Possible Frontierland expansion

SpaceMountain77

At first, I was truly concerned about the Pixarification of Frontierland. However, now, I am embracing the likelihood of elaborately themed restrooms and an unnecessarily large meet and greet location.

MotherOfBirds

I'm sure that Lone Ranger had a park concept ready/in the works before the movie tanked. Perhaps that's part of the reason that the Frontierland expansion rumors stopped 3ish years ago? Are any of the "backup" concepts what they're looking at now?

jt04

No I'm not but I'm 53 years old and cancer runs in my family. Is there anything else you would like to know?

Wow we have much in common. And I am betting you and me will see that corner of the park get developed. I'll buy you a frozen treat if I prove right. Whatever is popular by then. :happy:

jt04

Why are you smiling, I though you were the one who is advocating for the idea of moving IASW to allow for expansion back there? These changes would make that harder to do, not easier.

I just starting looking at the problem from an entirely different pov. That is my gift.

Although this does not change my opinion that iasw's plot should not undergo an imagineering surgical procedure. Your drawings prove that would only happen in the long run.

jt04

I know I will regret asking this, but how exactly does this prove that?

The retention pond conforms to the iasw structure. If they were going to expand fantasyland by removing iasw the pond would likely be placed differently to allow an FLE type expansion to occur. Plans can change though. Not sure how far along the project is that you provided drawings for. Somebody get scott back in the air.

yensidtlaw1969

The retention pond conforms to the iasw structure. If they were going to expand fantasyland by removing iasw the pond would likely be placed differently to allow an FLE type expansion to occur. Plans can change though. Not sure how far along the project is that you provided drawings for. Somebody get scott back in the air.
So, just to be clear, you think it's more likely that Disney is about to suddenly change their plan to turn the area behind Small World into a retention pond, close Small World, demolish it, rebuild it somewhere else, and then develop that whole area into either a Frontierland expansion or a second Fantasyland expansion, and then adjust the Fireworks show so the area can be rated for guest use despite it currently being a Fireworks Fallout Zone . . . you think all that is more likely than them simply pursuing their current and developed plan of just building a retention pond?

WDWMagic, here is everything you ever needed to know about this poster.

jt04

So, just to be clear, you think it's more likely that Disney is about to suddenly change their plan to turn the area behind Small World into a retention pond, close Small World, demolish it, rebuild it somewhere else, and then develop that whole area into either a Frontierland expansion or a second Fantasyland expansion, and then adjust the Fireworks show so the area can be rated for guest use despite it currently being a Fireworks Fallout Zone . . . you think all that is more likely than them simply pursuing their current and developed plan of just building a retention pond?

I think it is Alice is Wonderland in Tokyo that is largely an indoor venue. Also the old WoL. Space Mountain is a huge space. Add a fireproof roof, pixie dust and abracadabra you have disney magic. Not suggesting there is any plan like this but it is doable.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

could happen ;)

Monorail_Red_77

I checked back to see the ignored member you were quoting. What a rude question. I have a small handful of members here that I ignore and my enjoyment around here has easily doubled. Wish some of my coworkers came with an ignore feature...

They should have a feature that ignores everyone, except those that you choose. In some cases it makes for a quicker selection. :hilarious:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom