The Big Toss At Living With The Land

rsoxguy

Original Poster
Hey gang. Longtime WDW patron and forum doofus here. I have been on the Living With The Land attraction far more times than I could possibly count, but I'm lacking a very specific observation that I'm hoping someone can clear for me. This is not an idle question arising from a bored mind, but rather something having to do with a very personal matter that I can hopefully fulfill after I receive an answer.

Does anyone know with a degree of certainty if people toss coins into the water at this attraction? I'm talking the way that tourists throw coins into the water at IASW. I really need confirmation as opposed to conjecture, as I am a rule follower to my bones.

Thanks in advance for any help given.

rsoxguy

Original Poster
My pleasure!:happy:

I've honestly never noticed coins in the water in any part of the ride. I would imagine it would be obvious like it is at IASW. I'll definitely take a peek in each section.
I've been going to EPCOT since it first opened, and this attraction is mandatory with my wife. We have been on it a few hundred times and I have never noticed. I guess you don't see what you're not looking for. Thanks again.

ULPO46

People do throw coins into Living With The Land. Also my favorite attraction at EPCOT. But back to your original question. Yes the employees at the ride do find coins. Just not on the scale of IASW. I don't think any of the other water rides get as many coins in it as IASW does. On a side not, I have a friend who works there. He says that they find mot of the coins in the jungle area, I guess people are so bored they just have to throw coins at the A.A. Caiman.

WhatJaneSays

Yes. they support a few local charities. Which ones exactly I forgot it's been a while since I last looked at that.
Generally the Cast votes on who the money goes to. Although I believe that a few rides/fountains have designated charities the coins go to, like UNICEF gets the IASW ones and I think there's a conservation society for some AK place.

As for LWTL - I've never seen someone toss coins but I know I have seen some on the banks a long time ago.

rsoxguy

Original Poster
People do throw coins into Living With The Land. Also my favorite attraction at EPCOT. But back to your original question. Yes the employees at the ride do find coins. Just not on the scale of IASW. I don't think any of the other water rides get as many coins in it as IASW does. On a side not, I have a friend who works there. He says that they find mot of the coins in the jungle area, I guess people are so bored they just have to throw coins at the A.A. Caiman.

I appreciate the information. Thanks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom