The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Okay, some thoughts on Windows 10 now that I've been using it a bit...

Pros:
  • Desktop to tablet mode: A very smooth transition. After being used to Windows 8, it was a bit confusing, but now I see the functionality of it more.
  • Speaking of the desktop, using it with a mouse and keyboard is much nicer than it used to be with 8. It feels very intuitive. Nice that apps now run within the desktop while in desktop mode.
  • Cortana: I find I use her the most when I can't find my app and/or am being extremely lazy.
  • Battery: Now you can see how long it will take for your battery to fully charge, how your battery is being used, and more battery information and settings.
  • Mail: Much nicer. Much faster. Like it much better.
  • Multiple desktops: Possibly my favorite new feature. Much more easy to stay organized while working
  • Action Center: Much improved. Good place to find notifications for all the apps instead of them disappearing into cyberspace
  • Microsoft is listening to us! There is an entire area for feedback. You can make suggestions, and they are publically posted. Then, people can upvote the ones they like. I haven't written any suggestions, but have done a lot of upvoting.
Cons:
  • Battery life on my tablet has not been as good. Reduced memory as well.
  • Why did they move the personalization settings from Control Panel to the new settings menu? Freakin'. Annoying. And more confusing than before.
  • Display driver has now failed twice. Probably will have to reinstall.
  • Netflix tends to freeze
  • Snapping screens is terrible now. Was much better in Windows 8.
  • Sorry Microsoft. After IE, I don't trust Edge. Staying stuck in my ways and using Chrome.
  • Some are reporting no sound after upgrading.

So should you upgrade?
There are definitely still bugs in Windows 10, but overall, it's a solid operating system. If you have Windows 8 and hate it with a passion, go ahead and upgrade now. If you have Windows 7 or don't particularly dislike Windows 8, you might want to wait until there are a few more updates. Like I said, some are reporting no sound, and there are definitely driver issues for some (like the display driver on mine)

I used Windows 8 on my laptop after getting Windows 10. That was when I realized what an improvement Windows 10 is

Thank you for continuing to share your W. 10 experiences with us.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
The best way I can compartmentalize is there is lots to be upset about in this world of ours. None necessarily more outrageous than the other when looked at individually as they tend to be all horrific. I look at starving children and am equally sickened. I see entire families homeless here and living under a viaduct in our lovely country and it makes me sad or mentally altered people who go on rampages 'cause privacy laws keep those closest to them ignorant. It is all bad and all so out of my direct control.

Yet today I read about a young Downs Syndrome child who saved her 3 year old sister from drowning in a pool and I have faith again.
It is how I cope with our world, good and bad.

Well stated.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Dinner hour is approaching here too, but I have no idea what we are going to be having for dinner.
I just put some beans into soak. Friday is always Clean Fridge Friday here. It's the day everybody eats left overs and empties out me fridge. After yesterday I'm lucky to have some raw veggies left. First time I've had to cook on a Friday in I don't remember how long

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom