Holiday Inn Orange Lake

NCRedskins

Original Poster
We used a family members RCI to trade into Holiday Inn Orange Lake. The reviews are mixed, and it sounds like there is a major issue with timeshare sharks and maybe cleanliness?

Has anyone had experience there? We are going with three kids and likely won't be using much else than the room itself.

lazyboy97o

I haven't been in a couple of years but for a good while it was my go-to place to stay. Never had an issue with cleanliness. Would get a call asking if I was interested in the timeshare presentation, I'd decline and that would be the end of it. Some family stayed there recently and made no mention of any problems.

epcotisbest

We used a family members RCI to trade into Holiday Inn Orange Lake. The reviews are mixed, and it sounds like there is a major issue with timeshare sharks and maybe cleanliness?

Has anyone had experience there? We are going with three kids and likely won't be using much else than the room itself.
We have stayed at Orange Lake several times. It is a big place with several different sections. Always had nice, modern, clean, spacious accommodations and we always take time to enjoy the grounds and amenities. There are several really good pools areas too.
As for the timeshare people, all you have to do is tell them no. Even if you have to tell them no and refuse the tour several times, while that is frustrating, it is hardly a major issue. If you do take the tour, that is your fault. As for the tours taking too long, it is your time, they don't control it. If you have had enough and the time is up, leave.

WDWVADER

We own in Myrtle Beach which was purchased by Orange Lake a few years back. We have stayed at Orange Lake 5 times since they did the buy out. It is a very big property with lots to do if one was going to just stay there and not go to the parks. We have never encountered any cleanliness issues, rooms have always been very clean. They will try to contact you to discuss upgrades etc, we never answer the phone. So, we have not waisted any time going to presentations or sales pitches. The property is very close to Disney. You shouldn't have any issues with this resort.

DizneyPryncess

My in-laws have a time share there. We've stayed there many times. It's really a beautiful resort, we have never had an issue with cleanliness. You get a lot of space, the pools are big. There are a lot of activities (pool bingo pays out a few hundred bucks every day!) There's minigolf courses, and a lazy river. We have had great times there.

They do call often about the tours, in my experience. But my in laws have bought a total of 4 weeks, so at this point I understand why they get stalked. They always give in! They usually give them dinner (it used to be park tickets) for doing the tour. The tour has taken them a long time in the past. If you're not interested, I would just tell them no so you don't waste a lot of time. I definitely don't think it was ever a big issue though with staying there.

Once, to book with some kind of discounted rate, we had to agree to do the tour while there. They would have removed the discount after the trip if we didn't take the tour. It was just my husband and I that time. So the only time you really have to do the tour is a situation like that, where you agree to do it beforehand for a discount or whatever reason. :)

NCRedskins

Original Poster
Thanks for the feedback everybody. I'm sure we can just push past the timeshare people and it sounds like it will be good after that point.

Rob562

One suggestion while staying at Orange Lake (or any hotel/resort west of WDW) is to look at a map and learn the back entrance onto property via Sherberth Road. The sooner you can get off of the traffic-light-filled US192 the better. Sherberth brings you in by the entrance to Animal Kingdom Lodge. Just turn right at the light and you're on Osceola Parkway. (If you're heading to AK, turn right on Osceola and there will be a signed U-turn to AK in about 1/2 mile. All other parks stay on Osceola until World Drive)

-Rob

osucbsb

We just stayed there at the end of May. It was our second time staying there. Although we didn't spend much time in the resort, everything was great for us. I read the reviews as well about the pushy timeshare problem, but we didn't have an issue at all. After checking in, they send you to get the parking pass and this is where they "attack" you with the timeshare push, but we just said our week was full. They gave us our parking pass and wished as well. It is a beautiful resort and really spread out. We played golf there the first time we stayed which was great.

Enjoy!! Wished we were headed back soon.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom