Character breakfast comparison

Disney_crazy

Original Poster
Hi all,

It's been 9 years since my last visit to WDW I am am coming back in November for our disneymoon.

I would love to have a character breakfast during our stay and have booked Tusker house in AK. Can anyone advise on if this is a good choice?
The alternative is Cape May, I haven't ate at either so any thoughts are appreciated.

Thanks

CAPTAIN HOOK

Can anyone advise on if this is a good choice?
There is certainly nothing wrong with Tusker House - we're eating there on our trip later this month. We have never eaten at Cape May, so I'll be interested to read what others say about it.
Our favourite is Crystal Palace, we eat breakfast there at least once every trip, closely followed by 1900 Park Fare.

karl75

We love Tusker house. The variety of food on offer is good and the character interaction has never faltered in all the times we have visited.

Flyersgirl17

Our last trip we did Crystal Palace, O'hana, Chef Mickey, and Tusker House. We loved all of them. My oldest who is the pickiest eater on the planet loved Tusker House the most. A good variety of food. He especially loved the fruit and bagel variety.

sophie_the_pooh

Congratulations for the wedding! Tusker House is great, but I prefer Crystal Palace because of the Pooh characters and the MK location. Keep checking for an available ADR multiple times a day, you might get lucky, especially closer to your trip. Good luck!

Disney_crazy

Original Poster
That's good to hear! I am so excited, we still have another 13 weeks til we go.
Our breakfast is booked for 8.20 so figured we could stay in AK straight after.

I will definitely look up disney dining buddy!

Tinkerkelle

We really like TH. Last time we did an 11am slot for "brunch" so got to have breakfast dishes as well as the lunch stuff they were putting out-delish!! This time we have 8am reservation so get into a (near) empty park!! :) The characters meet in safari outfits, Donald greets you as you enter for photos and minnie, mickey, goofy and daisy come round the tables. There's also a musical procession at regular intervals where kids can join in with instruments they hand out. All great fun and good food too.

Disney_crazy

Original Poster
Our last trip we did Crystal Palace, O'hana, Chef Mickey, and Tusker House. We loved all of them. My oldest who is the pickiest eater on the planet loved Tusker House the most. A good variety of food. He especially loved the fruit and bagel variety.

Hi flyersgirl17, I have a peanut and tree nut allergy so I have to be careful and am a bit picky but mainly because I have to be. Although disney have always been pretty great with allergies

Flyersgirl17

Hi flyersgirl17, I have a peanut and tree nut allergy so I have to be careful and am a bit picky but mainly because I have to be. Although disney have always been pretty great with allergies
My youngest is a Type 1 diabetic so i totally understand where you are coming from. They were really good about the sugars/carb information and there was always a sugar free option where we went. I know you'll be A-OK!!

michaelnyc

as adults 1900 park faire dinner with the tremaines at the grand floridian is our favorite,the sisters yell scream dance sing, you will have the greatest time and tell the redhead she looks like kathy griffin, see what happens

Po'Rich

I love Tusker House. It has a great breakfast, wonderful theme, and great character interaction. Last time I was there, I met Donald, Daisy, Mickey, Minnie and Goofy. If you'd rather meet other characters, then check out Crystal Palace or 1900 Park Avenue. Crystal Palace has Pooh characters, while 1900 has Wonderland characters.

HouCuseChickie

I think you'll be just fine with any of the character meals (or pretty much any Disney meal for that matter). Our older daughter is also peanut and tree nut allergic and the chefs have always been so great with her. We've done all of the character breakfasts and while 1900 and Crystal Palace are our faves, we did enjoy Cape May. We didn't have the greatest experience at Tusker (a combination of issues), but I'd like to think it was just a bad morning. Still, if you want a different meal...stalk the website. People drop things all the time...especially last minute.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom