Trip Report Completed - Mom and Maddie - In the Big Blue World - April 2015

Hi Everyone!

We recently returned from our second magical mother/daughter trip to Disney World. I hope you enjoy our trip report!
IMG_1959.JPG IMG_1903.JPG
Who:
Mom aka Lori - I am a manager for a telecommunications consulting company and I have been working there for 16 years. I am also a mom.
Maddie - 11 y/o 6th grader and wonderful daughter

When:
Sunday, April 19, 2015 - Sunday, April 26, 2015

Where:
Art of Animation - Little Mermaid

Tickets:
6 day park hopper

Here are links to my first trip report from February 2014 and my April 2015 Pre-Trip report in case you would like to check them out.
First Trip Report: http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/first-timer-not-anymore.881139/
April Pre-Trip Report: http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/once-upon-a-dream-with-mom-and-maddie.891334/#post-6368896

disneyfirstLJ

Original Poster
End of Day 8

Our next FP+ was for Test Track. I hate to admit it but I chickened out. We did not ride it. I think it was all the screaming you could hear outside the ride that made me nervous. I will do this next time!
e1.jpg

The Jamanators came out and performed. These guys are good!
e2.jpg

e3.jpg

e4.jpg

We enjoyed watching them. I needed to pick up a few souvenirs for family members so we went to my favorite store, Mousegears. Maddie noticed people with pin books trading at the outdoor pin store so we went to check it out. Maddie did her last trade of the trip with a cast member at the pin store and I did my last trade with a guest who had a pin book. I got the piglet pin I had been wanting.
At this time we had done everything we wanted and decided to leave the park. Time to go back to the resort to pack. Maddie took a rest while I packed up our things. Then I decided to rest as well. I started to get hungry for dinner so I grabbed our mugs and headed to the food court. I got the make your own pasta and I got Maddie a burger to go.
IMG_2151.JPG

IMG_2152.JPG

About an hour after we ate our dinner Maddie really wanted a Mickey bar since it would be her last one of the trip. We walked over to Pop Century to buy one. But before we got one she was looking in the shop. They had the Limited Edition Easter pin. Maddie and I thought that these were all sold old but Pop had it. I bought it for Maddie. Then we walked back over to our resort for the last time.
IMG_2153.JPG

It was time for Maddie to take a shower because we had to meet the Magical Express in the morning.
We walked 18,436 steps which is 8.38 miles.

Last edited:

disneyfirstLJ

Original Poster
Sunday, April 26, 2015 - Spring Break 2015 - Departure Day :cry:

Maddie and I woke up slowly and got ready to leave. We reflected on what a great trip we had. We went to the Landscapes of Flavor for waffles and to fill our mugs one last time. We made our way to the front of the resort with our bags. The Magical Express arrived right on time at 8:15 AM. We got to the airport, checked our bags, printed our tickets and made it through security. We got our Starbucks and waited for the flight which was scheduled to leave at 11:00 AM. We had an uneventful flight. I got our bags, called the hotel shuttle, loaded the car and then drove 3 hours home.
We had a wonderful time and we can't wait to go back!

disneyfirstLJ

Original Poster
Final Thoughts
  • Having gone to WDW in both February and April I can honestly say that Maddie and I both prefer February's weather/crowd level. Spring Break from school was still a factor even this late in April due to New England states like Massachusetts. It was also much hotter/humid and the rain was a factor this time of year as well.
  • We really enjoyed resort hopping and hope to do that again next time.
  • We only had one dining reservation this time (Beaches and Cream) and ate mostly in Epcot or at the resort. I used a gift card to pay for all our meals and snacks which I had pre-budgeted. This worked out so well for us. We spent much less then the dining plan would have cost.
  • Maddie and I got to do a lot of new things this trip but did less volume of rides then our first trip due to crowds and other factors. We finally got to see one night time show which was Illuminations. Next time I am going to plan a rest day during the middle of our trip where we just hang around the resort and then head into the park later at night for Wishes as an example. We are not night owls at all and I really want to see Wishes & Fantasmic sometime.
  • I hope they get the online check in thing worked out. I saw a good tip recommending to folks that they stop at the desk when arriving at the resort to make sure your magic band is programed to open the door of your room prior to walking there.
  • I wish the Little Mermaid rooms at AoA were included in the discounts. I understand that they fill them without them being a part of the discounts but a girl can dream! We stayed there twice but most likely will be staying at Pop Century next visit due to cost.
  • The bus transportation was pretty good this trip with the exception of our long wait time in DTD and even though we waited a long time for the Epcot bus on our last day the cast member made it fun.
  • We didn't take enough Memory Maker photos to make it worth while so next trip we are going to skip memory maker.
EPCOT_ECENTR2_7281319561.jpeg

We are unexpectedly heading back to Walt Disney World February 22 - February 29, 2016. We were not going to go in 2016 due to financial (a new roof) and personal reasons but that has changed after getting a great deal on a flight that I just couldn't resist. Maddie has already started our countdown on the chalkboard in our kitchen. I hope a good room discount or package comes out for this time frame because that will make things even better!

Thanks for reading! It was fun writing about our magical trip!

Last edited:

LisaBelle

Enjoyed your report. I'd love to visit during Flower and Garden or Food and Wine. My husband wants to go to a Star Wars weekend. Very exciting for you to have another trip to look forward to so soon. You and Maddie will be arriving on the day my sister and I depart. Have fun counting down. I'll be watching for the next report :)

disneyfirstLJ

Original Poster
Thank you so much for sharing your adventures with your sweet daughter with us!! I only have a son, but I hope to make memories like this with him when I'm older. I definitely remember the times my mom and I would enjoy the parks together while my dad and brothers did their own thing. Looking forward to reading about your last day. :)
Really happy you like my report. We had a wonderful time and made memories that will last us a lifetime!

disneyfirstLJ

Original Poster
Great report! A little tip if you're in the Yacht & Beach Club/Boardwalk areas during your next trip. If you want to head back to your room from those hotels and don't want to walk all the way through Epcot, you can save your self some walking by taking a Friendship boat to Hollywood Studios. That drops you off near the bus stop where you can just catch a bus to your resort from there. Might take a little longer, but your feet will thank you.
Thank you for reading and thanks for the tip. I didn't know you could take a boat to Hollywood Studios from there. Good to know for our next trip!

disneyfirstLJ

Original Poster
Still enjoying your TR with all the great pics. Sorry Maddy wasn't feeling well but sounds as if she got the rest, water and ac that she needed.
Glad to see that you are still reading along. Yes, it was too bad Maddie didn't feel well but she really knows just how much she can take. When she tells you she needs to rest, she really does. And she bounced right back the next day.

disneyfirstLJ

Original Poster
Such a great trip! Enjoyed it all :) That Japanese candy spread looks AMAZING! I also loved all the photos of the Flower and Garden Festival that you posted.
Glad you enjoyed the report! The Japanese candy was very interesting. Maddie loved the grape cotton candy with the pop rocks, the strawberry/chocolate lollypops, the caramel corn and the peach gummies. I liked the green tea kit kat, the almond pocky, the potato sticks and the peach gummies. It was fun to try it all. The Flower and Garden Festival was a lot of fun.

disneyfirstLJ

Original Poster
Enjoyed your report. I'd love to visit during Flower and Garden or Food and Wine. My husband wants to go to a Star Wars weekend. Very exciting for you to have another trip to look forward to so soon. You and Maddie will be arriving on the day my sister and I depart. Have fun counting down. I'll be watching for the next report :)
I am so glad you enjoyed the report. The Flower and Garden Festival was great! I would love to go for Food and Wine sometime as well. Have a great trip and run!

disneypearl

What a great trip! I loved the photos of the Flower and Garden Festival. I've been there a couple of times during the Festival and it's so beautiful! You both know how to enjoy Disney! Thanks for sharing!

Oh, and yahoo for February! :)

FlaggNL

It took some time for me to get back at WDW Magic :) Busy times here just before holidays :) Thanks for sharing your trip! It was great to read and watch the pictures!! In a couple of weeks you can read mine :)

disneyfirstLJ

Original Poster
What a great trip! I loved the photos of the Flower and Garden Festival. I've been there a couple of times during the Festival and it's so beautiful! You both know how to enjoy Disney! Thanks for sharing!

Oh, and yahoo for February! :)
We sure did have a great trip! Thanks for reading. I loved the Flower and Garden Festival. We can't wait for February!

disneyfirstLJ

Original Poster
It took some time for me to get back at WDW Magic :) Busy times here just before holidays :) Thanks for sharing your trip! It was great to read and watch the pictures!! In a couple of weeks you can read mine :)
Thanks for reading. It was fun to share. Looking forward to your report. Have a great time!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom