Movies to watch before visiting

crazgurl

Original Poster
:cat: Thanks for the replies everyone! We are definitely compiling a long list from the suggestions, particularly ones one or both of us haven't seen before!

Mickey5150

If you really hope to get ready for a trip to Walt Disney World then I would suggest National Lampoon's Vacation and European Vacation. Also Summer Rental and to get you in the mood for Animal Kingdom, The Great Outdoors. As long as your vacation goes smoother than these, you will have the time of your life.

blueboxdoctor

I'm sure we could draw some parallels between the journey in Lord of the Rings and walking through all the parks of WDW (plus, any excuse to watch Lord of the Rings again is good).

But in all honesty, I don't know much of the older stuff, something about the old animation and audio recording annoyingly bothers me, and I'm not quite sure why. If you want to move up in time a little, I'd say the new classics are where it's at: Aladdin, Beauty and the Beast, The Little Mermaid, and Hercules (though not really as popular for whatever reason) are all good choices.

worldfanatic

1438452915690-933518214.jpg
Escape From Tomorrow.

I'm not kidding.

Walt Disney1955

When I went to Disneyland for the first time I thought it would be fitting to watch "Sleeping Beauty" for the first time since I was in elementary school.

Obi Walt Kenobi

Swiss family Robinson for sure great movie and explains what's up with the tree house. Any of the old shorts are great for getting into the spirit of Disney. Something newer dare I say Tomorrowland.

gobstoper27

Hey everyone!! Starting to think about my next (4th) trip to the world for my 30th birthday (October 1st 2016!!) And it will be my boyfriends first trip to the world... thinking it will be fun to watch movies over the next year like pirates of the caribbean or Indiana Jones. .. thought it would be fun to see what other movies you guys would list as must see before this trip!
Just wanted to comment that next year will be my 4th trip as well I'm also turning 30 but on September 27th, lol. This movie has a lot of haters but Haunted Mansion is a great watch, at least for an introduction to the story.. There is also the tower of terror movie that came out in 1997, again another decent movie for reference. Can't go wrong with nightmare before Christmas either since your going during Halloween season!

wdwjmp239

I usually watch Old Yeller (Old Disney movie) and cry at the end because I'll be thinking about the credit card bills I'll have to pay after my trip! ;)

acishere

I have been saving Fantasia on my Netflix watch list for the night before I leave. I've seen all the segments, but never all together and in the order the film showed them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom