Busch Gardens Tampa closed Due to Flooding

NYwdwfan

My cousin lives in Tampa - she said it's been raining since mid-July. Not typical Florida rain - apocalyptic rain. Remember that sink hole that swallowed a man in his bed a few years back? Rain like this makes me fearful of something like that happening again.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Wow, I didn't realize how bad it was over there.
This meme is fairly accurate to the current situation.;)

11236469_10153118852348108_5518051659338139535_n.jpg

nepalostparks

As a Tampa resident (about 2.5 miles from Busch Gardens), I can tell you yes, it was a long stretch of overcast skies and ridiculous amounts of rain for about three weeks straight. Most of the flooding issues in Tampa proper were in South Tampa, with spotty issues elsewhere within the city. Outside of the city, there were also a number of other neighborhoods and spots within the Tampa Bay area that were under a lot of water (a few are still dealing with issues a week after most of the rain stopped).

Busch Gardens closed Monday more because of the amount of rain predicted for that day in the area plus the fact many spots in and around Tampa were dealing with street flooding. Thankfully, unlike last May (2014) when the park received 8+ inches of rain in just a few hours which caused some major flooding issues in and around Busch Gardens, there was no real damage at the park itself this time around. Just a lot of miserable rainy days, upset guests, and lost revenue.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom