Tokyo Disneyland new or totally overhauled Electrical Parade

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Original Poster
The before I rant on that blue fairy music with voice over scares me, the technology is great but they cut back a bit which I find disappointing. I hope the music doesn't make its way to Disney World. The blue fairy on the other hand is welcome along with that new pirate ship. The tangles unit looks like its about to fall over. But I can say it totally beats Paint the Night.

Last edited:

ShoalFox

In the Parks
Yes
Before I start, I must say that clapping throughout the parade was really annoying. Seriously, why did they continue after the intro music ended? Anyway...

This looks absolutely amazing, and I agree, much better than Paint the Night. As much as I love our classic Electrical Parade here in Florida, I would not at all mind getting a copy of this. I for one think the music sounds just fine. Quite a nice update to incorporate classic MSEP characters with newer ones.

Also, I'm surprised Marie only appeared on at the back of a float toward the end being shared with Pluto rather than having an entire Aristocats float considering how popular she is in Japan.

kap91

I was actually blown away by paint the night but I LOVE how this keeps the more classic "dotted" look of the floats. At work so I can't listen to the music but nothing can beat the original score.

brb1006

Before I start, I must say that clapping throughout the parade was really annoying. Seriously, why did they continue after the intro music ended? Anyway...

This looks absolutely amazing, and I agree, much better than Paint the Night. As much as I love our classic Electrical Parade here in Florida, I would not at all mind getting a copy of this. I for one think the music sounds just fine. Quite a nice update to incorporate classic MSEP characters with newer ones.

I'm surprised Marie only appeared on at the back of a float toward the end being shared with Pluto rather than having an entire Aristocats float considering how popular she is in Japan.
I'm going to bet in the future Toulouse or Berlioz might replace the area where Pluto stands. Especially since Toulouse and Berlioz are in the "Happiness Is Here" parade during the day in Tokyo Disneyland.

Marie currently does meet and greets at the Magic Kingdom near the flag pole starting in 2012 which was next to Pluto. So when ever I seen Marie near Pluto in the Magic Kingdom I'm always reminded of seeing those two during the finale of Dreamlights. I remember Marie being added in 2009 when the parade added the Nemo and Monsters Inc floats.

Last edited:

brb1006

I was actually blown away by paint the night but I LOVE how this keeps the more classic "dotted" look of the floats. At work so I can't listen to the music but nothing can beat the original score.
I remember getting extremely blown away when I discovered this parade back in 2007 before the MSEP got updated in DCA and Spectromagic was still around WDW. Also Fantillusion was a very short parade before Paint The Night debuted in Hong Kong Disneyland and Disneyland. So seeing photos and video footage of the parade back in 2007 was very overwhelming due to how huge the floats we're and how longer it felt. It felt like Spectromagic but much longer and even better. If the Magic Kingdom get's a new electrical, I hope it can top Spectromagic when it comes to the originality.

brb1006

I saw her there on my last day at MK. I really regret not meeting her now.
While I'm a huge fan of Marie and The Aristocats in general. I really wish Toulouse and Berlioz can show up in WDW in the future and for Duchess to become meetable. Especially since Toulouse and Berlioz are currently spotted in Disneyland Paris and Tokyo Disney resort. I can imagine them possibly doing meet and greets at the France Pavilion in Epcot.

I remember seeing a videos of Marie at Disneyland near DCA but she was only seen during a dance party event called "Dancing With Disney" from 2012 - 2013. I hope Marie could show up more often in Disneyland resort. I can already see the fun interactions she and the guests could have. Especially after seeing tons of videos of the Mad Hatter doing "Musical Chairs" which would sometimes features various Disney characters joining in.

spectrodanny

If Magic Kingdom HAD gotten Dreamlights (as was originally intended when Anaheim's MSEP came to Florida the 1st time back in '99) I wonder if it would have been updated as often as Tolyo has done it (3 x's since it's 2001 debt) my gut says "Florida,spend $$$$$? HA!"

brb1006

If Magic Kingdom HAD gotten Dreamlights (as was originally intended when Anaheim's MSEP came to Florida the 1st time back in '99) I wonder if it would have been updated as often as Tolyo has done it (3 x's since it's 2001 debt) my gut says "Florida,spend $$$$$? HA!"
This is what I envy about Dreamlights.

jrhwdw

When was MK slated for Dreamlights??? Instead of DL's MSEP coming to MK or right after? I ask this because TDL's Dreamlights didn't open till June 2001, and MSEP came in May 1999 and Spectro came back in April 2001. Granted I don't know how much time TDL worked on it before it opened.

I have read things about DL wanting it back to work on it put it back in DL Park. Then DCA needed it. Did that play a factor in Dreamlights, Spectro's return and timing?

Bacon

The before I rant on that blue fairy music with voice over scares me, the technology is great but they cut back a bit which I find disappointing. I hope the music doesn't make its way to Disney World. The blue fairy on the other hand is welcome along with that new pirate ship. The tangles unit looks like its about to fall over. But I can say it totally beats Paint the Night.

It could become updated or become paint the night

brb1006

I actually loved how the Blue Fairy talks in the parade.

Disney Analyst

I think as Paint the Night continues to grow over the years, like the other Electrical parades have... it'll trump this. I like it, but I prefer the modern Paint the Night.

spectrodanny

Has Dopey's Mine Train been seen in the parade lately? I watched 3 streams of it last week and it wasm't in it last weekend (Dopey rode on the Diamond mine, btw in situations like that, who dfoes Dopey replace on the Diamond mine float? (it wouldn't surprise me if his float is on it's lst legs, err wheels , it turned 30 last year as did the Diamond Mine, the Pirate ship in the Peter Pan section and bth Pinocchio units.

GiveMeTheMusic

Has Dopey's Mine Train been seen in the parade lately? I watched 3 streams of it last week and it wasm't in it last weekend (Dopey rode on the Diamond mine, btw in situations like that, who dfoes Dopey replace on the Diamond mine float? (it wouldn't surprise me if his float is on it's lst legs, err wheels , it turned 30 last year as did the Diamond Mine, the Pirate ship in the Peter Pan section and bth Pinocchio units.

Are you talking about Walt Disney World? This is the Tokyo Disneyland forum.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom