Trip Report Completed: 24 Disney Hours! May 2015 Trip Report

Hi Everyone!
I've read so many trip reports here which has inspired me to write my own after many trips.
Hope y'all will follow along!

Who:
My sister, Alyssa (25), and me, Sam (27)
Here we are last December...our first visit to see the Osbourne Lights
DSC00883.JPG

When:
May 21-May 27th
We were originally planning just to go Thursday the 21st - Monday, but airfare was crazy for Memorial Day, so we were able to add two more days to the vacation and still come out ahead!

Where:
Port Orleans French Quarter

On our last trip in December 2014, we were both sad as we were on our final day, not knowing when we’d return. Then it hit me; we have to do the 24-hour day if it was happening in 2015! We had always wanted to do it but hadn't been able to make it happen, but this year – it was set, if it were to happen, we’d be there!

Imagine my excitement when I get a call from work saying I’d be traveling to Boston to co-produce Disney’s announcement of the COOLEST SUMMER EVER, kicking off with the Magic Kingdom staying open for 24 hours on May 22nd! (I'm a meteorologist/producer for Good Morning America and Disney was announcing the Coolest Summer Ever on our show! I'm also the Disney go-to person for the show, and love to take full advantage of all of the benefits working for The Walt Disney Company:happy:)

I immediately called my sister BEYOND excited that we FOR SURE have a trip to plan!!

In Boston for the announcement with OLAF!
IMG_0835.JPG

So here we are, May 21st, Disney bound!!

Alyssa was able to get crazy cheap airfare out of Philly, so she left from there, meanwhile I work in NYC and grabbed a great deal out of LaGuardia. Luckily our flights both left at the same time, and we met in MCO!

Magicbands+Disney Alex & Ani ready!
IMG_2097 1.JPG

IMG_2099.JPG

We headed to DME and unfortunately had to wait FOREVER! But we eventually made it! By this point it was around 8:30, we both had long days (I start work at 4am) and had to be up early for the kickoff to the 24 hour day…but we couldn’t just go to bed, we were in DISNEY WORLD! SO off to Magic Kingdom we went:)

SO HAPPY TO BE IN FLORIDA, PALM TREES!
IMG_2110 1.JPG

Alyssa recreating a picture from last trip when we weren’t paying attention and got off the bus at FQ instead of Riverside hah!
IMG_2113 1.JPG

I had booked FP+ in advance, in case we decided we wanted to go Thursday night, so we got there in time for the Wishes FP. I really liked the FP area, we could see great, and it didn’t feel that crowded.
IMG_2125 1.JPG

Wishes is my favorite thing in the world, I could watch it every single night and get goosebumps.

IMG_2170 1.JPG

After Wishes, we made our way to Princess Fairytale Hall for our FP with Rapunzel and Cinderella. Cinderella will always be my all time favorite, but I love Rapunzel SO much. She is always so fun!
IMG_2174 1.JPG

Rapunzel commented on our ears- she said she wants to make ears for Pascal! But since he is smaller than her foot, they would have to be really tiny! And has to change colors just like him :D

Cinderella was scared of Alyssa’s Maleficent ears ha
IMG_2180 1.JPG

It was getting late, and we had an early morning and long day ahead, so decided to head back, unpack and get to bed.

samantha788

Original Poster
Our first FP at MK was to meet Anna and Elsa :)

Alyssa's birthday was just before the trip, so we decided to pick one day to celebrate during the vacation - that ended up being today for our last day & hoop de doo!

Elsa wished Alyssa a happy birthday and asked if she'd be eating chocolate cake, plus to look out for Olaf so he doesn't take a bit :)
24 hours-1228.jpg
24 hours-1229.jpg

Anna said Alyssa needs 25 chocolate cakes for her 25th birthday :) She also said to make sure if Olaf take a bite to not let him put it back haha
24 hours-1230.jpg

On our walk to Fronteirland, Dream Along with Mickey was going on. Since Alyssa didn't follow through on her promise to let me watch it again, we stopped here for a little bit.
24 hours-1231.jpg
24 hours-1232.jpg
24 hours-1233.jpg
24 hours-1234.jpg
24 hours-1235.jpg

IMG_2606 1.JPG

samantha788

Original Poster
Alyssa got so many birthday wishes during the parade from everyone! Merida, Prince Phillip, Lost Boys, Dancers, Fairies! That was cool :)
24 hours-1253.jpg
24 hours-1254.jpg

this is what it looks like when Goofy sticks his face in your camera :)
24 hours-1255.jpg
24 hours-1256.jpg
24 hours-1257.jpg

Few more FOF we caught on our way out of the park for dinner!
24 hours-1258.jpg
24 hours-1259.jpg

samantha788

Original Poster
We hopped on the boat from MK and headed over to the Hoop Dee Doo!
24 hours-1261.jpg

WE LOVE HOOP DEE DOO!
We have so many fun memories from going here with our parents and grandparents when we were little, and on recent family vacations too. On any given night - we'll text each other with an old picture from hoop dee doo saying that's what we want for dinner :)
It really is so much fun, and so funny! For as many times as we've seen it, we end up laughing hysterically each time.
It's turned into a must do for us - and we definitely recommend it to anyone!
The food is delicious...plus unlimited beer, wine and sangria ;)

24 hours-1262.jpg
24 hours-1263.jpg
24 hours-1264.jpg
24 hours-1265.jpg
24 hours-1266.jpg
24 hours-1267.jpg
24 hours-1268.jpg
24 hours-1269.jpg

After hoop dee doo we were stuffed! We took the boat back to MK, then hopped on a bus back to POFQ to freshen up for the rest of our last night.
24 hours-1271.jpg

samantha788

Original Poster
After a quick break at the resort, we headed back to MK :)

Daisy and Minnie are so cute :)
24 hours-1272.jpg
24 hours-1274.jpg

24 hours-1275.jpg

24 hours-1276.jpg

Then one last spin on Dumbo!
24 hours-1277.jpg

After Dumbo we decided to go early and find a spot in the hub for Celebrate the Magic and Wishes.

Then almost a big fight...there was a big group of people, ahead of us and to our right, standing while everyone else was sitting. Everyone behind them was yelling at them to sit down, like serious unnecessary yelling, and most of the group eventually sat down. There was still a couple of them standing, and sure if they were directly in front of me, I would have been annoyed too, but would have politely said something. But I couldn't believe the amount of yelling - not from the people right behind them either, but from EVERYONE. People over where we were sitting were yelling at them, and they were so far away from us! And parents were allowing and encouraging their young kids to yell at these people. I was shocked, bothered, and embarrassed by the whole thing even though we were sitting quietly, far away, minding our own business. After almost getting physical with another group, the few people that were standing left (with their young girl in tears) and everyone around them cheering.

Kinda put a damper on the mood just moments before Celebrate the Magic...

24 hours-1278.jpg
24 hours-1280.jpg
24 hours-1281.jpg
24 hours-1282.jpg
24 hours-1283.jpg

samantha788

Original Poster
After Wishes, we strolled through the Tangled area then made one last visit to Princess Fairytale Hall to complete our marathon Princess meeting every day :inlove:
24 hours-1304.jpg
24 hours-1305.jpg

Rapunzel is just the best!!
She was so chatty! Talking about Alyssa's maleficent ears and putting a curse on her. Also noting Alyssa's birthday and talking about Aurora's birthday.
She asked where we were from - when we said New Jersey, she wanted to know what happened to Old Jersey :)
Then she loved my curly hair and said she wants curly hair too - but I told her that would take a VERY long time to brush. Rapunzel also said if Merida straightened her hair, it would probably be as long as hers :D
She was so much fun!
24 hours-1306.jpg
24 hours-1307.jpg
24 hours-1308.jpg
24 hours-1309.jpg
24 hours-1310.jpg
24 hours-1324.jpg

Cinderella wasn't quite sure about Alyssa's ears :rolleyes: She also told us to be careful not to lose our shoes since they weren't straps on them ha
24 hours-1311.jpg
24 hours-1313.jpg

samantha788

Original Poster
After we said by to the princesses the park was just about to close so we ran over and got in line for the Mine Train :)
The wait wasn't too long and after the Mine Train we spent a lot of time just hanging around the hub and taking pictures...aka procrastinating leaving :(

24 hours-1314.jpg
24 hours-1315.jpg
24 hours-1316.jpg
24 hours-1317.jpg
24 hours-1318.jpg
24 hours-1319.jpg
24 hours-1320.jpg
24 hours-1321.jpg

And with that, our trip came to an end:(

samantha788

Original Poster
Some final thoughts...
We had the best time!
Alyssa and I love traveling together - we both know how each other works and that makes it easy and fun.

The 24 hour day was SO much fun. I really hope I get to go back next year, and prep to stay for the entire 24 hours.

We both really liked Port Orleans French Quarter too. I didn't realize how much the small size of the resort would have an impact on us, but it really makes a difference!

We know we are lucky that we get to go as often as we do, and we certainly don't take that for granted and get just as excited with every visit.

Speaking of visits, we're hoping to go back in early November for a long weekend to catch the end of food and wine, plus the start of the Christmas festivities. This time with my best friend and our cousin joining us!

Thank you everyone for reading!! It was so fun to do this trip report. There is no better way to relive the memories and share with everyone here who appreciates it!
It makes me really want to post the trip report I wrote but chickened out from publishing from our Christmas time trip last December :)

IMG_2385 1.JPG

WildcatDen

Thanks for sharing. Great pics. My daughters are about the same age difference as you and your sister. I imagine this may be something they do in the not too distant future.

Thanks again!

samantha788

Original Poster
That was so much fun following along!! Great Pics and report!!
Appreciate you reading! Thank you!

Thanks for sharing. Great pics. My daughters are about the same age difference as you and your sister. I imagine this may be something they do in the not too distant future.

Thanks again!
Thank you so much for reading!! I hope they do get the chance to do a sister trip!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom