The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Figgy1

Premium Member
I hope they fix the food at the Studios. They just can't seem to get past blah to icky in too many venues. We generally eat at Starring Rolls which the sandiches would fill your growing boys or Prime Time that also have mega servings for growing boys for an TS choice. Most times we avoid eating at the Studios all together. I really hate the food court by Rock'n and so not a fan of Pizza Planet, like the concept but the frozen pizza they purchase from the Chicago vendor, well it is just that, low budget frozen pizza.
Starring Rolls would be great but not much as far as gluten free goes. I also worry about 50's with my ds who is autistic some things he just doesn't get. Hopping is looking better and better.:hilarious:

Figgy1

Premium Member
Morning Y'all
Hope you have a pleasant Sunday and the weather is good for you
Catch up later during the Pocono race :cool:
Morning @MR FERRET. Funny you mention that race because I was going to go out to the outlet mall off 80 not far from there today. Both my little guy and dh need sneakers. Oh well I'm not going anywhere near 80 in PA today! The traffic is insane on race weekend. My sister lived out that way and got trapped in her house the whole weekend. No thank you. Sneakers can wait a week!

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Good morning @MinnieM123 I hope you're enjoying the briskness this am

I plan to! Good morning, Figgy!!! :)

Just spent close to an hour looking online at different dog food brands and formulations. Always fed Pedigree to my dogs over the years, but they put out an "improved" :rolleyes: formula and my dog doesn't seem to like it. (Physically, it's not seeming to agree with him; it's not him just being picky.)

I was thinking I might try one of the limited grain formulations (a few of the higher end, more expensive brands (sold in pet stores) offer those; although much to my surprise, both Petsmart and Petco carry Purina's special line of Pro Plan options). Limited grain food seems to be easier to digest. I'll try a smaller bag of whatever, and maybe mix some of the new dog food with the old to begin with, and then increase it to see what happens). If he picks the new stuff out of the old, then I'll know he likes it.

Never realized how many brands and formulations of dog food there are out there now. It's a bit overwhelming. And if you pay attention to the reviews, all have both good and bad reviews. Basically, it's just a carp shoot whatever works for your particular dog.

@donaldtoo , @catmom46 , and @FutureCEO , and @Gabe1 , what are you all feeding your dogs? Just curious.

Last edited:

Figgy1

Premium Member

Just spent close to an hour looking online at different dog food brands and formulations. Always fed Pedigree to my dogs over the years, but they put out an "improved" :rolleyes: formula and my dog doesn't seem to like it. (Physically, it's not seeming to agree with him; it's not him just being picky.)

I was thinking I might try one of the limited grain formulations (a few of the higher end, more expensive brands (sold in pet stores) offer those; although much to my surprise, both Petsmart and Petco carry Purina's special line of Pro Plan options). Limited grain food seems to be easier to digest. I'll try a smaller bag of whatever, and maybe mix some of the new dog food with the old to begin with, and then increase it to see what happens). If he picks the new stuff out of the old, then I'll know he likes it.

Never realized how many brands and formulations of dog food there are out there now. It's a bit overwhelming. And if you pay attention to the reviews, all have both good and bad reviews. Basically, it's just a carp shoot whatever works for your particular dog.

@donaldtoo , @catmom46 , and @FutureCEO , what are you all feeding your dogs? Just curious.
I just got a really good giggle as my dog likes the cheap stuff. LOL Kibbles and bits not chunks (YUCK or so she says) and gravy train. I've tried to feed her the "good stuff" She doesn't like any of them. I've tried so many different foods over the years and those are the only 2 she'll eat. At her age she's not changing anytime soon

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I love that place. It's our usual EPCOT QS breakfast.

Never had breakfast at Sunshine Seasons, but I always go there for lunch or dinner, anytime I'm at Epcot. :hungry: I think breakfast would be very nice and probably a lot less hectic. But since I get up early, I just grab something quick like a muffin at my hotel, and then I'm off and running when the parks open! By the time 11 AM rolls around, I'm starving for lunch already! :happy:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I just got a really good giggle as my dog likes the cheap stuff. LOL Kibbles and bits not chunks (YUCK or so she says) and gravy train. I've tried to feed her the "good stuff" She doesn't like any of them. I've tried so many different foods over the years and those are the only 2 she'll eat. At her age she's not changing anytime soon

Thank you. That's also helpful to know. (Again, whatever works for your dog is all that matters--it has nothing to do with price, etc.) I liked how Pedigree had mini-chunks, as a lot of dogs (including yours) prefer that; and frankly, I've been buying Pedigree now for close to 20 years. I think I'm in crisis mode at the moment, at the thought of buying any other dog food brand! :jawdrop:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
scarecrows.jpg

:hilarious:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
New windows 10 issue: Had to reinstall the driver software for the Wifi adapter. Welp, this stuff was bound to happen. Hopefully this works, though.

Also, today I noticed that there is an option to go back to your previous OS for a month after you install Windows 10 if you don't like it.

Wow, it's like they're holding your computer hostage? :eek:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
In other news...my grandmother gave me a ser of china for when I move out (family heirloom; she said no way was it going to my cousins. Anyway..) We opened the box and found this:
View attachment 104059
My dad thinks it's from their first WDW trip, circa 1972.

OMG. That could be a rare collector's piece at this point in time. Hang on to that!!!

Last edited:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
It's below 60! I need to run away from home! I'm sitting here wrapped up in a heavy quilt! BRRRRRRRRRR

Sorry. :)cautious: :D)

Edit: The emoticons changed up the first one--I had the cautious emoticon but somehow it came out with the smiley face. This has happened a few times before, that I'll pick an emoticon, and it changes when I hit the post?? o_O

Last edited:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Starring Rolls would be great but not much as far as gluten free goes. I also worry about 50's with my ds who is autistic some things he just doesn't get. Hopping is looking better and better.:hilarious:

i always get hoppers. But that's because I'm fickle! I never know what park I want to play in. I've even left a park after an hour and gone to another for 1/2 day, and then ended up someplace else after that! :D

FutureCEO

@donaldtoo , @catmom46 , and @FutureCEO , and @Gabe1 , what are you all feeding your dogs? Just curious.

Pinnacle holistic pet nutrition duck and potato

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
@MinnieM123 it is overwhelming trying to pick out food for the dog. Mine used to eat beneful and loved it then I heard there were a lot of dogs getting sick from it. So we switched and we have tried a lot of brands but she doesn't like any of it. She even stopped eating for at least two whole days. So I decided to put some beneful back in her bowl and she gobbled it up. I don't know what I will do when she is done with this bag, keep her on it or try something else. Good luck with your food search. Let us know what you decide on as I might want to try that one too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom