The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I prefer to use :brb: for what it stands for-- "be right back". So if anyone reads a post from me with :brb: I really do mean "be right back" not swearing.

Ha! That's funny. :) Actually, the reason why I'm replying to your post is because FINALLY someone explained what the "brb" meant! For the longest time, I couldn't figure it out. Thanks for deciphering that for those of us who are perpetually uninformed! :hilarious:

MOXOMUMD

I have been making a lot of roasted potato wedges. Cut potatoes. A little olive oil, a little seasoning ( my favorite right now is a blend from Penzeys called Northwoods), mix it up. Put on a cookie sheet that has been sprayed with a little Pam. In the oven at 425 for 25-30 min, turning occasionally. Tastes like fries, and much better for you.
I do the same except I use Mrs. Dash and line my baking tray with foil for easier clean-up.

Goofyernmost

I prefer to use :brb: for what it stands for-- "be right back". So if anyone reads a post from me with :brb: I really do mean "be right back" not swearing.
I cannot agree more.. there has been entirely to much independent interpretation of the emoticons. There is one on the list that as far as I am concerned has absolutely no meaning and that would be this one. :cyclops: For the life of me I cannot think of any use for it, so perhaps that would make a good "beeped out" signal.

Or perhaps we could lobby Steve to add more diverse ones to the list. For a site this size it has the fewest that I have seen online and it is obvious that many do not use them in the manner that was originally intended.

Duly noted. Although I'm sure we could figure out what you meant based on context. :)
Most of the time, that is true... but, it isn't foolproof. Better to be more specific. The biggest offender in my opinion is :rolleyes:. Anyone that has had pre-teen or teenagers know the exact meaning of that one. And it ain't good.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
But they're for your waist. So if you buckle the belt a smidge tighter around the waistline, you'll then have the "illusion" of hips! Problem solved!

The illusion I get. It is the practical that fails when loading down cargo shorts with stuff, then the mechanics of a belt doesn't work so well and I have that teen slouching cargo shorts look going on. I'm way too old for that look. :joyfull: The phone in my back pocket and wallet in the other seems to work. If not I carry either a nylon string back pack (very small) or an equally small cross body purse. The cargo thing and me just doesn't seem to work. :cyclops:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom