'Jock Lindsey's Hangar Bar' concept art and construction at Disney Springs The Landing

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
It took me a while to realize that this wasnt picturing them raising the sign, but the actual signage itself. That's pretty cool. I also dig that it looks like an old scrap airplane wing covered in some corrugated metal. Something an old plane jockey might do.
Cool.
Yep I think it looks awesome. Love this kind of theming.

Unplugged

From the outside alone, this looks close to complete. I thought the Boathouse opened shortly after the signage went up. Morimoto still has work going on on the outside. I'd guess The Hanger will open much sooner the Morimoto. Of course, I'm placing my bets based on the photos of others as I haven't been on-site since June.

Also, I though all the bars and restaurants were 3rd party, but The Hanger shows some WDI cases with folks working in the bar area. Is Disney back in the business of small establishments to fill the Landings or what?!? This theme also seems like something only Disney would pull off.

Bairstow

From the outside alone, this looks close to complete. I thought the Boathouse opened shortly after the signage went up. Morimoto still has work going on on the outside. I'd guess The Hanger will open much sooner the Morimoto. Of course, I'm placing my bets based on the photos of others as I haven't been on-site since June.

Also, I though all the bars and restaurants were 3rd party, but The Hanger shows some WDI cases with folks working in the bar area. Is Disney back in the business of small establishments to fill the Landings or what?!? This theme also seems like something only Disney would pull off.

WDI definitely has a hand in the design, though I'm not positive management of the restaurant will be Disney-controlled. I think the current plan is for Downtown Disney to become return to a mix of Disney-run and 3rd-party run establishments.
Fulton's Crab Shack was designed by WDI as the Empress Lilly and originally operated as a fully Disney-run establishment. Same goes for the old Chef Mickey's and Cap'n Jack's.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

The Hangar is Disney owned and operated, as will be some other Disney Springs venues. :)

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Friday, July 31. Another view of The Hangar Bar's front sign, taken from Paradiso 37, showing more of the crane structure.
IMG_5890.JPG

PrincessNelly_NJ

In regards to @wdwmagic updated Downtown disney maps.
I was surpised to see both Morimoto & the Hangar will accept the Disney Dining plan.
How does that work if the Hangar is mostly small plates & tapas style food?

71jason

From what I hear, in final stages of hiring, to be followed by 4 weeks of training. So sooner rather than later.

Turns out I know quite a few people hired here (let's just say it's going to look a lot like Grog Grotto). Given their last days and the 4 weeks training, I'd speculate Jock's is shooting to open at the start of Fiscal 2016, i.e. last weekend in September, maybe softs the week before. Nothing official that I've heard, but that timeline makes the most sense.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom