iPhone App issues?

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Steve,

The last couple of days the App has failed to load. It shows "Loading" for a while then a pop-up window say "There is a problem retrieving data from the server, please check your internet connection or try again later."

I can still get in using Safari, but I prefer the app.

EDIT TO UPDATE: It's working again.

Last edited:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Quick question on this. What do you prefer about the app to using the site via Safari?

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Quick question on this. What do you prefer about the app to using the site via Safari?
It just seems easier to use. My only issue is it reverts to home if I open another app. Maintaining where I am would be nice.

The web works, but Safari doesn't seem as easy. It probably is just me, but saving a bookmark isn't as clean as a dedicated app.

DisneyGigi

The ap is just easier to load, it does bog down a bit lately. Had pop ups come up when just viewing page and sometimes is says no connection when I do have one. It just started doing it recently.

The Visionary Soul

I love using the app, especially when I am in the park and I need the Illuminations weather forecast. The mobile website is finicky and harder to use, especially when navigating. Any updates to the app coming soon? It seems like it's not scaling to the new iPhone screen sizes.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I love using the app, especially when I am in the park and I need the Illuminations weather forecast. The mobile website is finicky and harder to use, especially when navigating. Any updates to the app coming soon? It seems like it's not scaling to the new iPhone screen sizes.
Yes a rework is in progress.

What issues are you having with the regular site on Safari? Have you tried it since the site redesign?

The Visionary Soul

Yes, I tried it just a couple of days ago. I think I just don't find the navigation very usable on a mobile device, not really a bug, just doesn't seem like it was designed to be used on a mobile.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom