Pre-Trip Leaving our new baby girl behind...

Hello everyone! I recently finished my TR for our December trip of 2014 and it was such a blast to write it and interact with everybody who participated that Ive decided to write my first Pre-Trip Report! We are also bursting with anticipation so writing a Pre TR just may help us stay calm, but I doubt it.

(For anyone who would like to read my last report, here is a link, http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/our-bwv-holiday-tr.899325/ )

So whats up with this thread title? Is there a bun in the oven? Will we soon be hearing the pitter patter of little feet? Is the stork circling our neighborhood..... Do we have a baby on the way?????? Ummmmm.....no, haha. So dont worry, this trip will feature even more booze and food than our December trip.

We are however bringing home our new baby girl puppy in 7 weeks! We recently decided to add a new member to our private Animal Kingdom, a beautiful female Dutch Shepherd / Belgian Malinois mix. We are VERY VERY excited as this particular breed is absolutely AMAZING. I have a friend who is a professional trainer for K9 and sporting dogs and we are going for the full monty with her training! So while we are excited, the timing of our trip will mean leaving her with my parents only a few weeks after bringing her home. She will be in excellent hands but we will be sad to leave her. The silver lining is that we wont get sad on the last day of our trip because we know we will be going home to our new pup. For now, we are compiling a long list of possible names and most are based on Game of Thrones and/or Disney. The front runners as of now are, Sansa, Daeneryus and Boma.

We have a 14 year old american bull terrier (aka pitbull, but I dont like that term). His name is Brolly and he is the most gentle and sweet, but extremely protective dog. My work occasionally has me out late for certain events and I dont return home until 4 or 5 am some nights. I have never worried about my wife being home alone because he is there with her. His hearing has recently started to go and he often gets tired early in the day. He has done an amazing job being a protector of the home but its time for him to enjoy his golden years and oversee the training of our new puppy. He is still very active and we know he will be excited to have a new playmate to show the ropes too. Here is a quick rundown of our private Animal Kingdom:

B_snow.jpg
Brolly

As big and tough as Brolly is, the matriarch of the house is our eldest cat, Chloe. My wife allows her to get away with any and everything.
883.jpg

Making a cameo in the background is the baby of the house, Ruxin. Ya, we let them on the counter but we keep the Lysol wipes handy and constantly wipe it down so dont freak out. ALL of our animals eat a raw diet (yes, raw uncooked chicken and meat with bones) which among other benefits really helps with shedding.

The exotic animal section of our home features our two lovely parrots, Caesar and Cappy:

20150510_144900.jpg

Caesar is a Double Yellow Headed Amazon and he is 31 years old and yes he talks, but he has an uncanny laugh that sounds very human. My Mom got him in Mexico when I was very young. She would often yell for my father if he was outside or in the other room and to this day Caesar still mimics her and will yell out, "PAUL!!!!"

20150718_161007.jpg

Cappy is a Bare Eyed Cockatoo. He is appx 20 years old. We rescued him and the rescue shelter wasnt sure of his exact age. He is EXTREMELY talkative and has a vocabulary of about 20 words and can say full sentences and he is still learning new stuff. He is also very intelligent. We dont even keep his cage door shut because he just picks the lock anyway. His latest thing is making zombie noises when we watch The Walking Dead. If a Zombie moans or grunts, he chimes right in and is very good at zombie impersonations. It is a bit creepy though when he does it for no reason at all in the middle of the night. He also does the old Budweiser commercial with the frogs saying "Whats Up" over and over in different tones. He is very funny and we are soooo glad we brought him into our home.

The reason I bring up our animals is because our Disney trips often rely on having our family help out with our animals while we are gone. We are blessed to have such wonderful family members who help care for our furry family while we are gone. Ok, so now that your familiar with our animals, maybe I can get back to actually talking about our Disney trip.

So, for those of who you read my last report, you may remember that I surprised my wife on our last day by upgrading our tickets to AP's and we started planning a trip for the 2015 Food and Wine Festival. Well here we are several (long) months later and so far we have 5 days booked at Yacht Club (our favorite resort) for late October and we are going to add 2-3 additional days but havent decided if we want AKL or perhaps try something new like Port Orleans Riverside to scratch it off our list of resorts we havent stayed at. Either way, we will start with the 3 days at AKL or POR and then hop over to YC for the final 5 days and begin our shameless free fall into more food and booze than the human body should be allowed to consume.

Our trip will coincide with the anniversary of the day I proposed at WDW many moons ago in front of Cinderella Castle. I want to recreate the entire day as much as possible. It was a fairly laid back day with the exception of my nervousness going into the MK for the proposal but the CM's at MK were ABSOLUTELY AMAZING and they helped me pull off a great surprise with the proposal. I totally thought she knew what was going on, but the CM's pulled out all the stops and she never saw it coming. My original plan had to be aborted last minute due to a refurb at the HM and I was in panic mode at the concierge desk at GF trying to figure out what to do, but the wonderful ladies there sat me down and we went over options and came up with a great idea that worked out better than I could have ever imagined. I'll get to that story later with the details of recreating the day. Its a great story with some really crazy twists and turns of events unfolding and of course,...me drinking a little too much which made a particular incident really funny.

The full cast of this trip is still somewhat up in the air. My sister and her boys have AP's as well and they are trying to squeeze in a few days to join us. Her sons (my nephews) are growing up so fast and I am hoping to get a few more Disney trips in with them before they hit that phase where they are too cool for Disney. I always have a blast with these two boys and my sister.

IMG_3611.JPG

Me with my two nephews

IMG_3610.JPG

My sister and her boys

And if they join us, my bothers youngest son, who is 2, may come along as well. Here is a pic of him with my wife, who will obviously be there too.

camchencrop.jpg

My wife and I have not yet been Disney with our youngest nephew so it will be a real treat to enjoy some time with him and see the amazement in his eyes, not only of the parks, but of his stumbling drunken Uncle trying to stay upright at the end of the day.

Hopefully they will all join us and the trip will be even more fun! My wife and I have a much slower park touring pace than they do so whenever we all go we together we split up on certain days for awhile and meet back up later in the day for lunch or diner. Poly was always their favorite resort but They have recently fallen in love with the Boardwalk Resorts so if they join us, they will most likely book YC or BC and be close to us.

As far as anything specific goes, we have only made one ADR so far and that is for Biergarten on the day we check in at YC which will technically be day 4 of the trip. Seems a bit like overkill on food seeing how Food and Wine will be happening but we love our Biergarten and as I mentioned earlier, we will have no shame and we will eat until we cant eat anymore, then we will probly drink and eat some more.

I get the feeling we will book AKL for our first 3 days simply because we love it there and it will allow us to start the trip off nice and easy. We especially love the Victoria Falls Lounge at AKL. Its not themed too heavy in any way, but it is a very relaxing spot to have a drink and appetizers with great ambiance and the smells wafting up fro Boma and Jiko dont hurt either. Its usually pretty easy to get a spot at Boma so if we decide to hit it up it will be a "day of" decision. We love the Mara as well. The food isnt anything to write home about but my wife and I both agree they have the best chicken tenders on property. Im sure they are prepared the exact same as everywhere else, but for some reason we like them there the best... And did I mention Zebra Domes?!!!! Yummmmm!!!

Well, thats it for today. Im gonna dig through my old memory cards and find some photos of our trip when I proposed to her and I will get more into the details of recreating that day and post it tomorrow hopefully. Thanks for reading! Have a great Saturday everybody!

Last edited:

Chernaboggles

As far as the pups, we havent begun to try and pick one since there are still several weeks left until they are able to leave their mother. Plus, the trainer/breeder will ***** which ones show signs of being good for protection/guard. Depending on certain criteria as the pups age, they show particular signs that help the trainer determine "drive" in the dogs. Some will be good sporting dogs as others will show signs of being guard/protection driven. The whole process so far has been fascinating and we are using the time to educate ourselves as much as possible. Its overwhelming how much there is to learn but we are having a blast watching videos and reading all the material. We are also beginning to transform part of our back yard into a training are for the pup. Lots of work and the 90 + degree temps havent made it any easier, lol

Lots of prep! Out of curiosity, are you going to do Schutzhund competitions, or do you just want an exceptionally well trained pet?

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Original Poster
Lots of prep! Out of curiosity, are you going to do Schutzhund competitions, or do you just want an exceptionally well trained pet?
We have actually discussed possibly doing competitions. Its something we will discuss in depth with the trainer. We have read mixed reviews on having a dog trained in protection but also being in competition as well. Some think that the competition training takes away from their drive to do protection but others say it doesnt. We have a ways to go before we reach that level so for now we are just studying everything we can. We have been watching the dock jumping competitions and they are so much fun.

Your cat pictures are AWESOME! We always thought that we may be the only cat crazy Disney loving people but its good to know we are in good company with others here! Its funny how Rose attacks the dog. Chloe ( our oldest cat) will smack Brolly if he walks to close. Brolly is a good sport and allows it though.

Chernaboggles

We have actually discussed possibly doing competitions. Its something we will discuss in depth with the trainer. We have read mixed reviews on having a dog trained in protection but also being in competition as well. Some think that the competition training takes away from their drive to do protection but others say it doesnt. We have a ways to go before we reach that level so for now we are just studying everything we can. We have been watching the dock jumping competitions and they are so much fun.

Fascinating! I hope you'll keep updating (could always PM me, as it's not really Disney stuff), I'm quite interested. I train Joules myself as a hobby, but just tricks and obedience. He'd be the world's worst protection dog, unless you want to be protected from food.

Your cat pictures are AWESOME! We always thought that we may be the only cat crazy Disney loving people but its good to know we are in good company with others here! Its funny how Rose attacks the dog, our Chloe (oldest) will smack Brolly if he walks to close. Brolly is a good sport and allows it though.

To be fair, she hasn't actually tried to hurt him. She just growls and threatens, which only intensifies his intense desire to be her friend. They rarely interact. We keep part of the house gated off so he can't bother the cats or mess with their stuff. They can come and go freely, but Rose stays mostly in the "cats only" zone.

There seem to be quite a lot of folks who are crazy about both pets and Disney! I'm actually very surprised they don't offer a lot more pet merchandise.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Original Poster
Good afternoon everybody. Time for some updates and a brief story of how yesterday I ended up about 2 hours from Orlando and I could practically taste the carrot cookies in HS. Did I go, did I head home....lets find out in a moment.

As far as puppy updates, there isnt much. She is still growing and we have about 4 weeks or so until she can come home. I seriously think we have watched EVERY youtube video with Dutch Shepherds and Malinois lol. Ive shifted my attention to backyard construction/landscaping that will aide in her training and my wife is still scouring over potential names. Updates to come soon.

So.....what happened yesterday that put me so close to Disney that I could almost smell the danky waters of POTC?
Well, I got a call Wednesday evening in regards to me having to drive to Gainsville, Fla for business. Gainesville is just about 5 hours from where we live in Atl. I initially thought how its close to Disney but still 2 hours away and that was all that crossed my mind.

Fast forward to yesterday (Thursday) afternoon...I cross the Fla line in the early afternoon and my mind was focused on work and even though I see a few billboards for the Fla welcome center "free orange juice" and other friendly signs that we often see on our way to Orlando, my mind remained on work. Everything went well and I finish my business around 2:30 pm. Feeling good, I head back towards the expressway. It was about 90 degrees and blazing hot out so as I cranked up the A/C and I get blasted with outside air through the vents and thats when Im hit with the smell of the salty Florida air. I dont know if its exactly salty or whatever, but the smell is extremely distinct. Next, I start to notice all the freshly planted palm trees that line the areas close to the highway similar to how Orlando has done over the years. I pull into the gas station and as I enter, I see the shelves littered with Disney referenced items. Its all starting to feel very familiar. The sights, the smells, the trees...everything about the last 5 minutes is reminding me of a Disney trip! Then I see a sign that says "Turnpike to Orlando 64 miles" I cant recall exactly how many miles it said, but I knew from experience that I could be in WDW in less than 2 hours!!!....the signs were speaking to me. Decisions, decisions.

By now, its official. I feel myself slipping into Disney mode. My mind was racing with thoughts of a cold beer at Epcot and contemplating where I would eat diner. Should I stay at World Showcase or head over to Hollywood Studios and try Tune In Lounge to get a cheeseburger and then ride Star Tours? Ooooh, I really want to see the GMR updates too and if Im lucky I can get on TSMM or ToT and have a carrot cookie from Writers Stop! I can hop on MDE now and make FP+ selections and with my AP discount get a cheap room at All Stars and hit the park by 5 pm if I hurry and then leave early in the morning!!! I even have a change of clothes with a t-shirt and a pair of comfortable Nikes in the back of my car that I could wear to the park today! This is PERFECT!!!!!

Queue the loud "SCREEEEEEEEECH" I hear in my head.......what am I doing, I ask myself? Im planning a trip without even calling my wife or thinking about my schedule for tomorrow. I was completely overcome with thoughts of Disney as I sat there in my car. Im sure I looked odd to anyone walking by as they most likely just saw a guy sitting in his car staring off into the distance with a hue grin on his face. So, Im sitting there at the gas station and I can literally see the 75 South sign to the ramp for the highway. I decide to see what advice my family offers so I snap a photo and send a group text asking if I should do it.

75South.jpg

Of course they respond with, "Do it!!!" My sister even tells me to have diner at Italy pavilion. I call my wife and even she agrees with them. She explains her jealousy but thinks its a great idea. We take a moment to discuss the positives and negatives of the situation. The positives are obvious so no need to explain them. The negatives were that I had I gone to bed the night before around 1 am and had woken up at 6 am because I needed an oil change and wanted to be the first person there to get it done quickly. Combine the lack of sleep with the 5 hour drive to Gainesville which meant I would be pooped by 9 pm, especially after a few beers at Epcot. I also had business to attend to the next day (Friday) and even had an event Friday night that would have me out late which means I had to have a good nights sleep. I would also have to wake up and leave Orlando by 7 am to get home and avoid Atlanta rush hour traffic which is brutal, trust me. I dont mind a long day with little sleep, but two days in a row and a 7 hour drive back home would take its toll on me. The more we discussed the negative aspects, the more reality slowly crept back in. I felt "Disney Mode" slowly turning off as I starred at the 75 South sign.

We decided that perhaps it was a better option to return home and take the $200 I would have spent at Disney and put it into our Disney funds for our upcoming trip in October or even try and make quick 2 day trip in August if possible. So...after crying on the inside for a minute, I reluctantly hit 75 North (ugh) and headed home. It was sooooooo depressing as every sign, palm tree and grassy field I drove past made me think of Disney. I felt like Corey Feldman in the movie License to Drive when he cried, "Archie's...come back!!!!!"

20150730_154324.jpg

No Free Orange Juice for me...:(

And, so long beautiful palm trees, Ill see you in October....:bawling::bawling:
20150730_155106.jpg

My emotions were strong and the Universe was with me as it gave me some rainy weather to match how I felt as I got back to Georgia...
20150730_160019.jpg

I hit several torrential downpours on my way back which slowed me down a bit, but I still made it home around 8:30 pm and stopped at Publix to grab some beer so I could drink away my sorrows. Going home proved to be a good idea as I was completely exhausted when I walked in. I kept thinking how I could be at Disney and would be going off of the adrenaline rush of being there, but I was glad I could get a good nights sleep and didnt have a 7 hour drive ahead of me. My wife was great and she made me a home made deep dish pizza with pepperoni, onions and green peppers (shes Italian and makes AWESOME pizza).

20150729_233334.jpg

She also pulled up some videos online of Disney and we wound up doing some planning for our October trip and even tossed around the idea of sneaking down for a quick 2 day trip in August and bringing our 2 year old nephew with us. We shall see. After watching one particular video, we decided that would add Tepon Edo to our ADR list for October, we just have to decide which day.

We also looked at videos for Port Orleans Riverside because we still havent decided if we will stay at AKL or POR for a few days before we head over to Yacht Club for 5 days. We have stayed at AKL several times so we are very familiar with it and love it but we have never stayed at POR. So....., we are watching videos of Port Orleans Riverside and my wifes really loving the lobby, the shops, the bar and all the scenery around the resort. Then, the video shows that you enter your room from.....outside. *Gasp! She looks at me and says, "uhhhh, the room doors arent inside how the deluxe resorts are?" I laugh and remind her that this is a moderate resort.

Now, before you judge my wife and think she is some kind of snob, let me tell you how ABSOLUTELY terrified she is of any bug, insect, or anything that crawls on the ground. Even a caterpillar slowly creeping 5 feet away will send her running for the hills. If a beautiful butterfly is dancing around our patio, she will wait for it to fly off before walking out. So any hotel that has outside doors makes her feel like a bug could have gotten in at any time and that it could be hiding and waiting to attack to her and she thinks that EVERYTHING is possibly a cockroach. I should have thought about this before suggesting POR. And dont get me wrong, she has stayed at plenty of hotels and motels over the years but she just prefers indoor entrances.

So after a brief discussion she decides that if we stay at POR, she will do one night only and we can scratch it off the list of resorts we havent stayed and we can either switch to AKL for a day or two or just add another day at YC. Then we think bout how with DVC, we will most likely pay the same if not less, for an AKL DVC room than we would pay for a AP discount room at POR. So Im pretty sure we will just book AKL, which is fine by me because I could spend an entire day there without leaving and Id be happy.

So, to sum up,.....I almost went to WDW yesterday, but didnt. I was crushed but wifey made it all better with pizza and we actually got some planning done for our trip. It was an emotional 24 hour roller coaster for me. I laughed, I cried, I ate pizza, did some trip planning and then slept like a baby. I will get back to my proposal story and how I had to propose a second time and how I plan on recreating the events.

Oh ya, I did also have a highlight from yesterday that I forgot to mention. My wife has recently been listening to podcasts and radio interviews of David Paulides. He is the author of the book series, "Missing 411". His work involves the absolutely bizarre stories of how many people go missing from our national parks each year. Whats more bizarre than the stories, is the fact the US National Park service will not cooperate in any way, and they dont even keep records of the missing hikers or families. When they do decide to release any information, they require insane processing fees to the amount of $30,000 or more. The stories are strange to say the least and the interviews with family members only raise more questions. Everything from Green Berets showing up on scene but dont help in the search to stories of 2 year old babies that go missing and are found 3 hours later, but miles away and through terrain that is difficult for an experienced hiker to get across, let alone a baby that can barely walk. I listened to an interview that was about 2 hours long on the ride back and it was fascinating. Sad for the families, but the research is compelling. So if anyone is looking for interesting topics, I highly suggest it. Be warned tho, you may not want to visit your local park after listening to some of these stories.

Last edited:

Chernaboggles

That was delightful to read! I think you made a wise decision, but kudos to your family for being supportive of a spontaneous trip, even if you didn't go!

As for the National Parks - I live next to a "National Recreation Area" (Delaware Water Gap, Pennsylvania side). Visitors consistently underestimate just how dangerous it is out in the woods and on the river, they treat it like a big safe back yard. Never ends well.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Original Poster
That was delightful to read! I think you made a wise decision, but kudos to your family for being supportive of a spontaneous trip, even if you didn't go!

As for the National Parks - I live next to a "National Recreation Area" (Delaware Water Gap, Pennsylvania side). Visitors consistently underestimate just how dangerous it is out in the woods and on the river, they treat it like a big safe back yard. Never ends well.
Ya, my family was great about it. I expected to receive texts of jealousy but they were nothing but supportive. On the ride home they were requesting pics of the pro-life billboards. You know, the ones that talk about "a babies heart beat starts at 8 days". I sent them this to satisfy their desire...
2015-07-30-16-13-32-1089511279.jpeg

anyway, I'm sure you hear lots of crazy stories since you live next to a national park. I'm completely hooked on the stories. They are so weird, yet so sad.

lostpro9het

We decided that perhaps it was a better option to return home and take the $200 I would have spent at Disney and put it into our Disney funds for our upcoming trip in October or even try and make quick 2 day trip in August if possible.
Adulting can suck sometimes...

So Im pretty sure we will just book AKL, which is fine by me because I could spend an entire day there without leaving and Id be happy.
I may be biased but this is a brilliant decision. ;-)

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Original Poster
Adulting can suck sometimes...

I may be biased but this is a brilliant decision. ;-)
I seriously thought about you yesterday when I was contemplating my decision. I thought that I could message you and meet up for a drink, lol. The "adulting" denied that though, lol. I'll just have to live vicariously through your TR.

ETA: My sister and I are seriously considering buying a DVC resale at AKL if we find a good deal. You and I can be AKL DVC brothers! It really is an amazing resort. I know...I'm lame, but hey...brothers don't shake hands, brothers gotta hug...

lostpro9het

I seriously thought about you yesterday when I was contemplating my decision.
I would have followed the same series of events

ETA: My sister and I are seriously considering buying a DVC resale at AKL if we find a good deal. You and I can be AKL DVC brothers! It really is an amazing resort. I know...I'm lame, but hey...brothers don't shake hands, brothers gotta hug...
23759848.jpg

I'm already in the game for another 50-100 points myself! We're progressing out of studio life and into 1-bedroom seriousness.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
What a bittersweet story; so near and yet so far . . . :( But, I completely understand how you chose to handle the dilemma, between work, sleep, and saving some money for your bigger trip this fall.

P.S.: If I can arrange for a Fedex truck to arrive at your home, do you think your wife would mind cooking one of her delicious pizzas, and Fedex-ing it up to me in MA? :p :hungry: I don't care what her catering price would be; I'd pay it!!! :happy:

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Original Poster
You definitely have more willpower than me! If I had an AP and spousal approval, I would totally have gone for it, to heck with sleep. You only live once, right? ;)

That pizza looks soooo yummy! Your wife rocks! :inlove:
I think I barely scraped by in terms of will power. It was seriously tough.

What a bittersweet story; so near and yet so far . . . :( But, I completely understand how you chose to handle the dilemma, between work, sleep, and saving some money for your bigger trip this fall.

P.S.: If I can arrange for a Fedex truck to arrive at your home, do you think your wife would mind cooking one of her delicious pizzas, and Fedex-ing it up to me in MA? :p :hungry: I don't care what her catering price would be; I'd pay it!!! :happy:
She felt honored that you and @catmom46 liked her pizza pie. It really is great. She uses a cast iron skillet and puts butter around the crust. When it comes out of the oven its sizzling all around. Perfezione!

And ya, driving home proved to be a good choice as I was out very late last night and was almost falling asleep on the way home. Had I been any lower on sleep, it would have been dangerous.

catmom46

I think I barely scraped by in terms of will power. It was seriously tough.

She felt honored that you and @catmom46 liked her pizza pie. It really is great. She uses a cast iron skillet and puts butter around the crust. When it comes out of the oven its sizzling all around. Perfezione!

And ya, driving home proved to be a good choice as I was out very late last night and was almost falling asleep on the way home. Had I been any lower on sleep, it would have been dangerous.

OMG, and she uses BUTTER?!?! That is perfection!!! :hungry::hungry::hungry:

lostpro9het

My wife was great and she made me a home made deep dish pizza with pepperoni, onions and green peppers (shes Italian and makes AWESOME pizza).

View attachment 103857
I make homemade pizzas every Friday, I use a stone or a rack but never thought to use the iron skillet. If it's not proprietary info, does the DW preheat the skillet or drop the dough in cold? I've cooked cornbread in a skillet and always preheated it so the butter melts before pouring in the batter but never thought to bake a pie in it, looks awesome.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Original Poster
She doesnt preheat the skillet. She just rubs olive oil in the pan. She melts the butter then drizzles it around the crust She first used the skillet to make a deep dish chicago style pie and it was so good she only uses skillet now. We get the dough from Whole Foods for $4.

ETA: She just told me to make sure the skillet is well seasoned to prevent the crust from sticking and use generous amounts of olive oil. Also that you can just drizzle melted butter around the crust as the pizza cools also. Shes probly gonna punch me in my sleep for giving cooking advice without consulting her first. lol

Last edited:

lostpro9het

She doesnt preheat the skillet. She just rubs olive oil in the pan. She melts the butter then drizzles it around the crust She first used the skillet to make a deep dish chicago style pie and it was so good she only uses skillet now. We get the dough from Whole Foods for $4.

ETA: She just told me to make sure the skillet is well seasoned to prevent the crust from sticking and use generous amounts of olive oil. Also that you can just drizzle melted butter around the crust as the pizza cools also. Shes probly gonna punch me in my sleep for giving cooking advice without consulting her first. lol

Thanks for taking that chance, wasn't sure if she would share the preheating secret! Our skillet is well seasoned and we are stocked with EVOO. Ironically, we had our first Chicago pie as a couple last night! One of our coworkers actually brought a frozen one back from Chicago for us to try. It was decent but I think I could probably whip up a better one fresh.

ETA: here's what I'm enjoying right now
aviary_1438464616889.jpg

Last edited:

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Original Poster
Thanks for taking that chance, wasn't sure if she would share the preheating secret! Our skillet is well seasoned and we are stocked with EVOO. Ironically, we had our first Chicago pie as a couple last night! One of our coworkers actually brought a frozen one back from Chicago for us to try. It was decent but I think I could probably whip up a better one fresh.

ETA: here's what I'm enjoying right now
aviary_1438464616889.jpg
A fine selection, and in a proper glass as well! Excellent form, sir!

I had to pour a fresh one after seeing that. I went with a lighter ale. That Dragons Milk will creep up on ya!

20150801_182342.jpg

This Pre-Trip Report is anything but, haha. It has just become a free for all of food, animals, alcohol and an occasional mention of Disney World.

And FYI, we have a Cuisinart coffee machine too. We LOVE it. I should have taken the pic in front of it. Now that Ive started drinking tho, Im too lazy to redo it

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom