How can I get groceries and alcohol for Universal's Cabana Bay Resort?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
How nice for you BUT (and my last two calls were courteous and helpful) I have had several that were very unprofessional. Sorry if you don't believe that but its obvious that Universal doesn't have the years of experience or training in this field that Disney does.

Universal does not offer airport transfer to Cabana Bay unless you have an AP. I bought the AP, however and am using their shuttle or driver or whatever it is. So no I am not renting a car. That is what my original question was.

Sorry an AP should not have a blackout date. It's an Annual Pass. I'm not uneducated because I am comparing the perks of WDW to Universal. Why are you so taken aback that I would compare them. That was my whole premise. Uni doesn't compare to WDW, whether WDW has recently slashed perks or not. WDW is still ahead in perks and service.

You guys are ridiculous actually. Obvious Uni fanboys, and yes I love WDW and will give Uni a chance and I'm sure the rides are great. However, so far they are totally lacking in customer service. And glad to see I'm NOT lying about garden grocer deliveries now am I? But you all were so SURE that I was. I have spoken to quite a few people who have gone to Uni recently and all of then have said how much the Express Pass was pushed down their throats by everyone there.

The difference between their business models is Disney's is coated in fairy dust and a pleasant customer experience where they want you to feel welcome. Universal is obviously a business that wants your money.

If Disney has 100% perfect customer service then how do you explain this review I found on TripAdvisor:

"The employee just screaming at my child for no reason .I asked for management to complain. A manager did not do anything or apologize at all he just said I will talk to his employee. I don't think it fair for my child to crying in the front of people. This is not the disneyand for my child."

Hockeyman

The difference between their business models is Disney's is coated in fairy dust and a pleasant customer experience where they want you to feel welcome. Universal is obviously a business that wants your money.

So Disney closing half the Studios and still charging people the same amount to get in is a pleasant magical fairy dust coated experience? Both are business and want your money, that is there top priority.

Sorry an AP should not have a blackout date. It's an Annual Pass. I'm not uneducated because I am comparing the perks of WDW to Universal. Why are you so taken aback that I would compare them. That was my whole premise. Uni doesn't compare to WDW, whether WDW has recently slashed perks or not. WDW is still ahead in perks and service.

I was taken aback because you were comparing perks without obviously looking at what perks Universal's passes offer. Disney does have AP's with blackout day. We can argue about service all day long, both have spectacular service as well as horror stories , yes even Disney. Just look at the Villians party for an example of horrible service. Try getting a discount on food at Disney with your AP and let me know how well that goes. I wouldn't call that ahead of Universal by any means

JoeCamel

this thread gave me an idea..as a somewhat local, i should get into the resort grocery/alcohol/ammenities delivery biz..
:)

I know someone who tried that at Universal, I think the problem is every week you have a new set of people that you need to get your name/number in front of. Not a lot of repeat business week to week.

s8film40

this thread gave me an idea..as a somewhat local, i should get into the resort grocery/alcohol/ammenities delivery biz..
:)
Probably a difficult time to get into the business. As is being discussed in this thread apparently Universal is placing restrictions on the business and also Disney is currently looking into options to restrict this as well and likely take a portion of the revenue.

danpam1024

I have actually heard a lot of discussion amongst Disney hotel management regarding potentially limiting or not allowing grocery deliveries, or possibly creating a program similar to the new/current scooter program. This would give Disney a share of the profit as it does with the scooters and would also limit their liability with groceries. I have seen many times where they have replaced groceries even when it wasn't Disney's fault.

It would seem actually Universal is a little ahead of the game, but I have no doubt that Disney will catch up.
Seems UOR is a little ahead of the game on a lot of things lately ;)

danpam1024

I just had to call UOR for a flex pay issue, and although my wait time was a tad longer than I would have liked (what would I expect- it's freaking summer), the staff was nothing less than completely courteous. Long story short- my cc that our passes were on expired 2 months ago- as did my passes without me catching it. Our passes are 5+ years old (and locked in at that old price). I was freaking out because I didn't want an increase or new contract. They honored the old price, without a new contract, and we got everything squared away within minutes. So I have a hard time with the OP's versions of her phone calls.

jjw06

So I called Garden Grocer and they said that Universal no longer permits grocery delivery services. They will honor all current scheduled deliveries but Universal will no longer permit pizza or grocery delivery. And this is why Universal is a step behind Disney. They are too worried about nickel and diming us for everything.

wait a second. this guy just said they wont allow you to ORDER A PIZZA? how is that even possible, so if i order a pizza and the guy shows up they're gunna turn him away? i find this highly unlikely

JoeCamel

wait a second. this guy just said they wont allow you to ORDER A PIZZA? how is that even possible, so if i order a pizza and the guy shows up they're gunna turn him away? i find this highly unlikely

I think the only room service they have at CBBR IS pizza so they would be protecting their turf. Pizza guy would only have access to the front parking or the curb so you would have to meet to exchange funds for 'za.

fosse76

why would you want to order pizza when Brick Oven is in CW?! It is delicious :D I really hope the OP cancels and goes to the never-wrong WDW Resort.
Not everyone likes their pizza. Plus I would rather walk down to the lobby of my hotel and pick up the pizza as opposed to going all the way over to the crowded City Walk.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom