Downtown Disney Leather shop

Minnesota disney fan

Original Poster
I was wondering if anyone here has been to DTD/Disneysprings lately? My husband and I always take the boat from POR a couple of times a trip and always stop at a leather shop on the way to the main part of DTD. I hope I can be more clear, so please forgive me! It is a little tucked away open air shop in a sort of back alley, off the beaten path, way to the main part near Rainforest Café. We found it the first time while trying to get to the main part of DTD. They have many handmade leather items and we always buy a leather wallet and various leather items for my teenage grandchildren. I was wondering if it is now gone due to the changes in DTD. It was a very unique shop, with not a Disney themed item in sight. I feel sad that the unique shops that are not Disney are fading away into the past. We will be in WDW in November and will once again try to find this special place.
Thanks in advance:)

WhatJaneSays

As far as I know it's still there. I generally don't find myself in that area but it was there about 6 weeks ago with all the other little kiosks (along with a few more on the new bridge).

Minnesota disney fan

Original Poster
Yea!!!! Thanks for the responses everyone! I'm so happy it's still there. It seems like the unique independent shops are being fazed out in WDW for Disney only merchandise. Hope it stays there forever:)

Jon81uk

Yea!!!! Thanks for the responses everyone! I'm so happy it's still there. It seems like the unique independent shops are being fazed out in WDW for Disney only merchandise. Hope it stays there forever:)

It's the opposite recently. The last Disney owned shop to open was the co-op. All the others have been third-party such as Havianas, Art of Shaving, Chapel Hats etc. They aren't very unique as some brands can be found elsewhere but at least they aren't Disney merchandise.

bpiper

They have a website. www.leatherbeltworks.com
I have been getting my casual leather belts from the DTD booth for 15 years now...
They wear very well. The stains tend to fade over time due to sun exposure, but that just makes them better....

Minnesota disney fan

Original Poster
It's the opposite recently. The last Disney owned shop to open was the co-op. All the others have been third-party such as Havianas, Art of Shaving, Chapel Hats etc. They aren't very unique as some brands can be found elsewhere but at least they aren't Disney merchandise.
I guess I'm thinking mostly of the Disney parks that used to have unique non Disney merchandise items. I know that DTD does have a lot of other type stores. I'm just glad they still have the leatherworks:)

lebeau

latest

Do they have anything that says "Daddy's into leather"?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom