March 2016

SharpFam01

Hello all! We are planning a trip for March 5th - 12th.
I am sorry if this has been asked before but what kind of crowd level are we looking at?
Our plan was to go in December but we had to reschedule due to family issues.
Any words of wisdom for us?
I am seeing heavy crowds to lighter crowds so I figured I would just put it out there and get your advice :)
Is there usually free dining during this time also?

Thanks much!
penny

DaisyDoesDisney

While a lot can be learned from the crowd calendars from past years (comparing the same date from year to year), it really doesn't work so well with the months of March and April because Easter MOVES. This year it's on the early side and falls on March 27. Easter always sees heavy crowd levels at Disney and the weeks before it are heavy from Spring Break (which also tends to move up on the calendar in some instances when Easter comes early). I just booked a Disney trip yesterday arriving the last week in February but we depart Disney March 3rd because the crowd predictions that I've reviewed show the crowds increasing substantially on March 4th or 5th. The resort prices take a jump too, at least for the room type we wanted. I noticed the same price trend when looking ahead to airfares between my home city and Orlando. If the crowd level is important to you (or you care about lodging and airfare costs), you might want to try to schedule your trip a little earlier than you state in your post.

Upvote 0

DisneyPrincess5

WDW Preps 2016 crowd predictor shows the crowds should be light March 1-March 11, with Spring Break and Easter crowds busying it up for the rest of the month really. Looks like you're in luck if this is accurate.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom