Pre-Trip We are going to Disney....land?!

Hey everyone!
I can not believe that I am fortunate enough to be sitting here writing another PTR! I just finished my last TR and its finally time to start this PTR for our adventure to Disneyland!!!

Who?
Just my mom and I will be going on this trip :) This picture was taken on our last trip when we went to Disney for the Princess Half Marathon! My mom and I have never traveled to Disney by ourselves but our last trip it was just the two of us for the last three days :)
My mom graciously volunteered to travel with me so I wouldn't have to go go California alone (of course it didn't hurt that I was planning on going to Disneyland haha)
232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv3%3A893%3Enu%3D3365%3E2%3A%3A%3E4%3A%3A%3EWSNRCG%3D3%3B3778%3A66%3A337nu0mrj

When?
August 5th - 8th we will be at Disneyland then traveling to San Jose at night on the 8th until the 10th

Where?
I went back and forth a ton on where we should stay. I had read a lot of things about it being easy enough to stay at an offsite hotel and how sometimes they are an even closer walk than the onsite hotels. However, part of me wanted to be immersed in the Disney Magic the whole time we were there so I ended up picking the Disneyland Hotel. The pool looks awesome and we are very excited to stay there!

Why?
My best friend from residency is getting married in San Jose! I happen to be on a rotation where I can move some stuff around to go so I decided for sure I was going to the wedding. Since I am so Disney obsessed I kept thinking about the fact that I must go to Disneyland since I am going to fly all the way to California anyway! I have never been to the west coast so everyone keeps telling me I should take time to see the sites but I knew the time was right to go to Disneyland since its the 60th Anniversary...and who knows when I will be back on the West Coast again.

I have no idea what I am doing on this trip though haha I have obviously never been to Disneyland and my mom was last there 38 years ago so this is going to be a challenge for sure. I am currently reading the Unofficial Guide to Disneyland to get some tips. I am less than 60 days out and have only made one dining reservation...I hope that doesn't matter haha.

Anyway enough of my rambling: Next up: plans!

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Oh, unless it's changed in 2 months, the place to get your lanyard and pin is the gift shop across from Star Tours in Tomorrowland, which is where the fast pass machine for the ride is. And I bet yours will be celebration themed. So give us pictures. :)

And make sure you get a pair of the diamond ears. They looked cute in the pictures I saw.

Have fun - at both the wedding and Disneyland!

There will definitely be pictures! I think you are right about the place for the pin and the lanyard I just looked at the packet! I did not get a tote bag :(
Do they sell diamond ears there? I have been looking for some on etsy but I can't find any that I like

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
There will definitely be pictures! I think you are right about the place for the pin and the lanyard I just looked at the packet! I did not get a tote bag :(
Do they sell diamond ears there? I have been looking for some on etsy but I can't find any that I like

That's interesting. My package was delivered FedEx, probably because of the tickets (and maybe tote bag), and I had to sign for it. Which I found amusing since WDW mails my tickets to special events in a regular envelope.

You should be able to find the ears at any store in Disneyland, DCA or Downtown Disney that sells ears. I keep looking in the 60th anniversary section of the online store to see if they are selling them there, but all they currently have are the t-shirts. So I guess I will just have to be patient. :)

Make sure to include a photo of you and your mom in your anniversary ears in your post trip report so we can all see them. Only 6 years until Magic Kingdom's 50th - and I plan on being there. Along with half the planet, lol.

Doc Disney

Original Poster
That's interesting. My package was delivered FedEx, probably because of the tickets (and maybe tote bag), and I had to sign for it. Which I found amusing since WDW mails my tickets to special events in a regular envelope.

You should be able to find the ears at any store in Disneyland, DCA or Downtown Disney that sells ears. I keep looking in the 60th anniversary section of the online store to see if they are selling them there, but all they currently have are the t-shirts. So I guess I will just have to be patient. :)

Make sure to include a photo of you and your mom in your anniversary ears in your post trip report so we can all see them. Only 6 years until Magic Kingdom's 50th - and I plan on being there. Along with half the planet, lol.

Hmm weird mine came in a UPS package but just had the envelope and luggage tags...no bag!
I have already told my mine we will be using my Disney Visa rewards card to buy ourselves some ears :)

I all of a sudden feel so old....I was there for the 25th anniversary......can't believe 50 is coming up

LAKid53

Premium Member
Hmm weird mine came in a UPS package but just had the envelope and luggage tags...no bag!
I have already told my mine we will be using my Disney Visa rewards card to buy ourselves some ears :)

I all of a sudden feel so old....I was there for the 25th anniversary......can't believe 50 is coming up

That card is dangerous. The online store is currently offering a discount for card holders and I've done two separate orders so far...don't forget to ask for the discount in shops when using the card.

You were there for the 25th with the birthday cake? That was our first trip, but before the Castle was decorated. It was still very pink, though. Hopefully, the Castle will be a little more tastefully decorated for her 50th.

Doc Disney

Original Poster
That card is dangerous. The online store is currently offering a discount for card holders and I've done two separate orders so far...don't forget to ask for the discount in shops when using the card.

You were there for the 25th with the birthday cake? That was our first trip, but before the Castle was decorated. It was still very pink, though. Hopefully, the Castle will be a little more tastefully decorated for her 50th.

Ah that card is very dangerous! I almost wish I never got it but honestly the rewards alone are worth it. I use it for everything (including student loan payments) so I can get money back pretty quickly ! I always pay it off every month too so I don't worry about the interest :)

I was there for the Birthday cake! I will admit I don't remember much about that trip but I remember the castle! I agree...hopefully the castle is better for the 50th!

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Got this awesome countdown thing in the mail today! I got it on Etsy and I love it! The top part is a chalkboard to write on (never mind the half erased 12 I was playing around with it :) )
I realize this says Disney World but I figured WDW is going to be more often than DL for us! I jokingly put a post it over the World part that said land haha 13 days!

232323232%7Ffp93232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv3%3C537%3Enu%3D3365%3E2%3A%3A%3E4%3A%3A%3EWSNRCG%3D4d66ig%3B40d5%3Bd%2F7h8c0d88i%2Fdg63hghhg5f%3Bot1lsi

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Speaking of anniversaries : found these gems from our trip for the 25th anniversary in Disney World...can't wait to take some pictures in front of the DL castle :) (and the DL castle definitely looks prettier for the 60th haha)

This is the family : (I'm the little one in the red...)
232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv3%3C7%3B%3A%3Enu%3D3%3B63%3E2%3A%3A%3E5%3C3%3E2%3C542%3A%3A6%3B4246ot1lsi

We went with our cousins so this is the kids picture
232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv3%3C88%3B%3Enu%3D3%3B63%3E353%3E5%3B%3B%3E2%3C543536%3A%3C246ot1lsi

And my parents definitely had the best view of the castle
232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv3%3B%3A%3A7%3Enu%3D3%3B63%3E2%3A%3A%3E5%3C5%3E2%3C542%3A%3A6%3B6246ot1lsi

My mom and I were laughing because we didn't have a single picture of the castle alone. My mom said its because of the fact that it was still film and she probably wanted to save all the film for people pictures. haha the good ol' days

SIX DAYS!

LAKid53

Premium Member
Yeah, that was SOME pink castle, lol. That year was our first trip to WDW and I remember thinking, "Wait, Cinderella Castle is PINK?! Okay...."

Doc Disney

Original Poster
OMG! Love these pictures!!! Didn't realize you were the youngest.

Haha it probably seems like I'm the oldest because I'm the bossy one who makes all the plans :)

The castle looks INSANE :joyfull: Thanks for posting these.

It was terrible haha that trip was probably the first one I remember most of and I will never forget seeing the castle pink and wondering why

Yeah, that was SOME pink castle, lol. That year was our first trip to WDW and I remember thinking, "Wait, Cinderella Castle is PINK?! Okay...."

haha it was terrible the DL 60th one looks way nicer

Longers

Love the Disney countdown - and pink castle - urgghh that was my first year to Disney too. So glad they haven't made it look like that since (I hated it) have a fab time - hope you are packed?!

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Love the Disney countdown - and pink castle - urgghh that was my first year to Disney too. So glad they haven't made it look like that since (I hated it) have a fab time - hope you are packed?!

That castle was truly awful. haha now my Dad made a very nice paper that says Disneyland on the countdown so it definitely looks better :) I am (mostly) packed. Just want to find one more outfit at the mall today and I need to find a dress for the wedding I'm going to. Nothing like last minute....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom