Others using your magic band-I am not in Park

Jerry Kirk

Original Poster
I know people have said that, while in the parks, you can have someone else use your magic band for a fast pass. What would happen if you stayed at the pool and gave them the band to use your fast pass+? That is assuming they have their own band to enter the park of course.

G00fyDad

I really don't think Disney has any issues with that. They never had issues with people giving away their FP's when they were paper. To Disney, that space would have been filled regardless of the body in the spot. They don't care.

G8rchamps

My daughter doesn't care for a few coasters so my son will ride with me and then use his sisters pass to go again with mom. Homemade rider exchange, but they never say anything.

Jerry Kirk

Original Poster
Thanks! I know you can have someone else use them while you are in the park. If your band doesn't show you are even in the park, will the fast pass be recognized? I believe GOOfyDad is probably correct, but I don't know of anyone who actually did my scenario.

Thanks! I know you can have someone else use them while you are in the park. If your band doesn't show you are even in the park, will the fast pass be recognized? I believe GOOfyDad is probably correct, but I don't know of anyone who actually did my scenario.

I believe you are correct...the band would not have registered a park entrance, therefore the fastpass probably would not work. I am also just guessing though as I have not attempted this, but it does make sense because the band keeps track of everything.

journ116

I know people have said that, while in the parks, you can have someone else use your magic band for a fast pass. What would happen if you stayed at the pool and gave them the band to use your fast pass+? That is assuming they have their own band to enter the park of course.
The owner of the band must first enter the park in order for the MB to be recognized, thus activating the FP's.

Ben_since_1971

If it is anything like how the old KTTK cards worked, you won't be able to use it. I always used to get the extra FP from my wife's card because she is not the thrill ride type. But one day I tried to do 4 parks in one morning thrill ride adventure and ended the sequence at DHS. I rode RnR, and decided to FP ToT since I had to get back and meet my wife for lunch. When I tried using her key for a FP, it said she hadn't entered the park so I couldn't use her card.

Logic would dictate the same scenario would be true with MC. Only difference is that FP+ are made ahead of time. Since the FP+ stored on the MB is similar to the old paper FP, would it matter? Or would the fact that the person the MB is tied to has not entered the park preclude that person's FP+ from being used? I am guessing on the latter. It will be interesting to see what happens.

Rob562

Logic would dictate the same scenario would be true with MC. Only difference is that FP+ are made ahead of time. Since the FP+ stored on the MB is similar to the old paper FP, would it matter? Or would the fact that the person the MB is tied to has not entered the park preclude that person's FP+ from being used? I am guessing on the latter. It will be interesting to see what happens.

Nothing is "stored" on the Band. The Band merely tells the FP+ system to look up your profile to see if you have a valid FP+ reservation. The ticket-entering-the-park is still a requirement.

Otherwise, what would keep someone from buying a ticket, linking it to a false MDE profile and then using that profile to gain more FP+ selections without actually using the ticket for admission thereby being able to use the "ghost" ticket to make more FP_+ down the road.

-Rob

NYwdwfan

I agree with prior posters - I don't think it will work if the band wasn't used for park entrance.

You would also be leaving yourself at the pool without a key to your room.

Baxatan

The ticket on the MagicBand should be used to get into the park before redeming any FastPass+ selections. If you do have a selection for something that you know you don't want to do, but someone else does, you can have a resort Concierge or Guest Relations Cast Member transfer it to that other person.
However I don't believe that you will be able to make a replacement selection until the other person uses that original selection.

The owner of the band must first enter the park in order for the MB to be recognized, thus activating the FP's.
You are right the band requires you to be in the park. This is no different than the old system. Even the key to the world card required entry into the park before it would allow a fastpass to be retrieved from the machines. This stopped people from sending one person to the park at opening with four or five cards to get fastpasses for everyone in their party later in the day.

deanaandrich

This past weekend we were able to use someone else's FP+ even though they never entered the park. My husband and I were with my inlaws at AK and they decided to go home rather than go to Epcot with us. They both had FP+ left on their magic bands for Soarin. We took their bands and even though they never entered the park, the bands recognized the FP and we got on the ride.

Mawg

This past weekend we were able to use someone else's FP+ even though they never entered the park. My husband and I were with my inlaws at AK and they decided to go home rather than go to Epcot with us. They both had FP+ left on their magic bands for Soarin. We took their bands and even though they never entered the park, the bands recognized the FP and we got on the ride.
It's probably because they had entered a park that day, not the right park but "a" park and had park hopper. As soon as you enter any park the "ticket" becomes active for the day and you can start using Fast Passes.

Was this ever attempted? Just curious because I'll be down in FL this week and will be able to visit Disney world solo tomorrow. I thought about taking my wifes Magic band and getting FP at Mk after using mine for FP at HS.
We're AP's by the way.

Last edited:
I went this week while on a business trip and was able to use my wife's AP magic band for fast passes, without it being used to enter the park. Came in very handy since I went to all four parks and it was extremely crowded!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom