Work going on at Imagination? Can anyone verify?

punkabella

Do you know how long this has been occurring?
I have pictures at home of both Belle and Tiana there at the same time. Interesting that this is a training location (they were great, btw!).

In regards to the middle screen not working, It was working in Nov. 2014 but not working when I went in March 2015. I never get to go often but this "year" has been an anomaly for me and it's interesting to see what things get fixed and broken between visits. I'm going again on Thursday and will get to tally these things up again.

Jamie2016

Question: if they ever bring Dreamfinder back, do you think Ron Schneider and Chuck McCann do his voice again? Or just one of them? What about Figment? Would they get Dave Goelz back to do his voice? If not, I think Tom Kenny might be able to pull it off.
I think that if they put Dreamfinder back into the Imagination ride they will opt for a younger Dreamfinder and a younger voice because the character is younger in the comics now. If they did recast Figment, I'd like to see someone come in who could recreate the voice that Billy Barty gave Figment...much more charming than Dave Goelz in my opinion, not to impugn his voice...but I just like Billy Barty much better.

Cmdr_Crimson

After seeing Inside Out, it made me think that it would be good inspiration for an Imagination Pavilion overlay.
The movie teaches us about feelings and emotions and it *explores* HOW we feel. So, from that perspective, it fits with EPCOTs intent and mission, no?
Would be better in wonders of life...
Agreed. As long as it was tastefully done. I'd start with an extreme power wash of the exterior.

Here was my concept of what they could do to overlay it for Cranium Command..
Inside%20out%20concept%20idea_zpslmuytrkp.jpg

PhotoDave219

Do you know how long this has been occurring?

No, you're not too much of a purist. These characters are not allowed in FW. Period. It was set up that way for a reason. Someone has forgotten, but that can be fixed.

Years. They've used it as an unannounced training location off-and-on for at least 5 years

PhotoDave219

I agree with you that entertainment shouldn't be pulling princesses into FW.

However.....

Its simply every once in awhile and happens randomly in a location one is not expected to find these people.

Yes, it breaks the theme.... alas all the training sets are in places you wouldn't expect to find them. Otherwise they'd get mobbed. Its one of four locations at Epcot that I know training goes on at and is the only one in FW.

I see the World Showplace and IG utilized much more often.

Cmdr_Crimson

However.....

Its simply every once in awhile and happens randomly in a location one is not expected to find these people.

Yes, it breaks the theme.... alas all the training sets are in places you wouldn't expect to find them. Otherwise they'd get mobbed. Its one of four locations at Epcot that I know training goes on at and is the only one in FW.

Wasn't the former Characters on Holiday also used for Training?

articos

However.....

Characters not specific to a pavilion or Epcot-themed should not be in FW, except in the entry plaza. Period. Training or not, it's not good. Imagination has its own specific characters and story, as truncated and screwed up as it is. Those characters can be there. NOT Princesses. They just have plenty of other places to train. They don't need to be in FW. Bigger issue is this started because someone who was ignorant of the rule and it stuck, and now no one knows any better. That needs to be corrected. They can train in WS as much as they want.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom