Trip Report I found us a table at Ohana, let's go back to Disney World

I visited WDW during Food & Wine last year and I realized I never finished editing my photos. What better way to motivate myself than to write a trip report?

Who am ? I'm gsrjedi, it should say so next to this post. There's a picture attached & everything. Feel free to read my previous trip reports at the following links: My first trip report: A visit to Cars Land, The Trip Report that was 23 years in the making, & We're going to DLP, We're not?, We Are?, OK!

If you don't have hours of free-time to read about my past adventures, let me introduce the cast of characters for this trip.

gsrjedi (me) - your fantastic scribe; despite living in Arizona my whole life, my earliest Disney memories are from my first trip back in 1989

Moms (that should be self-explanatory) - my mother; she tends to downplay her Disney love, but she's been more open about her love of the Parks recently

====================================================
We live in AZ, frequently visit DLR, & were just in the World in 2012. What brought us back so soon? Two things, we really loved WDW; and on that trip Moms learned of Ohana and was sad we couldn't get a table then. So in July of '14, I was checking out the My Disney Experience app and found a table at Ohana during Food & Wine. We already had an itch to go back, plus I love food! Plus, this time I had to visit (looks around the room for Disney executives), Universal, to check out Diagon Alley.

This trip had one interesting wrinkle. For a whole host of reasons, of which I was never fully clear on, we would be staying in 4 hotels this trips. We'd certainly be seeing a lot more of the resort this time.

LizC

Looks like you had another great day! The Yak Attack is one of my favorite drinks! Hope you got a zebra dome at some point. :hungry:

gsrjedi

Original Poster
Day 5 - 11/8/2014: Part 19: Back To Food & Wine

That Yak Attack packed a bit of a punch so I was feeling pretty good as I started on the Pangani Forest Trail. Parts of the trail were being refurbished, so there wasn't much too see. To make matters worse, instead of people flowing in one direction, people were coming and going on the same paths so it felt really crowded. Luckily, one of the gorillas had just had a baby and that little thing was so cute. I was eager to get back to Epcot for some more Food & Wine Festival so I made my way towards the bus.
DSC05079 by Michael, on Flickr
DSC05085 by Michael, on Flickr
IMG_0223 by Michael, on Flickr
DSC05093 by Michael, on Flickr
DSC05098 by Michael, on Flickr

An Epcot bus came to the bus stop right as I was walking up. Talk about good timing. I headed to the Festival Center to try and get a passport book and a small gift card. They were out of passports, but I got a free Godiva sample so it evened out. I put $50 on a gift card and headed out.
DSC05109_HDR by Michael, on Flickr
DSC05112 by Michael, on Flickr
DSC05114 by Michael, on Flickr
- a presentation was going on, but I don't know what it was on
- Godiva had a series of these, all made out of chocolate
DSC05129_HDR by Michael, on Flickr

Outside of Star Wars and Disney, I'm a big fan of anything free. I couldn't not stop in Club Cool since I was passing right by it. I've had the Beverly so I wasn't too disappointed they were out of it. I got my free soda tastings, but I can never remember which ones I end up liking.
DSC05135 by Michael, on Flickr
DSC05136 by Michael, on Flickr

This was the last weekend of Food & Wine and it was absolutely packed today. Every line was crazy long. It kind of killed that walk up and try something vibe since it looked like I'd be in line a minimum of 20 minutes. Eventually I found something I was willing to wait for. Canada's booth. We ate at Le Cellier previously, so I was definitely in for a cheaper version of the filet ($7.25) and my favorite, Canadian Cheddar Cheese Soup ($4.25). The soup was excellent of course, and the filet was very good, but not as good as I remember the actual Le Cellier version being last time.
DSC05142 by Michael, on Flickr - “Le Cellier” Wild Mushroom Beef Filet Mignon with Truffle Butter Sauce
DSC05144 by Michael, on Flickr - Canadian Cheddar Cheese Soup

Up next, I start a trip around the world

LondonGopher

Broken record time here...but you take OUTSTANDING photos. You and @fractal - when I see your pictures, I want to:

1. Sign up for photography lessons (though this would no doubt be hopeless, as my art teacher once told me!)

2. Book a holiday to WDW, despite my pledge to spend my theme park £££ at UNI until WDW gets its act together (hmm...would going to DLR count? ;))

I have NEVER noticed the "parking spaces" in Dinoland before. Just goes to show how much effort really went into making that land look so naff! :eek:

Keep it coming, please...

gsrjedi

Original Poster
Broken record time here...but you take OUTSTANDING photos. You and @fractal - when I see your pictures, I want to:

1. Sign up for photography lessons (though this would no doubt be hopeless, as my art teacher once told me!)

2. Book a holiday to WDW, despite my pledge to spend my theme park £££ at UNI until WDW gets its act together (hmm...would going to DLR count? ;))

I have NEVER noticed the "parking spaces" in Dinoland before. Just goes to show how much effort really went into making that land look so naff! :eek:

Keep it coming, please...

Thanks. I'd definitely recommend a trip to DLR especially if you've never been. The parks are extra nice with the 60th Anniversary celebration going on, I'm just saying...

I really don't like the cheddar cheese soup but I am still loving your TR and pictures.

Next to potato cheese soup is my favorite, especially ones without broccoli.

12in12

Thanks. I'd definitely recommend a trip to DLR especially if you've never been. The parks are extra nice with the 60th Anniversary celebration going on, I'm just saying...

Next to potato cheese soup is my favorite, especially ones without broccoli.
I have only ever tried Le Cellier cheese soup at F&W but thought it tasted more like a sauce than a soup. Rather have broccoli soup;)

gsrjedi

Original Poster
Day 5 - 11/8/2014: Part 20 - Eating My Way Around the World

After my steak and soup I continued deeper into Canada. O'Canada was about to start so I stayed to watch that. Circle-Vision is pretty confusing to watch, I found myself constantly looking around to see everything (and wishing I had a seat). I enjoyed the film and it made me want to visit Canada, so I guess it did it's job.
DSC05156 by Michael, on Flickr
DSC05157 by Michael, on Flickr
DSC05149 by Michael, on Flickr
DSC05158 by Michael, on Flickr

I continued onwards to the United Kingdom. I did a walk-through of the stores. I was mainly hoping to find some candies we don't get like Kinder Buenos or a Quality Street bar, but alas it was not to be.
DSC05163 by Michael, on Flickr
DSC05164 by Michael, on Flickr

I headed to France. I wanted to give the escargot a try during Food & Wine. That line was ridiculously long and I didn't feel like waiting forever. Other than F&W lines, my timing was working out nicely since Impressions de France was a couple minutes away. I was glad to see seats, but I may or may not have started to fight some sleep in the darkened theater. Another item I was looking forward to try was the macaroon ice cream sandwich at L'Artisan des Glaces. I opted for the chocolate on chocolate. I wanna hug whoever came up with that idea. So delicious. I had to stop for a Grand Marnier Orange Slush before I could leave France.
DSC05166_HDR by Michael, on Flickr
DSC05169_HDR by Michael, on Flickr
DSC05175 by Michael, on Flickr
DSC05176 by Michael, on Flickr
DSC05179 by Michael, on Flickr

The line for Belgium wasn't terrible so I hopped in line for a waffle and beer. I went with the potato and beef waffle ($4.25) with the Leffe Blonde beer ($3.50). I'm not much of a beer drinker and the Leffe Blonde did nothing to change that, but the savory waffle was very good.
IMG_0233 by Michael, on Flickr - Food & Wine crowds
- Potato and Leek Waffle with Braised Beef with Leffe Blonde

I finished my Belgian meal and popped into Morocco since it was right next door. I did a little browsing in the shops before getting in line at their F&W booth. I got the Kefta pocket ($5.00), which was probably my least favorite F&W food. It wasn't bad, it was kind of dry and could've used some sauce.
DSC05184 by Michael, on Flickr
DSC05191 by Michael, on Flickr - Kefta pocket: Ground seasoned beef in a pita pocket

Japan was my next stop. I took some pictures around the torii gate before getting in line at the Japan booth for the hand roll ($4.95) and a Sake Sunrise ($7.50), both were very good. It was getting close to the time I had told Moms I'd be back so after eating I made my way out.
DSC05194 by Michael, on Flickr
DSC05199_HDR by Michael, on Flickr
DSC05202_HDR by Michael, on Flickr
DSC05207 by Michael, on Flickr
DSC05208 by Michael, on Flickr - Spicy hand roll: Tuna and salmon with Kazan Volcano sauce with Sake Sunrise

Up next, we finally make it to Ohana

gsrjedi

Original Poster
Day 5 - 11/8/2014: Part 21 - Disappointment

Epcot is a pretty big place. From Japan, the buses were practically as far as far as you could be. Instead I decided to take a different route. I exited via the International Gateway and took a Friendship boat to Hollywood Studios where I caught a bus back to Animal Kingdom Lodge. It was kind of a round about way of getting there and it probably took me about an hour to get back; but I certainly didn't feel like walking all the way through the park.
- passing by the Yacht Club on the Friendship boat
DSC05212 by Michael, on Flickr - hello DHS!

While I was gone Moms had explored some more of the resort and found another view of the Savanna she really wanted to show me. It was an external staircase near our room that had a good view of the animals. I took a break for a while before we headed out for the evening.
- Moms view
DSC05215 by Michael, on Flickr

Moms is a big Pandora Jewelry fan. They happened to be starting a line of Pandora Disney charms and were having a launch event during our trip. She really wanted to go check out the new Pandora store at Downtown Disney before we headed to dinner. The Food & Wine half-marathon was going to be running tomorrow and Disney had started to close some of the roads that night. We chose to take the bus instead of getting lost with road closures. We got to Downtown Disney and headed to the Pandora store. The Pandora store is in the Marketplace Co-Op. It reminded me of Harrod's or Selfridge's if you've been to London. A group of separate stores in one building, and they aren't separated by walls. You can move freely, but buy your stuff at whoever sells it.

Moms bought a couple charms and we checked out some of the other stores in the building. One store had some home goods we hadn't seen before. Salt & pepper shakers that look like the various Disney park trash cans, plates with the attraction posters on them. Some really cool stuff and we wanted to buy a lot. We only bought a couple things; and I'm still kicking myself for not getting that vintage Disneyland sign, but I've seen it at DLR so there's still a chance. We didn't have anything else we were dying to do in Downtown Disney other than kill some time. We had a late ADR for Ohana so we got a pretzel to tide us over for now. We wandered in and out of some stores before going back to the bus. We had a brief wait before a bus came, but it filled up when we were next. Luckily though another bus to the Poly was right behind it.
DSC05216 by Michael, on Flickr
- salt & pepper shakers we bought a set of
- didn't buy these plates but I did get the one in the background that has the old Disneyland park map on it
DSC05223 by Michael, on Flickr

We stayed at the Poly on our previous trip and loved it. It was our first choice for this trip, but was incredibly expensive. On that trip Moms discovered Ohana when we were checking out the resort and wanted to eat there. Of course it was all booked up though. Ever since then it's been one of our main reasons to get back to WDW. I found this ADR before we had even really planned a trip.

We arrived and the Poly was still under refurb at the time. It was pretty sad to see the hotel in that shape. It didn't have the vibe we loved so much. We checked in and got a buzzer, but they told us they were running behind. We walked out to the boat dock and the Electric Water Pageant was starting right after we got there. We stayed to watch that before going back to wait. Our ADR was for 9:00PM, which is a terrible time for an ADR at Ohana. The reason is that people stay and watch the Magic Kingdom fireworks after they eat. So with our 9:00 ADR we didn't get seated until 10:00. By the time food came I was too hungry to take pictures. Maybe we had overhyped the place after wanting to eat there for a couple years; maybe it was having to wait an extra hour to eat; maybe it was the woman at the table next to us who was talking very loudly during the entire meal; or maybe the food just wasn't that good. After all this time though we were disappointed with Ohana. I did really like the steak though, and the bread pudding was amazing and I wish we had saved some room for that. I'd be willing to give it another try, but I don't think Moms would.

DSC05233 by Michael, on Flickr - Grand Floridian
DSC05238 by Michael, on Flickr - Electric Water Pageant

DSC05250 by Michael, on Flickr - I think the Lapu Lapu was the only thing that made the wait bearable
DSC05251 by Michael, on Flickr - I had recovered enough to take a picture of the amazing bread pudding.

By now it was around 11:30 and we had to figure out a way from hotel to hotel. The biggest weakness in Disney transportation. We took the monorail to MK, then a bus to AKL. The bus ride took even longer since they couldn't go the direct route due to the closed roads. We ended up on a road that took us behind Animal Kingdom. It reminded me of Jurassic Park going that way. We got back to the room and zonked out for the night.

Tomorrow, our last hotel

gsrjedi

Original Poster
Work has been crazy busy for me this last week. I finally got the next day's worth of photos edited so I can continue.

Day 6 - 11/9/2014: Part 22 - Barnstormin' the Mine Train

Today we would be checking out of Animal Kingdom Lodge and heading to our fourth and final hotel for the trip. The knowledge that this next hotel would be our last started to bring out those end of trip thoughts into my head. There weren't many animals out in the savannah outside of our room. I went and checked out mom's staircase viewing spot and sure enough all the animals were in that area. It must have been breakfast time since they were all chowing down.
DSC05258 by Michael, on Flickr
DSC05262 by Michael, on Flickr

We packed up our stuff and headed to the car to load up. I spent some more time in the lobby taking pictures.
DSC05277 by Michael, on Flickr
DSC05278_HDR by Michael, on Flickr
DSC05281_HDR by Michael, on Flickr
DSC05284_HDR by Michael, on Flickr
DSC05287_HDR by Michael, on Flickr

Today was the day we were able to snag fastpass+ for Seven Dwarfs Mine Train. Initially we had times for later in the evening, but I was able to change them to 11 in the morning. Just with a 5 minute difference for each of us. It's really weird how the system works to find times. We hopped on the railroad and took a trip to Fantasyland.
DSC05293_HDR by Michael, on Flickr
DSC05297 by Michael, on Flickr

When we got off the train we decided to ride The Barnstormer. It's right about our speed and the wait was only like 10 minutes. We both thought it was a pretty fun little coaster.
- Space Mountain from the Barnstormer queue
DSC05314 by Michael, on Flickr
DSC05311 by Michael, on Flickr
DSC05313 by Michael, on Flickr

One of Moms favorites is Dumbo and since it was right next door and had a minimal wait we got in line. It's Dumbo, I don't really know what else to say about it.
DSC05320 by Michael, on Flickr
DSC05328 by Michael, on Flickr

Afterwards we had about 15 minutes to kill before our Seven Dwarfs time was available. We wandered around New Fantasyland while I took some pictures.
DSC05330 by Michael, on Flickr
DSC05333 by Michael, on Flickr

Our time had finally come and we entered the fastpass queue. We had about a 15 minute wait before boarding a train. I enjoyed the ride, it didn't blow me away but neither was I terribly disappointed. I guess the most telling aspect of it is that I just don't remember that much about my one ride on it. Hopefully I'll get a few more rides in on my next trip.
DSC05335 by Michael, on Flickr
DSC05347 by Michael, on Flickr
DSC05353 by Michael, on Flickr

Up next, more MK

gsrjedi

Original Poster
Day 6 - 11/9/2014: Part 23 - The Haunted Mansion Store Is Dangerous to Wallets

Our visit to the mines successful, we headed towards Tomorrowland. I had moved my fastpass+ for Space Mountain up, so we stopped at Tomorrowland Terrace for a quick lunch to kill some time. We're fans of the make-your-own-burger toppings bar they have there. Moms got a burger and side of green beans and I wasn't too hungry, so I just got some chili cheese fries. Moms doesn't do Space Mountain, so she did some shopping while I rode. I prefer the DLR version, but still find this one enjoyable, plus the "futuristic" scenes you pass by on the way out are cool.

DSC05356 by Michael, on Flickr

I joined Moms in shopping when I got off and ended up buying some Star Wars character cars. We were in the area, so the Peoplemover was a must do. Moms keeps trying to get me to start a Facebook group to bring it back to Disneyland.

We started to make our way towards Liberty Square to check out Memento Mori, which had opened shortly before our trip. Along the way I couldn't resist taking more pictures of the Castle.

DSC05374 by Michael, on Flickr
DSC05367_HDR by Michael, on Flickr
DSC05373 by Michael, on Flickr
DSC05375_HDR by Michael, on Flickr
DSC05379_HDR by Michael, on Flickr
DSC05385_HDR by Michael, on Flickr
DSC05394_HDR by Michael, on Flickr

Haunted Mansion is one our favorite rides. I like all three versions I've been on (with Phantom Manor being my favorite) and I even enjoy a couple rides on the Holiday overlay version in DLR. So a Haunted Mansion themed gift shop was a place we really wanted to check out. Both of us were excited about so many things in there. We ended up purchasing quite a few things. Easily the most we had spent so far. It was well worth it though.
DSC05397_HDR by Michael, on Flickr
DSC05407 by Michael, on Flickr

About this time we decided to head out and check in to our next and last hotel stay for the trip. We took a boat to the Poly and then walked to our car from there.
DSC05410 by Michael, on Flickr
DSC05412 by Michael, on Flickr
DSC05415 by Michael, on Flickr
DSC05416 by Michael, on Flickr - those bungalows look like an awesome place to stay

We got in the car and headed off property to Publix so we could pick up some more snacks for the room. I'd heard lots of good things about their sandwiches I just had to try one since I had such a small lunch. It was good, but I'm not sure it lived up to the hype.
- I take pictures of grocery stores sometimes

Up next, our last hotel :(

LondonGopher

I take pictures of grocery stores sometimes

LOL!

I remember the first time I visited The (American) South. I was very excited indeed to get a picture of...The Piggly Wiggly! Just like in Driving Miss Daisy...:geek:

It's funny - DS (8) and I were going through some pictures the other day and we came across that one. He was...confused. But I think I'm going to scrapbook it! :)

The photos are still making me green with envy...and I think I "need" those attraction plates...:cautious:...are they china or melamine?

Caught up on your report. Continuing to love your pictures. You had some of my favorites at Food and Wine (and Epcot) - love the cheddar cheese soup, the waffle in Belgium, and the slush drink from France. Yum!

gsrjedi

Original Poster
LOL!

I remember the first time I visited The (American) South. I was very excited indeed to get a picture of...The Piggly Wiggly! Just like in Driving Miss Daisy...:geek:

It's funny - DS (8) and I were going through some pictures the other day and we came across that one. He was...confused. But I think I'm going to scrapbook it! :)

The photos are still making me green with envy...and I think I "need" those attraction plates...:cautious:...are they china or melamine?

The attraction plates are melamine. I try not to use mine with anything that requires a knife so I don't scratch it up too much.

gsrjedi

Original Poster
Day 6 - 11/9/2014: Part 24 - Getting Our Yacht On

After our snack run, we headed to our final hotel stay. The Yacht Club. I was excited to check out Stormalong Bay more than anything. We checked in and of course, my Magic Band had been deleted from the stay. At this point it was just easier to get a new MB just for this room stay and use my other ones for park entrance. This helped to balance me out though with a MB on each wrist. We had a room near the quiet pool and it was quite a walk from the lobby. It was close to an exit near the dock for the Friendship boats though. The décor of the room definitely wasn't too our taste.
DSC05420 by Michael, on Flickr
DSC05419 by Michael, on Flickr
DSC05421 by Michael, on Flickr
DSC05422 by Michael, on Flickr
DSC05424 by Michael, on Flickr

We rested for a bit and eventually headed out to check out more of the resort. The dock and beach area is pretty great. Walking through Stormalong Bay made me want to jump in right then.
DSC05427 by Michael, on Flickr
DSC05428 by Michael, on Flickr

Magic Kingdom was our destination for the evening. We arrived and slowly made our way up Main Street. Taking in the Christmas ambiance at night.
DSC05438 by Michael, on Flickr
DSC05440 by Michael, on Flickr
DSC05441 by Michael, on Flickr
DSC05448 by Michael, on Flickr

We got to the Castle and headed through it on our way to Fantasyland. They were getting ready for some nighttime show and apparently they close off the walkway through the Castle for the show. The thing is the CMs just came by with a rope with very little warning and no compassion. This happened as we came to the exit. We were walking at different paces and I made it through before just before they started blocking people. I understand preventing people from coming in, but they didn't want to let the people who were already in the Castle through. They were telling those people to go back through the Castle and take one of the side paths. Moms was one of those people and she wasn't having any of that. They eventually let her through.

We were getting hungry and the mac & cheese from Friar Nook's sounded good. It definitely hit the spot, I love mac & cheese and this was not a bad version at all.
DSC05496 by Michael, on Flickr
DSC05513 by Michael, on Flickr
DSC05518 by Michael, on Flickr - I find these walls odd; they look fine, but since they're not connected to anything they're just in the middle of the way

We were right next to The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh and Moms had never ridden it so we hopped in line with about a 20 minute wait. The interactive queue is pretty neat. Out trip through the Hundred Acre Wood complete we started towards Liberty Square. A quick stop at the Tangled restrooms, then we rode Haunted Mansion.
DSC05520 by Michael, on Flickr
DSC05522 by Michael, on Flickr
DSC05529 by Michael, on Flickr

We were just walking along and ended up in Adventureland. I love corny jokes so the Jungle Cruise is one of my favorites. The wait was only about 10 minutes so we hopped in line. Being Christmas time, they had changed the ride to Jingle Cruise and added some Christmas items to the jungle along with some holiday "humor". Our skipper, Mike, was fantastic. He had great energy and delivery. Everyone on the boat was cracking up.
Here's a short video of our ride

By now it was getting close to 10 and we were starting to drag. We made our way out of the park as Wishes was going off. They had us exit "backstage" behind Main Street, so it was neat getting to see the backside of buildings. We just went back to the room and crashed.
DSC05532 by Michael, on Flickr - Swiss Family Treehouse
DSC05534 by Michael, on Flickr
DSC05537 by Michael, on Flickr - Yacht Club lobby

Up next, our final full day

gsrjedi

Original Poster
Day 7 - 11/10/2014: Part 25 - I've Got the UK All To Myself

We woke up this morning and Moms wasn't feeling too good again. She decided to rest in the room while I visited Epcot. I remember I had to get something from the car, but I don't remember what. All I know is I took my camera with me.
DSC05538 by Michael, on Flickr
DSC05539 by Michael, on Flickr

I opted to take a Friendship boat to Epcot instead of walking. I took a bunch of photos while waiting for the boat.
DSC05541 by Michael, on Flickr
DSC05543 by Michael, on Flickr
DSC05547 by Michael, on Flickr
DSC05549 by Michael, on Flickr
DSC05552 by Michael, on Flickr
DSC05553 by Michael, on Flickr
DSC05556 by Michael, on Flickr

DSC05560 by Michael, on Flickr
IMG_0257 by Michael, on Flickr

I entered Epcot via the International Gateway and World Showcase wasn't open yet. I didn't mind though, that meant empty pavilions. I headed towards Future World where I had a FP+ for Living With the Land. On the way I stopped to enjoy a basically empty United Kingdom. I enjoyed being able to take photos in the day with not as many people around. Next time I may just have to spend a morning walking through an empty World Showcase.
DSC05566 by Michael, on Flickr
DSC05567 by Michael, on Flickr
DSC05568 by Michael, on Flickr
DSC05570 by Michael, on Flickr
DSC05571 by Michael, on Flickr
DSC05572 by Michael, on Flickr
DSC05574 by Michael, on Flickr
DSC05575 by Michael, on Flickr

Up next, I head to the "Future"

gsrjedi

Original Poster
Day 7 – 11/10/2014: Part 26 -

Having rolled solo through England I made my way towards Future World for my Living With the Land FP+. I was happy with the photos I took in Canada a couple days before so I didn't stop there. I did have to stop and take a picture of the Imagination Pavilion with a monorail passing by. I only had to wait about 5 minutes for monorail Green to come through.
DSC05578 by Michael, on Flickr
DSC05579 by Michael, on Flickr
DSC05581 by Michael, on Flickr
DSC05590_HDR by Michael, on Flickr

I got to The Land and there was quite a line for Living With the Land. I was glad to have a FP+. I didn't have a long wait before boarding the boat. LWTL was one of my favorite rides previously and I was slightly underwhelmed this time. I think because this time there weren't as many fruits and veggies on the branches. Instead of these amazing 9-pound lemons, it was just a tree branch. I hadn't really thought about the time of year affecting this ride, but it makes perfect sense. It's a shame Moms wasn't feeling good, I think she'd really enjoy the Behind the Seeds Tour. I'll just add it to the list for the next trip.
DSC05593 by Michael, on Flickr
DSC05595_HDR by Michael, on Flickr
DSC05605 by Michael, on Flickr
DSC05606 by Michael, on Flickr
DSC05607 by Michael, on Flickr
DSC05608 by Michael, on Flickr - "lettuce" show you this Mickey head

I wanted to explore the Aquarium in The Seas since other than eating at Coral Reef we didn't really check it out last time. That was my next stop. I was trying to get a lot done today and rushing a little more than usual. Otherwise I couldn't spent quite a long time there in all those viewing areas.
DSC05614 by Michael, on Flickr - I think this teacher lost his students
DSC05615 by Michael, on Flickr

I know I rode Journey Into Imagination on my first trip to WDW back in '89, but I don't have the memories of the ride to make me hate the new version. I enjoy it and since the wait was only about 5 minutes I got in line.
DSC05616 by Michael, on Flickr
DSC05619 by Michael, on Flickr - this made me sad
DSC05622 by Michael, on Flickr

The fountains around the Imagination Pavilion are great, so after exploring my Imagination I hung around and took some more photos.
DSC05630 by Michael, on Flickr
DSC05634_HDR by Michael, on Flickr
DSC05637_HDR by Michael, on Flickr
DSC05643_HDR by Michael, on Flickr
DSC05651_HDR by Michael, on Flickr - had to stop for a slightly different view as monorail Green passed by again.

Up next, more Food & Wine and goodbye to Epcot

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom