Underrated/Overrated Sit Downs

aw14

On the buffet front...on rib night, I absolutely love Boma...the food is excellent IMO. Also love 'Ohana

I saw someone post earlier and I agree, Liberty Tree Tavern is better than I thought it would be. We went in 2006 and 2014 and I was really pleasantly surprised.

Sweet Melissa

Well yeah to some degree but when people say Applebees is better than Victoria and Alberts their personal taste is wrong and down right scary.,
I think people misunderstand. Underrated/overrated doesn't mean better/worse or even good/bad. If someone says that Victoria and Albert's is overrated and Applebee's is underrated, they're not comparing those restaurants to each other. They're comparing the restaurants to their relative hype.

Hockey89

I think people misunderstand. Underrated/overrated doesn't mean better/worse or even good/bad. If someone says that Victoria and Albert's is overrated and Applebee's is underrated, they're not comparing those restaurants to each other. They're comparing the restaurants to their relative hype.
Oh I understand.... I was flat out saying people have made that augment on this board so overrated/underrated doesn't have much meaning at times.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
I've read many people here describe Coral Reef as having the same quality of food as Applebee's...If true. it is overrated... And down right terrible...

I've been to Brown Derby a hand full of times.... Blah at best... Not bad for a lunch to get away from the heat for lunch....

It depends on your tastes and your price sensitivity. My wife just loves scallops so we're at any dining establishment that does them justice. The crab cakes are delicious as well. Lamb and duck are well prepared there so its good for us multiple sittings each trip.

The Coral Reef is off to the side and away from the maddening crowds so a quiet dining experience is welcome. Applebee's ? I had to look up their menu since we don't patronize that brand and its only similarity is maybe some meat names.

BaconPancakes

I would definitely say the Coral Reef was highly overrated. It was very cramped and loud as all get out. It was like ear splitting loud in there. Not at all relaxing or enjoyable in my opinion. The food wasn't that stand out either.

WildcatDen

Personal experience from the same trip -
Overrated - Le Cellier
Underrated - Shutters at CBR.

The best steak I had that week was from Shutters (Le Cellier and Brown Derby). Girls loved their pasta. In short, much better than I anticipated.

Club Cooloholic

Original Poster
I started this as I always used to hear Prime Time was great from posters and I found it was sorta dirty and nothing special. In retrospect Jiko is about right, people often love it and it really is a great meal. Underrated? Tokyo Dining. At least on meal plan as they have some amazing combos, I love the atmosphere and I rarely hear it lauded

ynahtebwdw

Overrated is DEFINITELY Le Cellier, we were so disappointed that everything was super salty. Have eaten at better steakhouses for cheaper.
Underrated Sanaa, consistently the best sit down on property for us (including some signatures) and yet it's always half empty

Club Cooloholic

Original Poster
Overrated is DEFINITELY Le Cellier, we were so disappointed that everything was super salty. Have eaten at better steakhouses for cheaper.
Underrated Sanaa, consistently the best sit down on property for us (including some signatures) and yet it's always half empty
I cant land a ressie for dinner on a Tuesday in August

Evil Genius

On the underrated side for us is 50's and Sci Fi. I know around here that seems taboo, but the ambiance was great in both, and the food was very good, not great.

We really dig Sci Fi and eat there at least every other trip.

50's Prime Time...we love the lounge...but the actual menu there is just too pedestrian for me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom