resorts on allears.

Have a magical trip!

JennSmith

Original Poster
If you want breakfast then just pay OOP at your resorts quick service.
Unless you want particular characters (Princesses at Akershus & CRT, Pooh at Crystal Palace and Chip & Dale and Mickey at Garden Grill) then I don't think I would bother with any breakfast table service.
Of course there is also Be Our Guest if you want the experience of eating in the Beasts castle and this counts as quick service but is a fixed price of $21.99 so good value for a DDP quick service credit.

We have a lunch reservation @ Be Our Guest, so that's covered. We aren't even big breakfast eaters, to be honest. I already bought some breakfast - y foods to keep in the room - muffins, pop tarts some cereal and milk, (through Garden Grocer) to be delivered when we arrive. I have heard breakfast at Boma is great but wasn't sure. Like I said, it really is probably more about wanting/needing to do something right now besides wait...and wait.........and wait lol. So I thought maybe another ADR but dinner is more than covered all week, so what's left? Breakfast! I'm a mess, I know :)

JennSmith

Original Poster
Happy Birthday! :joyfull:

I wouldn't know what to add either. If you really want to experience a fun breakfast, I would change your dinners at The Crystal Palace and Chef Mickey's for breakfasts, but that's just our preference. The dinner The CP was ok the one time we did it - kind of like a wedding reception. We never did dinner at CM, but that's because the menu and reviews haven't thrilled us.

There is a nice b'fast at 1900 Park Fare in the GF with Pooh, Piglet, Alice & the Mad Hatter. You could look into that. As far as paying OOP, it was always recommended to us to do that for the buffets.

We check out menus and reviews on www.allearsnet.com. We understand about the wait killing you. I've been watching youtube clips of rides and walking around the parks like crazy, listening to everything on www.d-cot.com ( even complete monorail loops) and watching videos of the resorts on allears.

Have a magical trip!

Thanks for the B-Day wishes!! I am kind of pumped about the link for d-cot.com. Never knew this existed!!! Yay :)

Jon81uk

I think if you have breakfast food in the room you are covered. I'd forgotten about Boma, but if you aren't staying at AKL then that will be a pain to get to, probably need to do it by taxi. I've got ages until my next trip but my own plan is just to pay OOP for a couple of quick service breakfasts if I really want something like waffles. Might go to IHOP when off-site too. I'm not feeling like any table service breakfast is a must do.

JennSmith

Original Poster
I think if you have breakfast food in the room you are covered. I'd forgotten about Boma, but if you aren't staying at AKL then that will be a pain to get to, probably need to do it by taxi. I've got ages until my next trip but my own plan is just to pay OOP for a couple of quick service breakfasts if I really want something like waffles. Might go to IHOP when off-site too. I'm not feeling like any table service breakfast is a must do.

Good plans :)

JennSmith

Original Poster
Oh my gosh @Disney4family...I cannot even with this d-cot.com. I don't know if I want to cry, laugh, jump for joy, throw a blanket on because of the goose bumps or all of the above. Like this music makes me even more excited to go! Slowest 44 days ever in front of me right now...ugh!

belledream

There are some QS places that you could get something tasty for breakfast from...Starring Rolls, Boardwalk Bakery, Sleepy Hollow waffles! If you can't tell, I'm the kind of person who likes eating cake for breakfast. :)

JennSmith

Original Poster
There are some QS places that you could get something tasty for breakfast from...Starring Rolls, Boardwalk Bakery, Sleepy Hollow waffles! If you can't tell, I'm the kind of person who likes eating cake for breakfast. :)

Well me too...if I have to eat breakfast, I am all about the baked goods ;)

jjbuster2

If you happen to be going to AK one morning anyway...we love Rainforest Cafe for breakfast and have paid oop a couple of times now. Everything we've tried from the menu has pretty darn yummy and like everywhere the portions are huge. Last time the hubby and me split the b'fast pizza. So if you don't want to get too full and anyone wants to share, that's good for oop. Also, when your done, go through the gift shop and out that way there is a park entrance. It's probably not much of one but it feels like a shortcut and there is no line...a quiet way to enter the park on some less crowded walkways before you spend the rest of the day standing in lines with a bunch of people. Just a thought...

boilerpicc

I wouldn't recommend breakfast with all the rest of the places you are eating. My family are pretty big eaters, and we end up stuffed with the dining plan. 2 desserts a day plus a snack ends up being deceivingly filling. We always grab some pastries from the resort and eat those in the room for breakfast while we are getting ready. We also end up eating a lot of our dinner desserts for breakfast as well. Nothing says good morning like chocolate cake :)

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
I wouldn't pay OOP for any on the the list you provided above, maybe Sci-Fi or 50's but that's it. As for OOP breakfast, I like Kona but since yo already have 'Ohana for breakfast that may be to similar for your crew.

'Ohana and Kona are really not that similar for breakfast options. Kona has Tonga toast, and macadamia pancakes, and the delicious Kona pressed pot coffee, and several other items you cannot get at breakfast at 'Ohana. Also 'Ohana is served family style at your table and has the characters for Lilo and Stich. We enjoy doing both each trip as to us they are totally different. :)

JennSmith

Original Poster
'Ohana and Kona are totally different for breakfast options. Kona has Tonga toast, and macadamia pancakes, and the delicious Kona pressed pot coffee, and several other items you cannot get at breakfast at 'Ohana. Also 'Ohana is served family style at your table and has the characters for Lilo and Stich. We enjoy doing both each trip as to us they are totally different. :)
I want some Kona coffee...is it an option to pay for some without having to be seated at Kona?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom