Possible Frontierland expansion

Bairstow

As much as we all want E tickets added, I don't think one will be added in the foreseeable future. This Park does not need new E tickets that draw more crowds away from the other 3 parks. The other 3 parks need the e tickets. The MK has a problem with crowds and I think we'll continue to see expansions that deal with crowds for the foreseeable future. I'm thinking an expansion that draws people away from the hub with a C ticket kiddy ride, a restaurant (maybe like DL's BBQ), a Woody meet and greet and bathrooms is more realistic thinking.

I'm not so sure that Disney sees the problem or solution as you do.
Their tendency to expand and improve the Magic Kingdom at the expense of the other 3 parks has been so pronounced that at this point it should be taken as strategy and not accident.

PorterRedkey

@marni1971 and @PhotoDave219: I'm well aware that Horizons did not close because of a sinkhole. I was making a joke, sorry if that wasn't clear.

Regarding Frontierland, can someone explain to me what Woody's Roundup actually is other than a component from the movie? What form would a Woody's Roundup ride take?

Knowing your posts, I optimistically took it as sarcasm, glad I was right.

PorterRedkey

a) I was quoting someone who quoted someone else, not you
2)
I too was joking!

a) I am not sure who you quoted has anything to do with if I should comment.

2) I guess I should have known that since your 'like' count was so huge and that meant you could not be a troll.
Horizons feels a little personal to me. I guess I just want to say sorry for overreacting.

III) Nothing to see here - move along.

Bairstow

I'm thinking smaller, a little area added with a C ticket attraction. The attraction will use the same ride mechanics as Mater's Junkyard Jamboree at DCA. It will be rethemed with Woody and have horses carrying little carts being bumped around the wild west. Nothing big, just a ride for the smaller kids. Oh and throw in a bathroom.

See, that's plausible but it's also super-depressing, considering that the Magic Kingdom already has a glut of flat rides and spinners and the rumor of a Toy Story Playland coming to the Studios with its own assortment of kinda-themed off-the-shelf kiddy flat rides would make a Woody-themed Zamperla anything seem redundant and lame.

Tell you what I do like, though, is the Big Thunder Ranch area at Disneyland, which combines live fiddle playing, petting zoo animals, and a western barnyard area. Woody appears there, but the area itself is not keyed to Woody.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
a) I am not sure who you quoted has anything to do with if I should comment.

2) I guess I should have known that since your 'like' count was so huge and that meant you could not be a troll.
Horizons feels a little personal to me. I guess I just want to say sorry for overreacting.

III) Nothing to see here - move along.
I'm not a troll. Everything I write is guaranteed to meet the absolute minimum standard to qualify as a joke or your money back!

Mawg

See, that's plausible but it's also super-depressing, considering that the Magic Kingdom already has a glut of flat rides and spinners and the rumor of a Toy Story Playland coming to the Studios with its own assortment of kinda-themed off-the-shelf kiddy flat rides would make a Woody-themed Zamperla anything seem redundant and lame.

Tell you what I do like, though, is the Big Thunder Ranch area at Disneyland, which combines live fiddle playing, petting zoo animals, and a western barnyard area. Woody appears there, but the area itself is not keyed to Woody.

This is what I'm thinking MK is getting except no petting zoo an add a Woody flat ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom