First Timers at Bay Lake Tower

DisneyPrincess5

Original Poster
Hi all :)
DH and I have booked a birthday trip for me at Bay Lake Tower in Spring in a studio room. We have never stayed here or at the Contemporary before. What is there to know about it? What do you like about it? Tips?

We have been to WDW many times and we have stayed at the Polynesian twice so we are familiar with staying at a resort in the area. Also, we have eaten at the California Grill many times.

Thanks!

StarWarsGirl

It's a really nice resort. It's one of our home resorts. You will of course have access to all the Contemporary Resort amenities, but there are also BLT specific amenities. I'll go on the basis that you are familiar with the Contemporary and just talk about BLT specifically.

You can check in either at the main desk or inside BLT (they have their own front desk). The front desk at BLT does have limited hours, so if you're getting there late at night or another weird time, it might not be open.

Speaking of the lobby, both lobbies have this really yucky perfume smell. Many of the resorts have scents in the lobbies, but Contemporary's just smell like a perfume shop (at least the last time I was there). You may want to avoid them if possible.

You'll have access to both the main pool at the Contemporary and the pool at BLT. The BLT pool does require a MB or room key for access.

You'll also have access to community hall. There are video games and other activities there, and you can get the equipment to play at the shuffle board and bocce ball courts.

The pool at BLT is smaller than the main pool, but does feature a water slide, hot tub, and a poolside bar that serves chilled food offerings (I walk to Contempo for food as I think it's better, though) as well as daily poolside games and activities.

If you are DVC members using your points to stay there, you will have access to the Top of the World lounge. If you are not DVC members, you're out of luck. It's a great view if you are a DVC member, though.

tem325

Hi all :)
DH and I have booked a birthday trip for me at Bay Lake Tower in Spring in a studio room. We have never stayed here or at the Contemporary before. What is there to know about it? What do you like about it? Tips?

We have been to WDW many times and we have stayed at the Polynesian twice so we are familiar with staying at a resort in the area. Also, we have eaten at the California Grill many times.

Thanks!

I have stayed here twice. Its location is the best part about it!!!! The first time we stayed, it had JUST opened and we had to check in at the Contemporary Front desk and it was a little hectic because they were having a hard time pulling the BLT reservations. The second time, we entered the bottom of the BLT and they had a lobby now with two cast members with iPads checking people in...this was prior to the introduction of Magic Bands. There were no problems then. My family and I had a suite room with a bedroom and then pull out couch and chairs w/ 2 full baths. I didn't like how the bathrooms had pocket doors because they didn't shut all the way, and when I needed privacy, I didn't feel like the door was closed. Ultimately, that's a small issue. It's an amazing location and if you get a theme park view, you can see the fireworks at the MK nightly---which rocks!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom