The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Being upset about the lion doesn't imply complacency with the violence against people in the world. I think all of here find violence disturbing.

Yet many chose to show their outrage about the lion rather than the more horrific violence that happens around the world, including the U.S. And I saw the same pattern on all social media. And the media itself.

Maybe if people showed outrage towards human on human violence like we do for a lion I wouldn't have called it a numbness.

There are many recent cases and atrocities to choose from. But people in this country chose to get outraged over a lion over the rest. So that's my beef.

Figgy1

Premium Member
My boys are driving me crazy! I'm trying to get together a list of places to eat at on our next trip and Beaches and Cream was on it for a DHS day and now the boys don't want to go there! The ones who don't want to go are the 2 that can eat ice cream LOL. Now I have to find a place for lunch to replace it with:banghead: I really just want to get the rest of the budget set!

catmom46

My boys are driving me crazy! I'm trying to get together a list of places to eat at on our next trip and Beaches and Cream was on it for a DHS day and now the boys don't want to go there! The ones who don't want to go are the 2 that can eat ice cream LOL. Now I have to find a place for lunch to replace it with:banghead: I really just want to get the rest of the budget set!

Oh, how I wish I had that dilemma right now. Remember, I'm trying to figure out how to get back into the countdown. ;)

Did the boys have another idea? Or do you have to come up with more suggestions?

seahawk7

I cannot agree more.. there has been entirely to much independent interpretation of the emoticons. There is one on the list that as far as I am concerned has absolutely no meaning and that would be this one. :cyclops: For the life of me I cannot think of any use for it, so perhaps that would make a good "beeped out" signal.

Or perhaps we could lobby Steve to add more diverse ones to the list. For a site this size it has the fewest that I have seen online and it is obvious that many do not use them in the manner that was originally intended.

Most of the time, that is true... but, it isn't foolproof. Better to be more specific. The biggest offender in my opinion is :rolleyes:. Anyone that has had pre-teen or teenagers know the exact meaning of that one. And it ain't good.
I feel uncomfortable using the emoticons because I might misuse them. Sometimes I just don't care and use one that I want to use. I get tired of being critiqued on things that are so unimportant in the bigger picture even if that picture is just this forum.
I try to be supportive and kind on these forums even when confronted with provocative posts.
So if I accidently post the wrong emoticon in was not my intention to cause anyone any grief.
And Goofy I'm replying to your post but it's content is not meant for you. It just generally how I see things.

catmom46

I feel uncomfortable using the emoticons because I might misuse them. Sometimes I just don't care and use one that I want to use. I get tired of being critiqued on things that are so unimportant in the bigger picture even if that picture is just this forum.
I try to be supportive and kind on these forums even when confronted with provocative posts.
So if I accidently post the wrong emoticon in was not my intention to cause anyone any grief.
And Goofy I'm replying to your post but it's content is not meant for you. It just generally how I see things.

I think we're pretty safe on this thread that any misunderstandings will be worked out, unlike "other" threads where people aren't as supportive and it has nothing to do with emoticons. :banghead:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom