Nineteen Eighty-Four Competition Arena

ToInfinityAndBeyond

Okay. Still on the road, but I'll type this from my phone. Forgive the lack of media, but my computer is in the middle of a packed up moving truck.

Ears:

The story is told from a first-person perspective. It is animated in the style of Paperman, but in color. There is no soundtrack during the short. Ambient sound and clever sound effects are used to help tell the story.

The story begins in darkness with the sound of tape being ripped open and suddenly the screen floods with light. The scene before you is out of focus until a pair of hands lifts you up. You see a quick, bright glimpse of a Victorian shop interior as you are placed up high onto a shelf in front of a window that faces the bright sun outside. As you move to your window space, the image is slowly brought into focus. For a few seconds, all is peaceful and you can hear ambient sounds of the shop and the tweeting of birds.

You hear sounds of a fanfare and cheers in the distance. Suddenly, a crowd rushes by outside your window in a flash. Then more and more people flash by, the sound of joyous screaming, laughing, and hundreds of footsteps drown out the sounds of the shop. You can see the faces of the children, but you can't see the faces of the adults. (In general, you don't see the faces of adults throughout the short). In the foreground, a small boy runs up in front of your window and stares up at you. He points and runs off camera to grab a hand of a tall parent (whose face you cannot see) and pulls them into frame, pointing frantically at you, his enthusiasm muted as he is on the other side of the glass. You see him jump up and down happily, moving off frame with his parent.

You can hear tiny footsteps growing louder behind you. (All the while, you're still looking out the window at the enormous crowd flowing like a sea in front of you). Suddenly, you're being taken from the window and you flip around to face a close-up of the young child. He says: "This one," and he flips you around.

The only music (besides music in the background) begins to play softly through a montage. The montage is a series of scenes (each lasting 5-10 seconds) throughout a day at Disneyland, focusing on the many different sounds. Your viewpoint, is from on top of the young boy's head. Examples of scenes would be screaming on Big Thunder with the wind rushing by, the goofy music and happy haunts in the Haunted mansion, a Pirate air cannon whooshing by, Small World and it's unforgettable theme, the sounds and sights of the ice cream parlor, etc.

The day ends with a view of the Main Street Electrical Parade and an epic fireworks show. The montage ends in a shot of a slow walk down Main Street, with one last glance at your old window from the outside, your spot empty. You see pairs of Mickey ears on either side of your empty spot.

(On a side note, this is the first time you get a direct hint that you are a pair of ears. You see the shadow of the ears and other pairs off in the distance, but this is the first clear shot).

A shorter montage with 3 second cuts shows key moments of your trip all the way home, still on the boy's head. You are placed on a shelf in his room and are subjected to very short glimpses of time passing by, the boy growing into a teenager: video game sound effects to rock music, etc. The last scene (about as long as the first) is a scene of you being taken from the shelf by the boy. He is much older now, about 16, and you hear some other boys make disparaging comments and snickers. The boy looks at you with a look of pain and conflict and places you into a box. The box closes, you fade into darkness, and the sounds of tape seal your fate.

About four minutes have gone by at this point. You are in compete darkness for a few pregnant seconds. You hear soft sounds of muffled shuffling and a few resounding booms and you are blinded by light as the box rips open. You are lifted out of the box by a middle-aged man, who coughs as dust flies into his face. As the dust settles, you see a vaguely familiar face of the once young boy, now a grown man. He looks at you with curiosity that morphs into the look of a man who found his long-lost treasure. He smiles brightly.

The soft music plays again and the scene fades. The scene fades in to a familiar, yet different window (the shop has changed a bit over time, no longer displaying hats, but t-shirts and plushies instead). This time, you're looking in and two small girls are dragging the arms below you. You see a brief, blurred reflection of yourself as you walk into the shop. The two girls drag you to a mirror. This is the first glimpse of yourself. You are a pair of Mickey Ears on top of the head of the middle-aged man. He admires you in the rejection, and you see the same twinkle in his eye that he had when he was a kid. The short ends with two little girls walking up next to your reflection, wearing modern-day renditions of a Mickey Hat (like the glow with the show and princess themed ears). The man gives you one last satisfied look and the scene cuts to black.

(Sorry. Hope I didn't miss the deadline. We've been driving for two days. Almost to our final destination!)

Last edited:

Sam Magic

Okay. Still on the road, but I'll type this from my phone. Forgive the lack of media, but my computer is in the middle of a packed up moving truck.

Ears:

The story is told from a first-person perspective. It is animated in the style of Paperman, but in color. There is no soundtrack during the short. Ambient sound and clever sound effects are used to help tell the story.

The story begins in darkness with the sound of tape being ripped open and suddenly the screen floods with light. The scene before you is out of focus until a pair of hands lifts you up. You see a quick, bright glimpse of a Victorian shop interior as you are placed up high onto a shelf in front of a window that faces the bright sun outside. As you move to your window space, the image is slowly brought into focus. For a few seconds, all is peaceful and you can hear ambient sounds of the shop and the tweeting of birds.

You hear sounds of a fanfare and cheers in the distance. Suddenly, a crowd rushes by outside your window in a flash. Then more and more people flash by, the sound of joyous screaming, laughing, and hundreds of footsteps drown out the sounds of the shop. You can see the faces of the children, but you can't see the faces of the adults. (In general, you don't see the faces of adults throughout the short). In the foreground, a small boy runs up in front of your window and stares up at you. He points and runs off camera to grab a hand of a tall parent (whose face you cannot see) and pulls them into frame, pointing frantically at you, his enthusiasm muted as he is on the other side of the glass. You see him jump up and down happily, moving off frame with his parent.

You can hear tiny footsteps growing louder behind you. (All the while, you're still looking out the window at the enormous crowd flowing like a sea in front of you). Suddenly, you're being taken from the window and you flip around to face a close-up of the young child. He says: "This one," and he flips you around.

The only music (besides music in the background) begins to play softly through a montage. The montage is a series of scenes (each lasting 5-10 seconds) throughout a day at Disneyland, focusing on the many different sounds. Your viewpoint, is from on top of the young boy's head. Examples of scenes would be screaming on Big Thunder with the wind rushing by, the goofy music and happy haunts in the Haunted mansion, a Pirate air cannon whooshing by, Small World and it's unforgettable theme, the sounds and sights of the ice cream parlor, etc.

The day ends with a view of the Main Street Electrical Parade and an epic fireworks show. The montage ends in a shot of a slow walk down Main Street, with one last glance at your old window from the outside, your spot empty. You see pairs of Mickey ears on either side of your empty spot.

(On a side note, this is the first time you get a direct hint that you are a pair of ears. You see the shadow of the ears and other pairs off in the distance, but this is the first clear shot).

A shorter montage with 3 second cuts shows key moments of your trip all the way home, still on the boy's head. You are placed on a shelf in his room and are subjected to very short glimpses of time passing by, the boy growing into a teenager: video game sound effects to rock music, etc. The last scene (about as long as the first) is a scene of you being taken from the shelf by the boy. He is much older now, about 16, and you hear some other boys make disparaging comments and snickers. The boy looks at you with a look of pain and conflict and places you into a box. The box closes, you fade into darkness, and the sounds of tape seal your fate.

About four minutes have gone by at this point. You are in compete darkness for a few pregnant seconds. You hear soft sounds of muffled shuffling and a few resounding booms and you are blinded by light as the box rips open. You are lifted out of the box by a middle-aged man, who coughs as dust flies into his face. As the dust settles, you see a vaguely familiar face of the once young boy, now a grown man. He looks at you with curiosity that morphs into the look of a man who found his long-lost treasure. He smiles brightly.

The soft music plays again and the scene fades. The scene fades in to a familiar, yet different window (the shop has changed a bit over time, no longer displaying hats, but t-shirts and plushies instead). This time, you're looking in and two small girls are dragging the arms below you. You see a brief, blurred reflection of yourself as you walk into the shop. The two girls drag you to a mirror. This is the first glimpse of yourself. You are a pair of Mickey Ears on top of the head of the middle-aged man. He admires you in the rejection, and you see the same twinkle in his eye that he had when he was a kid. The short ends with two little girls waking up next to your reflection, wearing modern-day renditions of a Mickey Hat (like the glow with the show and princess themed ears). The man gives you one last satisfied look and the scene cuts to black.

(Sorry. Hope I didn't miss the deadline. We've been driving for two days. Almost to our final destination!)
Made it by an hour! I'll add yours into my reviews.

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster
My scores for @brb1006

Creativity: 8/10 One could call it a rip off, but I appreciated the amount of backstory put into Dracula's rivalry with the witch, and definitely felt like there was enough there to distinguish it from the Sandler version. Rather Pixar could get the rights to the Count Dracula character is another story, but everything was well established.

Detail: 9/10 As Joker said, we always appreciate when contestants take the time to go beat-by-beat through their presentations, so definite props there.

Realism: 7/10 If Pixar were to make a short about Dracula, this feels like a nice way they could go with it.

Presentation: 4/10 See Joker's comments. Definitely proof-read when it comes to formatting.

Total: 28/40

@ToInfinityAndBeyond first off, you didn't miss the deadline! :) I appreciate the effort you took to turn something in inspite of the difficult circumstances.

Creativity: 8/10 Definitely an interesting choice having a short based entirely on the concept of hearing.

Detail: 7/10 Lots of stuff here, but I'm not sure what the overall "Story" is meant to convey, or even if there is a story...

Realism: 4/10 I just don't see Pixar doing a short that's straight up set in a Disney park.

Presentation :5.5/10 I give you credit for bolding the title, at least. Getting a pass due to your circumstance.

Total: 24.5

This brings our combined totals up to...

1. @brinneydee 100.5/120
2. @Basketbuddy101 99.5/120
3. @gilm0114 87.5/120
4. @brb1006 79.5

@JokersWild and @Sam4D23 still need to grade @ToInfinityAndBeyond's project. @DisneyPrincess1993 has 40 minutes to turn her project in before missing the deadline.

JokersWild

Ears:

The soft music plays again and the scene fades. The scene fades in to a familiar, yet different window (the shop has changed a bit over time, no longer displaying hats, but t-shirts and plushies instead). This time, you're looking in and two small girls are dragging the arms below you. You see a brief, blurred reflection of yourself as you walk into the shop. The two girls drag you to a mirror. This is the first glimpse of yourself. You are a pair of Mickey Ears on top of the head of the middle-aged man. He admires you in the rejection, and you see the same twinkle in his eye that he had when he was a kid. The short ends with two little girls walking up next to your reflection, wearing modern-day renditions of a Mickey Hat (like the glow with the show and princess themed ears). The man gives you one last satisfied look and the scene cuts to black.

Why has Disney not made a commercial of this? This would be an incredibly spectacular Disney parks commercial.

However, I feel that this isn't a Pixar short. It's a Disney short. What you have is spectacular, I just see this more as a Disney short or commercial than a Pixar production.

Story is great. I love that there's no music, instead relying on the sounds of the scene. If I had any suggestion, it's that you could perhaps have revealed the Mickey hat earlier. Getting your first glimpse that the hat through a window reflection above the boy's head could be a really cool reveal while allowing viewers to know what they are seeing through the eyes of earlier rather than 1/4 through the film.

Overall, this was spectacular. I'm just not sure it's a Pixar short.
Creativity - 9/10: This is one of the most unique concepts of the bunch. Great job.
Detail - 8/10: Fine amount of detail. Doesn't really leave any questions.
Realism - 5/10: Again, this doesn't feel like a Pixar short to me. More like a Disney production.
Presentation - 7/10: No problems here. Perhaps a few pictures? Though you are on the road, so I can't fault you too much for that.
Total - 29/40

So, tiki's doing a show right now. So, once all of the reviews are in, I'll be tallying them all for tiki and announcing the first winner of the Power of Veto. Again, good luck to all of you.

Sam Magic

Why has Disney not made a commercial of this? This would be an incredibly spectacular Disney parks commercial.

However, I feel that this isn't a Pixar short. It's a Disney short. What you have is spectacular, I just see this more as a Disney short or commercial than a Pixar production.

Story is great. I love that there's no music, instead relying on the sounds of the scene. If I had any suggestion, it's that you could perhaps have revealed the Mickey hat earlier. Getting your first glimpse that the hat through a window reflection above the boy's head could be a really cool reveal while allowing viewers to know what they are seeing through the eyes of earlier rather than 1/4 through the film.

Overall, this was spectacular. I'm just not sure it's a Pixar short.
Creativity - 9/10: This is one of the most unique concepts of the bunch. Great job.
Detail - 8/10: Fine amount of detail. Doesn't really leave any questions.
Realism - 5/10: Again, this doesn't feel like a Pixar short to me. More like a Disney production.
Presentation - 7/10: No problems here. Perhaps a few pictures? Though you are on the road, so I can't fault you too much for that.
Total - 29/40

So, tiki's doing a show right now. So, once all of the reviews are in, I'll be tallying them all for tiki and announcing the first winner of the Power of Veto. Again, good luck to all of you.
DITTO for me...aka factor in Jokers total twice.

JokersWild

So, the results are in. Here are the rankings.

1. @brinneydee 100.5/120
2. @Basketbuddy101 99.5/120
3. @gilm0114 87.5/120
4. @ToInfinityAndBeyond 82.5/120
4. @brb1006 79.5/120

Meaning that @brinneydee has won the first Power of Veto. Now, assuming that she has decided to take herself off the block, it is now up to @Basketbuddy101 to replace the nomination. Thus, @Basketbuddy101 has decided to put @DisneyPrincess1993 on the block, instead of @brinneydee.

Your voting booth will be sent to you soon, allowing you to cast your vote privately and anonymously. Expect those later tonight.

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster
Okay, I'm not going to be online for a majority of the rest of the day and no matter which way @ToInfinityAndBeyond votes we'll be getting the same overall result, so I'm just going to announce it now.

By a vote of five to three...I'm sorry @DisneyPrincess1993

But you're going to have to stick with this insanity a little while longer :p

@brb1006, it gives me no pleasure to tell you that you are the first person evicted from the Nineteen Eighty-Four House. Please gather your belongings, say your goodbyes, and head out the front door.

That leads us into the second week. The people who can participate in this Head of Household competition are...

@IDInstitute
@Flippin'Flounder
@brinneydee
@DisneyPrincess1993
@ToInfinityAndBeyond
@gilm0114
@DisneyManOne
@mickeyfan5534
@Brer Panther
@GMR710

As outgoing Head of Household, @Basketbuddy101 will not be allowed to compete. With all that in mind, let's get to it!

Week Two Head of Household Competition:
"The Spinny Thing!"

CARPETS_1_998.jpg

This will be an incredibly simple Head of Household competition. Your goal is to design a "Dumbo" style spinning ride where vehicles are placed on arms and are allowed the ability to ascend and descend at the control of guests. This is one of the most cloned ride systems in the entire industry, and it will be your challenge to design a seemingly off-the-shelf ride in a unique and fun way. You may place your ride in any park from any company in the world. Be sure to give some detail as to where it's actually located, as that will contribute to your realism score.
Good luck HouseGuests, this project is due Saturday, August 1st at 8:00 PM Eastern.

Last edited:

DisneyManOne

Week Two Head of Household Competition:
"The Spinny Thing!"
Magic-carpets-of-aladdin-00.jpg

This will be an incredibly simple Head of Household competition. Your goal is to design a "Dumbo" style spinning ride where vehicles are placed on arms and are allowed the ability to ascend and descend at the control of guests. This is one of the most cloned ride systems in the entire industry, and it will be your challenge to design a seemingly off-the-shelf ride in a unique and fun way. You may place your ride in any park from any company in the world. Be sure to give some detail as to where it's actually located, as that will contribute to your realism score.
Good luck HouseGuests, this project is due Saturday, August 1st at 8:00 PM Eastern.

"The Spinny Thing"...is that a reference to Some Jerk with a Camera?

gilm0114

The Spinny Thing Competition:
The Flight of the Blue Umbrella

With the current update to Hollywood Studios in the works, Disney has released information on an expansion to Pixar place. This renovated area will now include more than just Toy Story. Pixar movies and shorts will be featured in this new area. One new attraction is The Flight of the Blue Umbrella. With the closing of the Studio Backlot Tour, Disney has plenty of room to work with in the expansion of this new area.

2mha6o2.png

The area circled in yellow, where the queue for the Studio Backlot Tour used to be located, will be the location of the ride. The Pixar expansion will extend back into the ride area for the backlot tour.

The ride will consist of 15 umbrella vehicles, each seating 4 guests. Using the handle of the umbrella, guests will be able to move their umbrella up and down as it spins around the center of the attraction. The attraction will last for 1 minute and 30 seconds.
monsters-ride-vehicle-with-russian-tourists-big.jpg

This design is similar to how the attraction vehicles will look for this ride. Guests will be seated (4 per umbrella, 2 rows of 2) in a black car, with a colored umbrella hanging above. The handle of the umbrella will curve under the car and come up in front of the 2 guests in the front row of the car.

The queue and the ride itself is set in the same city the short is set in, and during another rainstorm. Guests will follow the crowd as they wind through the queue, listening to the rain, the sounds of the city, and music from the short (Click Here). Upon closer inspection of the building and other inanimate objects in the queue, guests will notice they appear to have human features, similar to how they are viewed in the short. These inanimate objects may blink, smile, or even wave to guests as they are passing by.

At the end of the queue, guests will be instructed to grab their own umbrella (and enter their umbrella ride vehicle) and "head home" after a busy day in the city.

This ride will be a good addition to Disney's Hollywood Studios, as it offers another attraction for younger guests, who may not be ready to ride Rockin' Roller Coaster, Tower of Terror, or Star Tours.

DisneyManOne

Challenge 2--The Spinny Thing:
The Honey Tree
1326431308_13_honeytree.jpg

The highly-successful Fantasyland expansion highlighted four classic Disney films: Beauty and the Beast, The Little Mermaid, Dumbo and Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs. But however, I think there's one film they should've highlighted more: The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh. Given the new queue the ride got to blend in with the "Fantasyland Forest" aspect, it stands to reason that the surrounding area be expanded to give Pooh a bit more presence. With that, we give you The Honey Tree.
ipYTV2QMj
The Honey Tree is an all-new spinner ride in the vein of Dumbo the Flying Elephant, based on the classic 1966 featurette Winnie the Pooh and the Honey Tree. The ride stands where the Pooh meet & greet stands today (hence why the background in the drawing features the nearby Cheshire Cafe and the load area for The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh ride. Pooh and pals would move to a new place--maybe nearby the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train or something.). The queue is nothing remarkable--it'd use the same queue as the meet & greet would.

The "hub" for this "hub and spoke" ride would be the titular honey tree, complete with a giant hole in the middle, dripping honey. I don't know if I'd like to see a Pooh animatronic circling the other way as the vehicles, but that would be pretty neat. The ride vehicles themselves are giant blue balloons. The balloons will seat 2 people. In a style similar to the new Dumbo the Flying Elephant...

dumbo_the_flying_elephant_panels.gif
...as well as Prince Charming's Regal Carrousel...
265.JPG
...the base of the tree features picture panels re-telling the story of Winnie the Pooh and the Honey Tree. I picture the panels to be done in the style of the Animated Storybook CD-ROM game of the story.
hqdefault.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

s487938mj1c.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg
The ride is very much the same as any other spinner ride. The music that plays during the minute-and-a-half flight is an instrumental of "Little Black Rain Cloud". But however, at certain points, Pooh will warn guests that the bees are onto them, thinking you're out to steal their honey. We hear the noise of frenzied buzzing, then we hear Pooh cry "Look out!" With that, a random number of balloons will vibrate, giving the illusion that they've been stung.

But in the end, the buzzing fades, the balloons do their final simultaneous circle in the air, then come back down as an instrumental of "Winnie the Pooh" starts up.

The Honey Tree will definitely prove to be a bit of a game-changer in the "spinny thing" business, and will give kiddies something to do as their older siblings tackle the nearby Mine Train. So, until next time, T.T.F.N.--ta-ta for now!

Last edited:

Brer Panther

This one admittedly isn't my best work, but here it is...

Bird’s-Eye View
This new “spinner” attraction (as they’re commonly called) recently opened at the Land pavilion in EPCOT. In the center of the pavilion, where there was once a fountain, several colorful animals found in the Amazon Rainforest fly high into the air.

There are sixteen vehicles to choose from: fourteen colorful parrots, plus a toucan and a large purple-and-orange butterfly. All of these animals are rendered in a goofy, Disney cartoon style, just like the elephants who fly with Dumbo over at the Magic Kingdom and the triceratops that spin at Disney’s Animal Kingdom.

maxresdefault.jpg

The Toucan vehicle looks a bit like Clyde and Claude from the Enchanted Tiki Room, albeit with cartoonier features and black feathers.

Each vehicle also features two rows of two. Those in the front control how high the animal flies, those in the back can make the animal tilt forward or backward. The hub is cleverly disguised with trees and foliage, and below the vehicles is a small pond that the animals you fly on “splash down” into once the flight is over.

hqdefault.jpg

The parrot vehicles look a bit like the parrots in the picture above.

Surrounding the ride are also some trees, each one with an Amazon animal not capable of flight resting on a branch, such as a jaguar, a coati, a capybara, a tree sloth, an anaconda, an anteater, and a mischievous howler monkey who occasionally tosses a “fruit” at the vehicle (it vibrates, you smell fruit, and you hear the sound of a bird squawking, creating the illusion that you’ve been hit by a fruit). Try to avoid that monkey and you’ll have a smooth flight, yes-sir-ee-bob-a-rooniey…

junglebook-bagheera020.jpg

The animatronic jaguar who snarls at guests as they fly bears a striking resemblance to Bagheera the Panther from The Jungle Book.

mickeyfan5534

Trips to Imagination

53ac3595b548e.jpg

Just outside of the Imagination pavilion in EPCOT is a brand new ride. Based on concepts from Marvel's Figment comic series, creatures from Imagination are here to take you on a whirlwind tour of the land. A spinner with sixteen vehicles, shaped like different creatures able to hold two people each. Dreamfinder and Figment sit in the center of the ride in a Dream Mobile that spins with the ride. The ride is surrounded by imaginary creatures that can not fly such as unicorns, fauns, sphinxes, and mermaids. The ride vehicles are dragons, fairies, chimeras, and pegai, four of each. The ride lasts for a minute and thirty seconds and the music is an orchestral version of the 'Imagination' theme. Upon lift off, we hear Figment say "Up we go! Welcome to Imagination!" and upon going down, we hear Dreamfinder say "We hope you enjoyed your trip to Imagination, now stay seated until your creature comes to a complete stop. And may your day be filled with imagination."

Last edited:

GMR710

The Twister
photoz054.jpg

For my spinner ride I had one idea in mine only to find out that it already exists. So I tried searching the web for a new theme and I think I found it. In the 1970's a Wizard of Oz theme park was built in Beech Mountain, North Carolina called The Land of Oz unfortunately shut it's door in 1980. The one owner however has fixed up some of the park and does have events in the fall and you can even rent out Dorothy's house. I am envisioning this ride as part of a grand reopening and complete redesign of the park it's self.

2Plan-300x221.jpg

To me this is the ride that is going to set the tone for the entire park. As soon as you come through the gates this is your first impression. If you look at the Animal Kingdom when you enter the park there is that area before you walk into the forest and see the bridge to lead you to the Oasis. In the redesign for the land of Oz this is the center piece before you cross through a path which leads you to the land of Oz it self. The buildings and area surrounding the ride will of course be set in sepia tones to give you that blah Kansas feel. Around the ride will be different sets from the Kansas scenes to the right I imagine seeing Professor's Marvel Wagon and the carnival ground he was on. To the right is the barn from the farmhouse scene. Dead center is our spinner The Twister.

A2CW_1_20140425505960017.jpg

This is how I primarily see the spinner design. The major structor of the ride will be that of the twister that is where the arms will come out of that hold the ride vehicles. I will have Dorothy's house on top close to actual size there is a reason for that which I will get to in just a moment. The ride vehicles will be be 5 pigs, 5 cows, and 5 wagons for a total of 15 vehicles with each vehicle having only one row. The ride will last 3 minutes and 30 seconds. One interesting thing about the ride vehicles is that one faces to the right and the next faces to the left. So you ride facing someone to give it a more realist look that these objects we just grabbed off the ground by the twister. As the ride starts it starts off low working its way to the top of the twister. When it reaches the top that is when you finally get to control your vehicle which has two controls the basic one to make you go up and down and a newer control that lets you get your self closer and farther away from the twister just as if you were picked up by the twister. At a certain point the ride well stop from going clockwise and will reverse it self and go counter clockwise. This changes for each ride and is set up so no ride is similar like the Tower of Terror. You could fly in one direction the whole time or it can keep changing you as you ride. Another feature of the ride is that the Twister will have tiny vents that will be blowing out air to really give the illusion that you have been picked up by the Twister and are getting taken to OZ. Below are some concept pictures of the ride vehicles:

BiaEag58T.jpg

16694772-Funny-cow-cartoon-Stock-Vector-farm.jpg

farm_wagon_1__full-image.jpg

Ok so back to the part where I told you about the house on top of the twister. Normally when parents wait for there children that can only take pictures and see them from the outside of the ride. This spinner is going to change that. Those parents who will be waiting but would still like to be a part of the ride will also go in with the rest of there party. There will be a ride attendant that opens a hidden door on the side of the twister these guests will follow the employee up a spiral stair case which will lead them inside Dorothy's house. The door will shut and these guest will be here until the ride is over. From the inside of the house they will be able to look out from the windows where they can see the ride and there children. On one side of the house will be a window with a screen which will play the iconic scene from the movie. Below is a picture of what the inside of this house will look like.

6House.jpg

I believe that adding this extra to a simple ride will give it something unique that most styles of this ride don't have. I could see people just wanting to go to the top just to experience this portion of the ride. It's almost like two rides in one. I belive this can be done almost using the structure of expedition everest but on a smaller scale. The House and staircase would be built on its on stand. While the twister/spinner would have its own stand this would be the one that spins. By having two attendants ones job would be to usher the guests going to the house and once they are safely in they would hit a button letting the attendant who is controling the actual spinner that all guests are boarded and once you are good you can hit the start button. I think this spinner will be something special that only The Land of Oz will have. So come ride The Twister and fly to The Land of Oz.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom