Memory Maker vs. Photopass?

NonnaT

Hello, need some advice... We have a short 4 day, 3 night stay in December that includes MVMCP. It is to celebrate our 20th anniversary. So, my question is, should we buy the party MM ($39) for party night and then photo pass our other pics? If we were going with family or staying longer I wouldn't hesitate to pay for MM for the whole trip. Can I combine the 2? We got really lucky on our 15th anniv, and ran into a Disney photog at AKL doing a photo shoot (probably paid for) of another couple and he very graciously did some professional photos of us. They were amazing! Which leads me to 2nd question, how do you find the "professional" photos at the resorts? Mucho gracias!

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
There is no more PhotoPass so say, it's also called Memory Maker that you buy to include all pics/videos for your entire trip. You wouldn't need the party night one for $39 if you buy the regular one for $169. If you purchase the full Memory Maker for $169 (pre trip price) you will get any pics/videos for the entire stay including the party night. I would just purchase the full Memoy Maker because it does not make sense to buy the one only for the party night and then pay another $169 for the rest of your stay. To get the $169 price you have to purchase ahead of time, otherwise you have to pay $199 and I believe if purchase while there it does not start immediately and you have a waiting period to start taking pictures, etc. :)

Upvote 0

Tom 55

All the photos that are taken by CM are posted to your "MY DISNEY EXPERIENCE" website. It is all linked to your magic band. You can view on line for like 60 days after your trip and buy what ever pictures you want. Each individual picture is like $10+. At the prices they sell for the MM package is a better deal. All the picture from Story time with Belle, all the on ride photos plus they have been adding little videos . I have one from 7DMT. If you by MM before you go I think there is still a discount price.

Upvote 0

Rob562

A terminology clarification:

"PhotoPass" (sometimes now referred to as PhotoPass+ since they can now use the Bands to link them) is still the system by which photos are taken in the parks and saved to your account, whether they're on-ride photos or human photographers.

"Memory Maker" is strictly a photo package that you buy that allows you to download and save any and all photos taken in your (and your linked Friends & Family) PhotoPass account. It's a one-purchase-covers-everything option. And what you're really buying is a 30-day window during which you can make those downloads. The 30-day clock starts ticking the moment you download your first photo. Disney offers a pre-purchase discount on Memory Maker as long as you buy it 3 days before your trip.

You can still buy and download individual photos from your account without Memory Maker.

There is also an "Attractions+" purchase option that (from what I hear) is only available for purchase in the park, and is essentially a lesser version of MemoryMaker where you only have access to the on-ride photos.

-Rob

Upvote 0

Mickey5150

My recommendation for Memory maker vs paying for individual photos is that if you are the type of person who stops at every photopass cast member and gets a picture, you are planning on meeting characters and you go on all the thrill rides, then pay for the memory maker because you will have hundreds of photos and it will be much cheaper to enjoy them.

Upvote 0

mikeyd229

I try to be pretty "thrifty" (the nice word for cheap) and I questioned the need for Memory Maker when my wife added it on to our trip. Now, I absolutely think it is worth it. We had some very nice pictures and it's so convenient to just walk up and have someone take the picture without worrying about handing him/her your phone or camera. Then, when you get hime, download them all and print what you want. We used the best one for last year's Christmas card!

Upvote 0

sxeensweet

Does anyone know if you have to print the MM photos or can you order them?
We don't have the best photo printer right now.
You can do both but the ones you order cost you per print even with the MM. You can also buy a disk with all your photos on it for like $30 so you could bring somewhere and print them cheaper. :)

Upvote 0

pajammies

You can do both but the ones you order cost you per print even with the MM. You can also buy a disk with all your photos on it for like $30 so you could bring somewhere and print them cheaper. :)

This day in age it would probably just be cheaper to buy a decent photo printer than have Disney print them for me :D

Just not sure I want to do this, I have a teenager going with and you know how they are with photos, or least when mom is telling them your going to take take their picture. They take take selfies all day long, but when mom wants one it's a horrible thing, lol.
Anyway my point is, I would love, for just once, to not drag along my camera. But not sure the MM should take the place of my own camera.
Any thoughts on that?

Upvote 0

sxeensweet

This day in age it would probably just be cheaper to buy a decent photo printer than have Disney print them for me :D

Just not sure I want to do this, I have a teenager going with and you know how they are with photos, or least when mom is telling them your going to take take their picture. They take take selfies all day long, but when mom wants one it's a horrible thing, lol.
Anyway my point is, I would love, for just once, to not drag along my camera. But not sure the MM should take the place of my own camera.
Any thoughts on that?
I rather the MM personally and that also makes sure you are in the photos with everyone without having to hand the cast member your camera/phone or a stranger your camera/or phone. Also like you mentioned no carrying the camera everywhere. And frankly you might only want to actually print a small amount of them. I just keep them stored on my computer at home and also usually get the disk. I think it is totally worth it as you probably will end up with several hundred pictures AND several videos from the rides that do them (not many now but more is planned in the future) by the time your trip is done for only $169. :)

Upvote 0

pajammies

I rather the MM personally and that also makes sure you are in the photos with everyone without having to hand the cast member your camera/phone or a stranger your camera/or phone. Also like you mentioned no carrying the camera everywhere. And frankly you might only want to actually print a small amount of them. I just keep them stored on my computer at home and also usually get the disk. I think it is totally worth it as you probably will end up with several hundred pictures AND several videos from the rides that do them (not many now but more is planned in the future) by the time your trip is done for only $169. :)

Good point about not being in the picture on account of the fact that someone needs to take the picture! I will print a good portion of them because I scrapbook, but that isn't really where the cost comes in anyway, it will be the initial price, should we decide to go with it.

Thanks for your help @sxeensweet I do have one more question, do you know how many static pictures there are. Like will I get pics of the castle, fireworks, spaceship earth, etc... Or is it only of us?

Upvote 0

pajammies

Good point about not being in the picture on account of the fact that someone needs to take the picture! I will print a good portion of them because I scrapbook, but that isn't really where the cost comes in anyway, it will be the initial price, should we decide to go with it.

Thanks for your help @sxeensweet I do have one more question, do you know how many static pictures there are. Like will I get pics of the castle, fireworks, spaceship earth, etc... Or is it only of us?

Upvote 0

sxeensweet

There is some static pictures with no one in it they usually include but I don't remember how many we had of those. :)

Upvote 0

wdisneyw2000

A terminology clarification:

"PhotoPass" (sometimes now referred to as PhotoPass+ since they can now use the Bands to link them) is still the system by which photos are taken in the parks and saved to your account, whether they're on-ride photos or human photographers.

"Memory Maker" is strictly a photo package that you buy that allows you to download and save any and all photos taken in your (and your linked Friends & Family) PhotoPass account. It's a one-purchase-covers-everything option. And what you're really buying is a 30-day window during which you can make those downloads. The 30-day clock starts ticking the moment you download your first photo. Disney offers a pre-purchase discount on Memory Maker as long as you buy it 3 days before your trip.

You can still buy and download individual photos from your account without Memory Maker.

There is also an "Attractions+" purchase option that (from what I hear) is only available for purchase in the park, and is essentially a lesser version of MemoryMaker where you only have access to the on-ride photos.

-Rob
So Basicly if I buy the memory maker, the only difference is that I download my pics instead of them being on the disc like the old photo pass was? I can still edit & add borders to them & save them. Will they always be saved to my account, or do I need to also copy them to a zip drive to take to say example Walmart to print them out when I'm ready to ?

Upvote 0

DisneyRoy

So Basicly if I buy the memory maker, the only difference is that I download my pics instead of them being on the disc like the old photo pass was? I can still edit & add borders to them & save them. Will they always be saved to my account, or do I need to also copy them to a zip drive to take to say example Walmart to print them out when I'm ready to ?

They get deleted from your account after a while. Disney sends you numerous reminders when they will expire. Once you are done editing, you will need to save all photos to your computer (or flash drive or whatever portable media you use) and then take them somewhere else to print if you don't want to print them at home.

Upvote 0

wdisneyw2000

They get deleted from your account after a while. Disney sends you numerous reminders when they will expire. Once you are done editing, you will need to save all photos to your computer (or flash drive or whatever portable media you use) and then take them somewhere else to print if you don't want to print them at home.

Ok thank you very much

Upvote 0

TurboCaroline

Is it 5:00 yet?
I went in early June of this year and I wasn't aware that there was still the old photopass option until a photographer at HS gave me a card. All my ride photos (Buzz, TT and Mine Train) were automatically in my account obviously because of the magic band. I ended up spending $70 on 6 pictures and I had to take a video of the Mine Train ride video because there was no other way to save it. MM is definitely worth it if you have a lot of pictures taken.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom