Trip Report COMPLETED: Ex-Floridians take on Walt Disney World during summer

Aaaaaaand we're back! From July 9-14, 2015, my DW "M" and I ("B") stayed at Disney's Coronado Springs Resort. We had an AMAZING time and an absurd amount of fun! Here is our pre-trip report: The "OMG I can't believe we actually get to go now!" Pre-Trip Report

And here is our trip report!

Note: I have already written the entire TR like last time and will post a little at a time so I don't bombard this board with messages. Another note: My last TR was just over 11 pages in MS Word. This one is almost 21 pages and I'm still adding to the "Final thoughts" section. Another note (last one I promise!): All photos were taken on smartphone cameras. Some turned out pretty nicely! Some...just get the job done.

Day 1: Thursday

On Wednesday night we were originally planning to stay with DW's grandpa, where we had been the previous six nights; however, he lives 90 minutes away from the Milwaukee airport and he insisted on paying for us to stay in a hotel so we wouldn't have to get up quite so early. So instead of getting up at 2:15 we slept in until 3:45! We arrived at the airport with plenty of time to print boarding passes, check two bags (yay Southwest!), get through security, and eat a little breakfast.

tumblr_nrjxhwzSp71un92rjo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_nrjxhwzSp71un92rjo3_1280.jpg

Airport breakfast

tumblr_nrjxhwzSp71un92rjo5_1280.jpg

We had a whole row to ourselves on the plane!

tumblr_nrjxhwzSp71un92rjo6_1280.jpg

I don't think that's quite right, flight tracker...

Our flight was uneventful and we landed a bit early! Since we had used our good ol' yellow Mickey tags we went right to the DME check-in area. Our bus was already there and we only waited about ten minutes to start the drive to Disney.

tumblr_nrjxqcPcaz1un92rjo1_1280.jpg

Obligatory first Disney photo!

Coronado Springs was our first stop (yay!) and I went right to the check in desk since I hadn't received a room number text. We were originally planning to stay an extra night but a few weeks prior to arrival we decided to leave a day early; the Cast Member who checked us in still had the old dates in his system for some reason but I let him know and he said he would change it in the CSR system. We had decided to call this our anniversary trip (8 years together, 1 year married. The dates of the trip were between the two dates) so I had called ahead to add a note to the reservation. The CM gave us our red anniversary buttons and told us how to get to our room, which was already ready at 11:00am! We got all of our room requests: Cabanas, top floor, and close to transportation!

tumblr_nrjxqcPcaz1un92rjo2_1280.jpg

The Coronado entrance!

tumblr_nrjxqcPcaz1un92rjo3_1280.jpg

Almost there!!!

tumblr_nrjxqcPcaz1un92rjo4_1280.jpg

Yay fountain!

Our room was gorgeous! We are used to New York-sized accommodations from both living here and the times we had to travel here prior to moving, and our last two WDW onsite stays have been in Value resorts, so it seemed huge to us!

tumblr_nrjyot3bvR1un92rjo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_nrjyot3bvR1un92rjo5_1280.jpg

tumblr_nrjyot3bvR1un92rjo6_1280.jpg

Beds!
tumblr_nrjyot3bvR1un92rjo1_1280.jpg

TV and storage

tumblr_nrjyot3bvR1un92rjo4_1280.jpg

Bathroom area

tumblr_nrjyot3bvR1un92rjo7_1280.jpg

Curtains and ottomans

Next up: Epcot!

Last edited:

Goofnut1980

We keep thinking about moving down to Florida as I can handle the heat.. but then it gets 95 and humid here in Ohio and we are about to die! Maybe Ohio isn't so bad! Loved the TR.

bee

Original Poster
I loved Lekma, the Flower duet brought tears to my eyes.
Thanks again for doing such a great TR!
It's a good one! Thanks for following along!

I'm with ya on the beer, Disney has a decent variety throughout the bubble. Your picture here opened my eyes to something though. I always knew VN was over priced but this picture really solidifies that. That $30 bottle of Armacord Bruna can be had at Trattori al Forna on the Boardwalk for $17!! FWIW, the food at TaF is pretty awesome too! Our Bottle from Saturday, very good stuff:
Thank you for sharing! That's great to know. I had never though to try TaF but it is going on my list!

Never knew this! Luckily I've never ordered any at a restaurant ;) But it's good to know if I ever do.
You learn something new every day! Of course, if you are at most "Italian" chains in the US the servers won't know any better and will pronounce it with the "sh." But if you know the servers are Italian, be bold and show off your Italian diction skills!

That Ghirardelli drink looks to DIE FOR. I need that when I'm there!!
Do it! They also have a blended version of it and we've tried different flavors as well. They certainly beat Failbux!

Too much beer, too much schnitzel...:( Hah
Yep, it happens, haha.

Enjoyed your trip report so much! I adore Coronado Springs! Part of me wants to try another moderate but we loved it so much I figure why mess with what you know you love.

2nd- the rabbits! 8 trips to WDW and I never saw a rabbit up close while there. We saw two last time, one in the middle of DHS under a bench. I have House rabbits that use litterboxes, lol so this was a huge omen to me that my bunnies missed me while I was gone. ;)

The passholder boxes! Wow, we are upgrading our 10 day tickets while we are there, will they mail those to us? Or will we get them there?

All of the food and drink photos were amazing! I will definitely be trying that Margarita flight at some point this time.

Great report! Thanks for sharing, glad you had a good trip. 28 more days for me. :)
I'm so glad we upgraded to a moderate (I think it was only about $10 more per night than Pop was for those dates!) and got to experience Coronado. I do want to try POFQ some time, though like you said why mess with what works?

We couldn't believe how many rabbits we were seeing both at parks and at the resort! We also saw one at Epcot hop across a sidewalk near the International Gateway but s/he was too quick for me to get a photo.

When we upgraded at Guest Services at Epcot we were given the plastic RFID cards, then got MagicBands in the mail later. We already had Bands from our resort stay and previous visits so we didn't NEED the Bands but we did get the little Passholder sliders.

Glad you liked the food and drink photos! Disney is mostly about the food, right? The flight was great if you're like me and not a huge fan of flavored margaritas because you can try all the different flavors without committing to a giant version! And as you saw I ended up picking the classic one anyway, haha.

We keep thinking about moving down to Florida as I can handle the heat.. but then it gets 95 and humid here in Ohio and we are about to die! Maybe Ohio isn't so bad! Loved the TR.
Haha! We moved from Florida to New Jersey almost exactly one year ago and have not looked back! Even with our winter (which according to locals was bad but didn't seem that bad to me and I'm sure wasn't as bad as the winter you had in Ohio!) we are so happy to have left Florida. It's not all about the weather, but it might be like half about the weather?? I'm glad you enjoyed my TR!

You have obviously forgotten the lovely winter we had, and the really crazy June weather! Ohio IS that bad!!

@b33b33 Great TR! I really enjoyed reading it!
Uh oh, a weather war! I'm glad you enjoyed it, and thank you for reading!

bee

Original Poster
If anyone is interested, I found the info on the sparkling flight from Tutto Gusto:

tumblr_nsbi4hTl4e1un92rjo1_1280.jpg

Thank you so much to everyone who read, followed, liked, and replied! It was so much fun writing this TR and it was even more fun sharing it with you all and reading your responses. Now, I'm off to plan the next theoretical trip!

littleroo

Great trip report! Thanks for all of your honest and positive thoughts! I have many great new things to try, thanks to you both.

Lyear

What a fabulous, well-written trip report! You do such a good job of going into the details. And hooray for fellow vegetarians. I am constantly amazed at the amount of variety available to vegetarians in WDW, and how willing the staff is to work with you to make sure you get something you'll enjoy. Glad you'll get the chance to go back so soon.

bee

Original Poster
Great trip report! Thanks for all of your honest and positive thoughts! I have many great new things to try, thanks to you both.
Thank you! Trying new things is one of my favorite parts of any Disney trip and I'm glad I have helped you add to your list!

What a fabulous, well-written trip report! You do such a good job of going into the details. And hooray for fellow vegetarians. I am constantly amazed at the amount of variety available to vegetarians in WDW, and how willing the staff is to work with you to make sure you get something you'll enjoy. Glad you'll get the chance to go back so soon.
Thank you so much! I'm glad you enjoyed the details, as I was careful to take lots of pictures (way more than I posted here) so I'd remember everything for the TR later. Yay for vegetarians, and yay for great vegetarian food at Disney!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom