Ideas on what to do on last day?

phxbbw6ft1

Original Poster
We're staying 13 days. On the last day the Magical bus will take us to the airport around 2PM- We're not going to waste the $$ on park tickets. Any ideas on what we could do for the few hours? Also, does All stars music resort hold luggage? Thanks, Melissa

mikeyd229

We did this last year. We checked out late, went to Downtown Disney, picked up a few last minute souvenirs, and had lunch. Then, after doing some more browsing around, about an hour or so before ME was scheduled to pick us up, we took the bus back to the resort. You could also take a bus or other transport to Magic Kingdom (if your resort isn't on the monorail line), then take a little trip on the monorail and visit some of the other resorts just to look around.

They will hold your luggage and carry-ons for you, then get them out when it's time to check in for your flight and ME. We were at Coronado Springs and it was a very smooth process, hoping it's the same this year at Pop!

Matt_Black

My family has the tradition of doing a last day breakfast at 1900 Park Fare at the Grand Floridian. Get a nice big meal, meet some characters, and then maybe do a bit of sight-seeing around one of the loveliest resorts.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
If your airline participates in the Resort Airline Check In Service, you can check your luggage at ASM and it will be transported to the airport and placed on your plane. Bell services can stow your carry-ons.

Sleep in and schedule a late breakfast/brunch at one of the resorts (like @Matt_Black suggested.) Choose one you have always wanted to visit/explore. Simply take the bus from ASM to the MK, and if the resort is not on the monorail line, transfer to that resort's bus at the MK depot.

The one resort exception to this would be AKL. Boma has a terrific breakfast buffet and you could spend a couple hours afterwards exploring the lodge, watching the animals and conversing with cast members. For this option, take the AK bus from ASM and transfer to the AKL bus at the AK depot.

polynesiangirl

I'd swim until shortly before your 11am checkout time, then change, leave your room, drop your luggage off and go grab some lunch somewhere before your bus arrives. Of course, that assumes your family is into the pools and that you're not going in January on a day when it could be 55 degrees...

jprieur

at that length of stay its only 10 bucks a person to add a day, why not just take a final run at the parks?

Otherwise, maybe do a short resort tour and check out a few of the other resorts, their gift shops and places to eat?

BrianV

at that length of stay its only 10 bucks a person to add a day, why not just take a final run at the parks?

Otherwise, maybe do a short resort tour and check out a few of the other resorts, their gift shops and places to eat?
Was thinking the same thing. One more day on a long ticket is cheap unless you've already maxed out a 10 day ticket.

slappy magoo

Was thinking the same thing. One more day on a long ticket is cheap unless you've already maxed out a 10 day ticket.

I was going to ask the same question. I'm not saying you HAVE to go into the parks, and there are plenty of things you could do INSTEAD OF going to the parks (clearly, based on the replies posted already). But unless you physically can not add an extra day to your ticket, the price might be relatively negligible. To the OP - have you looked into how much more it would be to add a day to your parks passes?

Otherwise, I'd also agree to either try to schedule a very late breakfast/borderline brunch at a restaurant that has characters (if you have little kids). I'd probably opt for Chef Mickey's or 1900 Park Fare and then perhaps rent a boat and just go out for a spin.

da1070

Spend the Money for a ticket on the last day. Go to Magic Kingdon and spend the time on Main Street. Watch the dapper dans, look for the mayor walking around. Be there for the surprise parade (they still doing that?). Go do some shopping. Get some sweets. Go to the train station and take some pictures of the castle. Perfect last day.

SAV

I'd go and check out some of the resorts you haven't yet visited. Over the weekend, we visited The Boardwalk, Beach Club and got poured on before we got to the Yacht Club before heading home. The year before we visited AKL.

It's a great way to do some recon for future trips and still stay at Disney.

Foltzy

We've used it for a breakfast at a hotel, like 1900 park fare or chef mickeys. Then head to blizzard beach for two games of mini golf, then heading back home

rob0519

DTD
Check out all the monorail resorts
Mini-golf at Fantasia Gardens
Late Character Breakfast wherever you can get an ADR
We always schedule as late a flight as possible so we do buy tickets for the last day. At that point the price per day if pretty low and spend the day at MK.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom