The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

catmom46

I had a pup that did the rash thing too. She became allergic to both the grass and the shampoo on rugs.

The best thing I found to calm the skin is Neutrogena T/Gel Shampoo Original Formula. It makes your hands feel so nice too.
Need to let is sit on them for about 10 15 minutes

neutrogena-t-gel-total-anti-dandruff-shampoo___7.jpg

Thanks for the tip! :cat:

StarWarsGirl

I had a pup that did the rash thing too. She became allergic to both the grass and the shampoo on rugs.

The best thing I found to calm the skin is Neutrogena T/Gel Shampoo Original Formula. It makes your hands feel so nice too.
Need to let is sit on them for about 10 15 minutes

neutrogena-t-gel-total-anti-dandruff-shampoo___7.jpg
I find that interesting that you used that to calm your dog's rash as Neutrogena is the only brand of makeup I can use that I'm not allergic to and does not make me break out. Wonder what it is about their products

Figgy1

Premium Member
I would eat there. Just stick with salads and fruit. That's what I do as a vegetarian. But are you vegan? That might be harder. I think if you call ahead, they can arrange something for you. At least that is what they claim.
THNX it's something to think about. Not only am I vegan but also gluten free, most of my list was pretty easy to do!!!! It's the last few that are getting interesting. We decided we're getting the hoppers, so if we ever get stuck there's always a QS we can go to if needed. The one that surprised me the most was Sanaa as the do bread service that's both vegan and GF.

Figgy1

Premium Member
@ajrwdwgirl , @FutureCEO , @Wrangler-Rick , @figmentfan423 , and @catmom46 , thank you all for your input about dog food. I went out and bought 1 small bag of Nature's Recipe, grain-free formula with salmon. I'll try a little of that tonight for him, and through the week to see what happens. A vet had recommended that brand, so I'll give it a try. (It does cost about 3 times as much as my previous brand.) Something interesting: I noticed that all the dogs here are eating different brands. Again, it just comes down to their personal preference.

I was stunned to read from Wrangler Rick about how sometimes companies change certain ingredients based upon price and/or supply, but aren't necessarily forthcoming about some of these subtle adjustments. Apparently, catmom46 was also aware of this issue.

In conclusion, I suspect this may be a period of trial and error to see what works best. (We had just taken him to the vet last week for a complete physical, vaccines, etc., and the vet didn't see anything wrong at that point.)
Good luck! I hope the transition goes smoothly. This am my dog stole a corn cob out of the compost bucket after not eating dog food yesterday:hilarious: I'm thinking she's slightly more spoiled than the human children.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Thank you. That's very good advice.

One thing that bothers me is that unlike years ago, the pet stores don't seem to carry the little "sample" size (1 serving) bags of different brands. I remember with our previous dog, hubby brought home about 9 different kinds of dog food. Eight of them she sniffed, but didn't eat. The only one she liked was Pedigree!

But it sure would be helpful to pet owners if the pet stores would offer those sample packages to customers, as they did in the past. I'm sure it would save pet owners a lot of time and money.
^^^^^^^This!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'd even pay for trial sizes!

Figgy1

Premium Member
Horrid pop up storms are hitting here this afternoon. I was up North and heading home, as I was within 5 miles of home went from dry pavement to covered in branches and leaves. Guess we got golf ball sized hail High Winds. One Festival Tent aways East of us killed one when it collapsed, 3 seriously hurt and 20 transported. A dome tent by Ohare came down, Lollapalooza was evacuated. Lots of people without power. This is suppose to go on through the wee hours of the morning. Now it is 90, windy, sunny and humid.

Parts of Wisconsin has been getting these mega pop up storms too. Oy.
Sympathy like! I hope you made it though last night safe and sound! xoxo

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom