MAGICal DLP News, Rumours & Thoughts

peep

Frozen's popularity was shown once again by the fairly large amount of people who left after the segment, midway in Dreams.

This upsets me a lot. I just find it rude when people leave anything before it's over.

I think the Frozen Summer looks great and it'll do wonders for the Resort. Which it needs during a time of lots of closed rides for refurbishment.

Disneyland Berry tweeted this afternoon that the Stars 'n' Cars parade in the Studios will cease in July but will be compensated over both parks with a higher character presence. Personally I think this is good move. Roaming characters in the parks provide a better atmosphere (unless the crowds get too rowdy) and Stars 'n' Cars was awful.

Animaniac93-98

Original Poster

Animaniac93-98

Original Poster
A similar report on the major refurb list, but with an interesting note on Hotel Cheyenne:

http://www.dlptoday.com/2015/06/10/...enhancement-plans-for-10-classic-attractions/

"Disney’s Hotel Cheyenne will be the next hotel for a revamp after the current Disney’s Newport Bay Club works end — oddly announced as “something completely different”, the renovation will be done on a building-by-building basis without closing the hotel."

JDL30

Interesting rumours flying around the twittersphere at the moment of TWDC increasing their shareholding in Disneyland Paris to 78.9% - the highest controlled stake they've ever had in their European park. Hopefully after years of tarnishing the Disney brand in Europe, this means a more concerted effort by the parent company to improve the quality (and no doubt profitability of the parks). I wonder if we'll be hearing of a MyMagic+ type system being implemented in the run up to the 25th anniversary?

phrog

DLPs latest promotional videos feature...no kids. Whatsoever. Disney as an adult experience. Instead of the exlusive domain of a seven year old special snowflake in princess dress. Fantastic.

Surprise romantic weekend getaway to DLP with Jen!
amour5.gif

What hotel are they in that they can see the fireworks from their room?

The Empress Lilly

What hotel are they in that they can see the fireworks from their room?
The shot is taken from the Disneyland hotel.

Although only few rooms offer that view over the Main Street station to the castle. Unless you don't have to work for your money, or have peculiar priorities, I wouldn't get that view.

Animaniac93-98

Original Poster
Looks like the castle could do with another major refurb:

CKcnhI2WcAAas6t.jpg

Looks like water damage to me, likely from running Dreams on a nightly basis. Other photos from InsideDLParis show similar damage elsewhere on the building.

Animaniac93-98

Original Poster
Report posted on Miceage about Space Mountain following its reopening yesterday:

"The reopening will be on Saturday, July 25, 2015. We can now tell you that the technical renovations have given us a most amazing journey. Truth be told, we have never seen the attraction with as many special effects. Over time, many of the special effects were lost. We are happy to report that after six months of renovation, all is good and the projectors have been replaced for much better visuals in HD. In addition, Some projections (such as the SuperNova) have more contrast to make it more visible and bring out the details.

Beyond projections, the decorations are all operational with their lighting. Indeed, Space Mountain is now fully retrofitted to LED lighting. The effects of smoke have been implemented on the barrel and should be effective in the Galaxy Saturday. There is seemingly no change in the audio"

http://micechat.com/107020-disneyla...-yearsdisneyland-paris-space-mountain-update/

The Carousel in Fantasyland opened yesterday to and looks great from the pictures I've seen. The new control booths all have stained glass windows!

Animaniac93-98

Original Poster

Animaniac93-98

Original Poster
Following up on an earlier post regarding the condition of the castle...it's being fixed. Definately looking better now.

They're also refurbishing the roof of Phantom Manor to the intended delipidated look, instead of actually being neglected. I assume the rest of the house will follow. They already did the grounds and Boot Hill earlier this year.

Small World's refurb appears to be a very substantial one, as promised. Scaffolding is going up around the facade, they've drained the canal and they're ripping up and replacling the queue pavement...and that's just the outside.

FigmentForver96

Following up on an earlier post regarding the condition of the castle...it's being fixed. Definately looking better now.

They're also refurbishing the roof of Phantom Manor to the intended delipidated look, instead of actually being neglected. I assume the rest of the house will follow. They already did the grounds and Boot Hill earlier this year.

Small World's refurb appears to be a very substantial one, as promised. Scaffolding is going up around the facade, they've drained the canal and they're ripping up and replacling the queue pavement...and that's just the outside.
So good to hear

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom