World Show Place anybody ever been?

Boardwalker

Original Poster
Its in between UK and Canada in the WS. I've personally never been but apparently it was built in 1999 (correct me if I'm wrong)? Anyway, they hold some events there just wondering if anybody has been inside. How big is it, etc....?

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Its in between UK and Canada in the WS. I've personally never been but apparently it was built in 1999 (correct me if I'm wrong)? Anyway, they hold some events there just wondering if anybody has been inside. How big is it, etc....?
It's large; they hold special events in there during (at least) F&W. There was a troupe from Cirque performing in there, along with food/drink stations and seating for hundreds.

Haymarket2008

I went when it was the Millennium Village during the 1999-2000 celebration. I remember it being pretty awesome. Basically a huge convention space with tons of international food booths and some performances/media presentations. It was pretty well done, from what I remember.

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
DVC Very Merry Mixer is held there.

Touring Plans photo of it.

merry-member-mixer.jpg

KaliSplash

Millenum Village. Very good. Enjoyed thoroughly. Especially Israel, Brazil, Scotland, Saudi Arabia, and amazingly, Chile, which had very little there other than a huge "billboard" with posters" and 2 very delightful young women we talked with for a half hour or more.

NiarrNDisney

It's quite large! I too was able to check it out when it had the Millennium Village and Swedens attraction was these very large "eggs" that represented the seasons. These "eggs" we so big that you could walk through them and if I am not mistaken one had two floors so hopefully you can get a little idea of just how big the complex is from that description.

nelsonj3

It is very large, and very cool inside. Of course, they have taken out the stuff that was in there during the Millennium Celebration, but it's still used for many special events. The last time I was in there was during Epcot's 30th Anniversary. I got to watch Marty Sklar give a talk about the history of Epcot. It was really cool. I didn't record his speech, but I did do a quick video overview of what the place looked like during the preshow before his speech. Here's a quick video:

Bairstow

I can vaguely remember going there one night for a brief after-hours event as a passholder when I was a teenager, but I can't for the life of me remember what any of the countries' mini-pavilions were like.

I did get a neat little pin as I exited, though.

ItlngrlBella

I was only there when it was Milennium Village - it was decent.

I'm embarrassed to admit - my girlfriends and I visited during spring break in college that year and we (cringe), "drank around the world." Perhaps that's why I don't remember many details?

Well, actually all I remember was a movie about Israel and I think we walked through a rainforest.

It was basically a mini-world showcase that felt like a very elaborate tourism expo.

Last edited:

graphite1326

I went when it was the Millennium Village during the 1999-2000 celebration. I remember it being pretty awesome. Basically a huge convention space with tons of international food booths and some performances/media presentations. It was pretty well done, from what I remember.
Yes I was there at that time also.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
I was in it when it was the Center of the Millennium celebration. And again for a (not-so) special New Year's Eve dinner. The place is massive. Nicest bathrooms in World Showcase, for what it's worth.

JoeRohdesEarring

They used it for bag pickup and changing areas just after the finish line for the Wine & Dine Half Marathon a few years ago. This was when the finish line was next to the International Gateway though. They have since changed it so that we finish in front of Epcot in the parking lot, though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom