The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

betty rose

Fine! But, it is so boring! And as I sit, the house looks yuckier and yuckier.:mad:
I was laid up for 3 month's to avoid back surgery. A long time ago, it drove me crazy, until I decided to watch every episode of the original Bob Newhart shows. I laughed myself through those 3 month's. And just about learned the lines to every show. (I watched them more than once!):joyfull:

MouseDreaming

Well I'm off to a birthday party...who's birthday party?! It's Disneyland's party. Heading out to California for a few days. I will try to post some while I'm out there but I definitely will when I come back. I don't know if anyone else has noticed but my app for this site on my phone has been buggy lady. It won't let me post pictures and randomly exits and goes to an ad. Anyone else have that issue? Later peeps!
Have a wonderful time! I am looking forward to your pictures.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
My little guy just realized he's spending his next birthday in the car all day and he wants me to fell sorry for him. I don't think so LOL

I spent most of my 40th in a chair with some young lady sticking needles in my skin . So a car ain't that bad.just watch out when he blows the candles out on his cake lol

seahawk7

Well I'm off to a birthday party...who's birthday party?! It's Disneyland's party. Heading out to California for a few days. I will try to post some while I'm out there but I definitely will when I come back. I don't know if anyone else has noticed but my app for this site on my phone has been buggy lady. It won't let me post pictures and randomly exits and goes to an ad. Anyone else have that issue? Later peeps!
Be safe and have fun.

Cesar R M

Okay, some thoughts on Windows 10 now that I've been using it a bit...

Pros:
  • Desktop to tablet mode: A very smooth transition. After being used to Windows 8, it was a bit confusing, but now I see the functionality of it more.
  • Speaking of the desktop, using it with a mouse and keyboard is much nicer than it used to be with 8. It feels very intuitive. Nice that apps now run within the desktop while in desktop mode.
  • Cortana: I find I use her the most when I can't find my app and/or am being extremely lazy.
  • Battery: Now you can see how long it will take for your battery to fully charge, how your battery is being used, and more battery information and settings.
  • Mail: Much nicer. Much faster. Like it much better.
  • Multiple desktops: Possibly my favorite new feature. Much more easy to stay organized while working
  • Action Center: Much improved. Good place to find notifications for all the apps instead of them disappearing into cyberspace
  • Microsoft is listening to us! There is an entire area for feedback. You can make suggestions, and they are publically posted. Then, people can upvote the ones they like. I haven't written any suggestions, but have done a lot of upvoting.
Cons:
  • Battery life on my tablet has not been as good. Reduced memory as well.
  • Why did they move the personalization settings from Control Panel to the new settings menu? Freakin'. Annoying. And more confusing than before.
  • Display driver has now failed twice. Probably will have to reinstall.
  • Netflix tends to freeze
  • Snapping screens is terrible now. Was much better in Windows 8.
  • Sorry Microsoft. After IE, I don't trust Edge. Staying stuck in my ways and using Chrome.
  • Some are reporting no sound after upgrading.

So should you upgrade?
There are definitely still bugs in Windows 10, but overall, it's a solid operating system. If you have Windows 8 and hate it with a passion, go ahead and upgrade now. If you have Windows 7 or don't particularly dislike Windows 8, you might want to wait until there are a few more updates. Like I said, some are reporting no sound, and there are definitely driver issues for some (like the display driver on mine)

I used Windows 8 on my laptop after getting Windows 10. That was when I realized what an improvement Windows 10 is
I think you should upgrade your videocard drivers directly to the manufacturer.
both Nvidia and AMD released drivers for their cards.. because the default windows one was not 100% stable.

And as addenum, I really like the new charms bar.. way more options and institutive.

Cesar R M

I don't know about that. I think maybe people are angry because they feel this person should have known better, but when it's something like Sandy Hook, people may not be as angry because mental illness was a factor. Although there was outrage toward the mother of that murderer, since she taught him how to shoot, knew he was sick, and didn't do anything about it.
I agree.. also a lot of people are angry that they outright broke the laws and the person still claimed it was "legal". (if the article about the same dude killing other protected animals is right.. then the guy as no defence whatsoever).

Also, people feel outrage when they feel powerless..
We are bombarded 24/7 of bad things.. people have to vent.. the online outrage is one of the ways they vent.
even if some of these outrages is simply "first world problems". Its better to shout than to stand idly and let others do bad things untouched.
Because the culture of "let it go" of corrupt, psychopaths, murderers, etc.. breeds thanks to that culture.

my country for example, is suffering awfully because the criminals are 100% in charge.
Even the police and government works for them.

Cesar R M

I thought the females hunted for the group and the male was around for protection.
The male hardly fights anyway, most of the fights involved are about defending the territory against other males.
The females are the active ones, specially at night.

And my comment had nothing to do with the male lions or female lions. So I'm a bit baffled.

Anyway, if you see videos of lion prides in the savannah.. the majority just sleep almost all day and hunt at late afternoon/night.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom