MDE Credit Card Change and ADRs

DaisyDoesDisney

Original Poster
I have two upcoming trips- one in September that I've paid in full, made Fast Passes and have 14 ADRs with credit card guarantees. Another in December with a $200 deposit made and 13 ADRs with credit card guarantee.

I was just notified that due to a security breach the credit card that I use and store at MDE has been cancelled and I've been issued a totally new number. I'm in the process of booking a February trip so I need an active cc to make the deposit. MDE only lets me store one card so the new one will over-ride the old.

Will this impact/cancel my current ADRs for September and December?

I've already done online check in for September and assigned the original card for Magic Band purchases. What happens with that?

Tom

Beta Return
Call Reservations and have them go in and manually change the CC on all the ADRs and resort reservations.

Then change it in MDE.

You don't want to risk all those ADRs cancelling when you delete that card. Because I've seen that happen recently.

DaisyDoesDisney

Original Poster
Call Reservations and have them go in and manually change the CC on all the ADRs and resort reservations.

Then change it in MDE.

You don't want to risk all those ADRs cancelling when you delete that card. Because I've seen that happen recently.
No. I don't. That would make me really sad. Thanks Tom. I will call. I'm glad I asked before just deleting.

DaisyDoesDisney

Original Poster
I just spent 30 minutes on the phone with Disney Reservations and was told that they can not change the credit card number associated with my current ADRs. The only thing they can do is cancel all of them and then try to re-book them.... but while doing this the reservations will go back out into the system as open slots and someone could possibly grab them in that short time. I feel like that's risky since I have BOG, California Grill during Wishes, etc, etc. The CM told me that I should leave them like they are and it will "be fine". I don't know what to do.

HolleBolleGijs

I just spent 30 minutes on the phone with Disney Reservations and was told that they can not change the credit card number associated with my current ADRs. The only thing they can do is cancel all of them and then try to re-book them.... but while doing this the reservations will go back out into the system as open slots and someone could possibly grab them in that short time. I feel like that's risky since I have BOG, California Grill during Wishes, etc, etc. The CM told me that I should leave them like they are and it will "be fine". I don't know what to do.

I would call back. Sometimes you get a CM who isn't sufficiently trained in certain areas.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Leave them alone. You don't have to pay for the meal with the same credit card you booked with. Disney really takes on the risk here, since if you don't show up for an ADR they will charge a canceled card.

However, I would not skip out on an ADR because the other possibility is that your card issuer would cover the charge and move that charge to your new account number (since the issuer knows the original card was compromised.) We have had to get a couple new credit card numbers due to a security breach and had charges carry over to the new account number.

Bottom line, relax, your ADRs are fine.

DaisyDoesDisney

Original Poster
Leave them alone. You don't have to pay for the meal with the same credit card you booked with. Disney really takes on the risk here, since if you don't show up for an ADR they will charge a canceled card.

However, I would not skip out on an ADR because the other possibility is that your card issuer would cover the charge and move that charge to your new account number (since the issuer knows the original card was compromised.) We have had to get a couple new credit card numbers due to a security breach and had charges carry over to the new account number.

Okay. That's where I'm leaning now too. Thanks for giving your opinion as it gives me a bit of extra confidence that I'm doing the correct thing.

I would never skip out on a reservation. I know how hard everyone works to get them. Plus it's just plain bad manners :)

HolleBolleGijs

The concern is that she wants to add the new card to her account, but has to delete the old one in order to do that. If she deletes the old card, something might happen to her ADRs, as Tom said he's seen before.

So OP, I would call again just to be safe. Although come to think of it, do you have to actually add the new card to your account? You might be able to just use the new card without adding it.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
I would never skip out on a reservation. I know how hard everyone works to get them. Plus it's just plain bad manners :)
Completely agree. Just wanted to play out a possible scenario.

And like @HolleBolleGijs said, is it necessary to add the new card to your MDE before this trip? If you have a balance due, call and pay it off with the new card. Skip online check in and check in in person, giving the new card over to cover any charges.

DaisyDoesDisney

Original Poster
I was going to put the new card number in MDE because I want to purchase tickets for MVMCP and I also want to book a package for February and pay the deposit. I guess I can do those things on the phone. I dislike the phone :(

Tuvalu

Premium Member
I was going to put the new card number in MDE because I want to purchase tickets for MVMCP and I also want to book a package for February and pay the deposit. I guess I can do those things on the phone. I dislike the phone :(
Understand! But the cast members are usually great and the peace of mind of knowing your ADRs are safe is a good motivator :happy:.

Rob562

Saving a credit card online is only a convenience so you don't have to re-enter the info when you visit again. There are no requirements saying that you either have to save a card on your profile or that you have to use that saved card when making a purchase. You can just fill in the info for the new card when you go to make your purchase.

-Rob

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Saving a credit card online is only a convenience so you don't have to re-enter the info when you visit again. There are no requirements saying that you either have to save a card on your profile or that you have to use that saved card when making a purchase. You can just fill in the info for the new card when you go to make your purchase.

-Rob
This^^^^ you will not mess up anything concerning your reservations and prior credit card if you make a new purchase with another card. :)

DaisyDoesDisney

Original Poster

-Rob
Thanks everyone :)
I guess that considering how frequent these credit card breaches are becoming (and the subsequent need to cancel cards and reissue numbers), it would be easier to not save the card info on any shopping site and just enter each time at check out. What was once a convenience (storing the card info) has become an annoyance-- at least for myself and DH as we seem to be victims of a fraud event or personal information compromise every few months.

I thought we needed a stored card to make ADRs. From what many of you are saying I guess this isn't true and I'll avoid storing my card info going forward. Also, now I'm left confused by the first response to my original query from @Tom who said that he knew of someone who recently lost all of their ADRs due to a deleted card...... which to me sounds like the reservations won't stand if a card isn't on file, or if the original card used to guarantee is changed or deleted.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom