Theme Song?

TaleAsOldAsTimeBB

So every time my parents planned our annual Walt Disney World trip, they picked a theme song. They would load it into the CD player and blast it through the house about 3:30am the morning of our trip. It always got me so excited to be at Disney. My favorite year was "Fly away" Lenny Kravitz.

Does anyone else do this or were my parents just crazy?! Because I feel like doing this the morning of my vacation with my husband.

:)

LdyApxr

So every time my parents planned our annual Walt Disney World trip, they picked a theme song. They would load it into the CD player and blast it through the house about 3:30am the morning of our trip. It always got me so excited to be at Disney. My favorite year was "Fly away" Lenny Kravitz.

Does anyone else do this or were my parents just crazy?! Because I feel like doing this the morning of my vacation with my husband.

:)
You're parents were just crazy but in the best way!! We don't have a theme song for our first trip(next May) but this has given me the idea so thank you!

Might have to go with something like World Turning by Fleetwood Mac(we've seen them twice in the last two years!) or All Fired Up by Pat Benatar. Maybe wring out some Pink Floyd Momentary Lapse of Reason or jumping into the way back machine here and doing some Oliver Good Morning Starshine... yeah my kids are old souls and we are all over the map musically. LOL

Last edited:
Upvote 0

TaleAsOldAsTimeBB

Original Poster
You're parents were just crazy but in the best way!! We don't have a theme song for our first trip(next May) but this has given me the idea so thank you!

Might have to go with something like World Turning by Fleetwood Mac(we've seen them twice in the last two years!) or All Fired Up by Pat Benatar. Maybe wring out some Pink Floyd Momentary Lapse of Reason or jumping into the way back machine here and doing some Oliver Good Morning Starshine... yeah my kids are old souls and we are all over the map musically. LOL

I love theses ideas for songs! I tell you it made it so exciting to wake up and it motivated everyone to get to the airport :)

Upvote 0

Kate Alan

If your family is crazy, ours is too! We didn't have songs but we had albums that were essentially trip theme albums. We had yearly trips to the Outer Banks, for example, and would always play Abbey Road, Rita Coolidge, and Moulin Rouge. I associate Tarzan's soundtrack more strongly with Palm Springs than I do Disney World because of this.

Our trips to Hawaii oddly enough had the Rocky Horror Picture Show as our theme album, lol. Nothing like a family sing-a-long to that while passing waterfalls and volcanoes.

For our drives to Orlando we tended to use Disney soundtracks. The Lion King soundtrack was a big one for us, as were the soundtracks for Beauty & the Beast and Pocahontas. When I travel to Disney now I make a point to blast "Be Prepared" before getting to the airport, and have a Disney song playlist for the plane ride.

Upvote 0

LdyApxr

If your family is crazy, ours is too! We didn't have songs but we had albums that were essentially trip theme albums. We had yearly trips to the Outer Banks, for example, and would always play Abbey Road, Rita Coolidge, and Moulin Rouge. I associate Tarzan's soundtrack more strongly with Palm Springs than I do Disney World because of this.

Our trips to Hawaii oddly enough had the Rocky Horror Picture Show as our theme album, lol. Nothing like a family sing-a-long to that while passing waterfalls and volcanoes.

For our drives to Orlando we tended to use Disney soundtracks. The Lion King soundtrack was a big one for us, as were the soundtracks for Beauty & the Beast and Pocahontas. When I travel to Disney now I make a point to blast "Be Prepared" before getting to the airport, and have a Disney song playlist for the plane ride.
I am on board with all of those! Especially Rocky Horror! Our favorite saying in this house is "The sun will come out tomorrow...." to which someone always chimes in "OVER AT THE FRANKENSTEIN PLACE" LOL Yeah, we're weird.

Upvote 0

LdyApxr

Lol you'd fit right in with us @LdyApxr ! :D
LOL! Great minds! I love my boys because they are so eclectic in their musical tastes that we have had entire conversations using only song titles! Before the Eagles concert in 2014(the first one) we had an entire conversation using nothing but song titles of the Eagles. My husband, God bless him, is not as quick with songs or movie quotes(another big thing here) and usually just sits back and listens. LOL

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom