What did you do?

LindsayLoves

Saturday - 13.5ish miles as part of a Long Training Run put on by New York Road Runners to get people in shape for the marathon. For $10 you get 5 water stops on the 4-6 mile loop, pacers, sprinklers, bag check, port-o-potties, and Gu, bananas, pretzels, and bagels, etc. These training runs sell out every year and I find them really enjoyable, I love not having to carry any water, or think about pacing, and the camaraderie is pretty strong. I stuck with the 9 minute/mile group and found two nice women to chat with for about 10 miles that made this run fly.

Sunday - rest and lots of foam rolling

Monday - 6.12 miles in 54 minutes. Yesterday was my best chance to get speed work of any kind in for the week as it would be the coolest day of the week. I wasn't feeling it but after 3 miles I decided to try to do two tempo miles and managed two miles around 8 min/mile, definitely not my typical tempo times but my lungs were hurting in the heat on this one.

Tuesday - Friday - seriously TBD, I might opt in for inside conditioning/strength workouts. Running in the mid to high 90s is an exercise in stupidity it should be noted that I am a fan of doing stupid things...

dreamfinder

2.35@2i, 2@6:53p, .35@6p.

Tuesday - Friday - seriously TBD, I might opt in for inside conditioning/strength workouts. Running in the mid to high 90s is an exercise in stupidity it should be noted that I am a fan of doing stupid things...

Eh, just back it off a bit. I forget the formula, but it something like every 10 degrees over 55 add 30 seconds per mile?

imagination30

felt like i had to get out and run after work ... been bogged down .. as of late needed to clear my head and as of well I need to get back in running shape ... for disney lol i hate not running.. i feel the weight add on when i dont .. ( and i feel gross) , but thank good ness for the rain today to cool it off to 84 , but it was still muggy .. but did 3.67 . bringing my total for the year so far to 231.94. * and to note july was my lowest milage total.. this year .. at 9.21.

Mad Stitch

4 miles were on the schedule tonight. As I'm walking the dog dark clouds and thunder begin to roll in. Regardless, I think to myself "I can beat the rain." I get the dog home and start my run. A half mile into the run: flash, BOOM! Nope, I turned around and headed for home. I don't mind getting wet, but running in lightening is entering dangerous territory.

Mad Stitch

Saturday - 13.5ish miles as part of a Long Training Run put on by New York Road Runners to get people in shape for the marathon. For $10 you get 5 water stops on the 4-6 mile loop, pacers, sprinklers, bag check, port-o-potties, and Gu, bananas, pretzels, and bagels, etc. These training runs sell out every year and I find them really enjoyable, I love not having to carry any water, or think about pacing, and the camaraderie is pretty strong. I stuck with the 9 minute/mile group and found two nice women to chat with for about 10 miles that made this run fly.

That's an interesting idea. I've never heard of anything like that before.

Texas84

3-4-3 finished for the week. You can see the humidity in the air and it's hard to breathe. So ready for fall.

Off to the doctor this afternoon for an EMG on my right leg. Sounds like fun.

JillC LI

Got up early this morning to do 5 miles before work - more than I usually do on a weekday, but I may be tied up this weekend. Even thought it was only 5:45am, it was actually difficult to breathe before I even got started from the humidity and heat. Kept it slow and finished strong though.

Texas84

Went to the foot doctor yesterday for the EMG and they determined I have some mild nerve damage in both feet. It's just worse on the right foot. Doc gave me a vitamin B compound prescription to heal the nerves and showed me an awesome calf stretch that hurts so good. Also recommended some insoles with arch support. These things are solid plastic but they feel great in the shoes.

This whole process has been very educational. Everyone I deal with in the doctor's office is a runner and they love to talk about it. Actually looking forward to my follow-up next month.

Bottom line: Doc says keep running. :)

JillC LI

Went to the foot doctor yesterday for the EMG and they determined I have some mild nerve damage in both feet. It's just worse on the right foot. Doc gave me a vitamin B compound prescription to heal the nerves and showed me an awesome calf stretch that hurts so good. Also recommended some insoles with arch support. These things are solid plastic but they feel great in the shoes.

This whole process has been very educational. Everyone I deal with in the doctor's office is a runner and they love to talk about it. Actually looking forward to my follow-up next month.

Bottom line: Doc says keep running. :)

Sounds like a serious diagnosis but it's great that you have people helping you that really understand your needs and end goal of wanting to continue running. I hope the arch supports help.

LindsayLoves

@Texas84 - glad to see you are getting answers and that you actually like going to the doctor :eek:

Just finished up 4.27 mi for runch. I haven't run since Monday for various reasons (volunteering for the NYC street tree census, high heat and humidity, and thunderstorms) so it was definitely a much needed run. Plus I ate my lunch at 10am when I was starving this morning so its not like I had anything else to do. :D

Texas84

Thanks everybody. The doc is telling me this isn't serious, just annoying and he is sure he can fix it without surgery.

This is the stretch they asked me to do. Disclaimer: I'm still in that camp that believes a runner shouldn't stretch unless a doctor tells you to do it. You have to figure out what is best for you. If you've done a bunch of halfs and fulls I'm sure you already know what to do.

Texas84

8 mile run this morning, humidity was obviously lower. 18 for the week. Didn't realize my right foot was going numb. Getting some feeling back already.

imagination30

6.30 this afternoon , 91 it was kinda hot but there was a nice breeze.. , so it didnt feel to bad , but now i think i got a sun burn bc my arms hurtlol! , but amping iup miles only gets better from here! ... so far for the year, 238.24

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom