Sorry I'm so annoying but I need some help again please

mergatroid

Original Poster
Ok so we already have our magic bands from last year when our AP's expired. I've purchased two AP's for when we come in October which will be collected from guest relations in card form when we arrive as they won't post them out to us in England. I've been given a single booking reference number which I've linked to both our AP's on MDE which means we can book FP+'s 30 days before we travel, so far so good.

Now my question is this. When we arrive on 8th October at Disney Studios guest relations and pick up our plastic card AP's, will we need to link them to our magic bands through MDE in order to use our magic bands with our reserved FP+'s and to gain entrance? Right now our bands are both linked to a single booking reference number, will we need to swap this for the numbers on the back of the two AP's? Also if so can we do this on a tablet outside the park or will we have to go into the park using the plastic cards and find a kiosk to do the linking?

Hope this makes sense.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
If your magic bands and APs are both on your DME then you're good to go.

The old MBs will work until their internal batteries die. Even then they'll work for everything except long-range detection (right now just on-ride photos).

arko

Your bands are simply linked to your MDE account, if you log in you will see a section for magicbands and cards, and any magic band that has ever been linked to your account via either a reservation, AP, or purchase will stay linked forever. You link your AP to your MDE account and thus the MB's will now work for your AP's as will the cards

mergatroid

Original Poster
Rang Disney from here in the UK yesterday and they couldn't really answer this next query.

We've paid for 2 new Premium Annual passes which start on 8th October when we first pass through the gates. We have magic bands from last year but would like 2 new magic bands as they have some nice new designs. We're entitled to these 2 'new bands' as we've just shelled out $1,400 for our AP's and the lady on the phone confirmed this. She said they couldn't be shipped to the UK (which we knew) but seemed very confused as to how we can get them. I asked if they could be ordered and sent to a point in Disney World such as a specific guest relations but she thought not. She put me on hold and then came back sounding very unsure and said "Just go into a magic band shop in any of the theme parks and speak to them and let them sort it"

Is this right? Can we just rock up to a magic band shop and collect our new bands, seems very odd to me as how would they know we'd not already got them and just wanted more? Any advice would be much appreciated, thanks :)

JourneysEnd

I'm thinking you're going to end up in Guest Services before this is over. At least you should be able to link the old bands while you get things figured out. Are you staying on property? They should be able to send to hotel.

mergatroid

Original Poster
I'm thinking you're going to end up in Guest Services before this is over. At least you should be able to link the old bands while you get things figured out. Are you staying on property? They should be able to send to hotel.

No we're not staying on property as we have a place near Haines City (did think about having them posted there but was worried they may arrive before we did and get returned as undelivered). We've been told we have to collect our AP plastic passes from Will Call on our first day which we plan on doing at Disney Studios. Was hoping our new magic bands could be delivered there to keep it simple but the lady said they couldn't do that but sounded very unconvincing when advising us to just pop into the magic band shop there and tell them to give us a couple.

JourneysEnd

No we're not staying on property as we have a place near Haines City (did think about having them posted there but was worried they may arrive before we did and get returned as undelivered). We've been told we have to collect our AP plastic passes from Will Call on our first day which we plan on doing at Disney Studios. Was hoping our new magic bands could be delivered there to keep it simple but the lady said they couldn't do that but sounded very unconvincing when advising us to just pop into the magic band shop there and tell them to give us a couple.
I don't see how a shop is going to just let you have them, but who knows?! I thought I read somewhere the shops did have a way for you to activate them though. Anybody know the answer to that one? If you're like me, you'll worry yourself to death and then find it's "no big deal" when you get there. LOL Good luck!

mergatroid

Original Poster
I don't see how a shop is going to just let you have them, but who knows?! I thought I read somewhere the shops did have a way for you to activate them though. Anybody know the answer to that one? If you're like me, you'll worry yourself to death and then find it's "no big deal" when you get there. LOL Good luck!

I think we're very alike :)

It's all really confusing to be honest. We still have our magic bands which had our last AP's linked to which expired last year. On our MDE account we input our new AP ref number we were given and have been allowed to book our FP's 30 days in advance which we've done. On MDE our magic bands from last year are showing as 'active' though I don't think that the FP+'s we've booked and our new AP's are linked to these bands as we've not collected them from will call yet?

Thanks for wishing us well anyway ;)

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Any time I've had AP Magic Bands [I'm in Canada, they won't ship them here either] I've picked them up when checking in at a resort. I have never heard of any other way to receive them for foreigners. One visit, between my son and I we got five Magic Bands at once, the resort visit bands, one AP band for him and two (?) AP bands for me. The CM behind the counter asked me if I wanted her to check around in back to see if there might be more... :rolleyes:

Best I can suggest is link the vouchers to your MDE account if they aren't already and personalize them. If it lets you do that, it should tell you where you can retrieve them. My MDE account currently shows three AP Magic Bands and says "Pick up your customized MagicBand order at your Resort Front Desk." for each. Since I currently have a resort reservation in December, that may be automatic. I don't know what it would say if I didn't have that reservation.

Last edited:

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I think we're very alike :)

It's all really confusing to be honest. We still have our magic bands which had our last AP's linked to which expired last year. On our MDE account we input our new AP ref number we were given and have been allowed to book our FP's 30 days in advance which we've done. On MDE our magic bands from last year are showing as 'active' though I don't think that the FP+'s we've booked and our new AP's are linked to these bands as we've not collected them from will call yet?

Thanks for wishing us well anyway ;)
If you've already purchased the PAPs, you should see them in the MDE account. If not, you should have a confirmation number for the purchase or the actual exchange vouchers with which you can link the new tickets to your MDE accounts. The FP+ and the new PAPs would then work seamlessly with your old, still active MBs. The old MBs will work for around 2 years for everything and after the internal battery dies they'll still work for contact RFID use [park admissions, FP+, point of sale purchases and on-ride photos if there's a touch-point at the end of the ride]. The batteries connect at distances to get you the on-ride videos for ToT and SDMT and any "on-ride interactions" in the future [characters using your name, name on screens etc, none of which is being done yet].

mergatroid

Original Poster
If you've already purchased the PAPs, you should see them in the MDE account. If not, you should have a confirmation number for the purchase or the actual exchange vouchers with which you can link the new tickets to your MDE accounts. The FP+ and the new PAPs would then work seamlessly with your old, still active MBs. The old MBs will work for around 2 years for everything and after the internal battery dies they'll still work for contact RFID use [park admissions, FP+, point of sale purchases and on-ride photos if there's a touch-point at the end of the ride]. The batteries connect at distances to get you the on-ride videos for ToT and SDMT and any "on-ride interactions" in the future [characters using your name, name on screens etc, none of which is being done yet].

Thanks for all that. I did input my PAP reference code into MDE and connected it to both our accounts. I found it a bit odd at the time as it was one reference number for two different people but I'm certain I assigned it to both of us.

On MDE under 'My tickets and reservations' when I look under 'my tickets' it has a Disney Annual Pass assigned to us both with the expiry date of December 31st 2030. I'm sure this is the new PAP as before I input the reference there was nothing showing under 'my tickets'. once my last PAP had expired last year. I imagine the expiry date of 2030 somehow signifies that the countdown hasn't began yet as I was told that will happen on our first visit through the turnstyles at Disneys. If it stays 2030 after using it for the first time you can be sure I won't be querying it with Disney :)

Now here's the confusing part. When I go on MDE under 'My Account' and then under 'My magic bands and cards', it shows our two magic bands and under both an AP card symbol. Now the card symbol has the corresponding number to our expired PAPS on it (I've still the expired cards and have just checked their numbers). However both bands and cards are displayed as being 'ACTIVE' even though those card numbers have expired last year?

I'm wondering whether the reference number for our new PAPs I entered as proof of purchase has just transferred to our expired PAPs and in fact we can just use our old bands and cards right away without the need to even collect our new PAPs from will call? If this was the case however surely Disney would have told us?

Hope this makes sense as it's all very confusing :eek:

HolleBolleGijs

Now here's the confusing part. When I go on MDE under 'My Account' and then under 'My magic bands and cards', it shows our two magic bands and under both an AP card symbol. Now the card symbol has the corresponding number to our expired PAPS on it (I've still the expired cards and have just checked their numbers). However both bands and cards are displayed as being 'ACTIVE' even though those card numbers have expired last year?

Your old APs may have expired, but the ticket media should still work, assuming you have valid park entry linked to your account. Just like you can use MBs from old trips, any ticket media linked to your account will work!

mergatroid

Original Poster
Your old APs may have expired, but the ticket media should still work, assuming you have valid park entry linked to your account. Just like you can use MBs from old trips, any ticket media linked to your account will work!

That will be brilliant if it's the case!!!! We've definitely valid park entry linked to our account as I did that a few months back after purchasing them by entering the reference number I was given over the phone. Thanks for replying :cool:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom