Ohana breakfast question

tenchikiss

Original Poster
My friend sprang on me last minute that we have SUPER EARLY breakfast ressies at Ohana. Despite everyone in the group being on a budget and not being big on breakfast or....waking up at the crack of dawn. So since it sickens me at the idea of spending 30 (plus tip, my lord this just keeps getting worse) PER PERSON at some breakfast restaurant I might not even be awake enough to enjoy what is their policy on....lets call them food receptacles? I understand this a buffet that the platter is brought to you. So if they bring us a second platter that food is ours right? Even if we don't eat much of it in the restaurant, the second? I am talking old granny shoving the sweet n low in her purse type stuff here. Saying um no thanks crazy friend is not an option because...it isn't. So I am determined to get my monies worth. I am sure it is super frowned upon but I plan on taking enough to eat for lunch too. Am I going to get talked to or sent to Disney jail for doing this?

CAPTAIN HOOK

Am I going to get talked to or sent to Disney jail for doing this?
Most unlikely !!!!
O'Hana is a breakfast buffet and unless it is different to all the other breakfast buffet restaurants (we've eaten at quite a few but never here) then you visit the buffet bars and help yourself to as much (or as little) as you want. Repeat visits to the buffet are not frowned upon and nobody is standing there with a clipboard counting off how many times you do return.
As for taking food for a snack lunch when you leave - I think we've all taken something at sometime. After all, it'll just go to waste if its not taken (won't it ?) ;)

Tinkerkelle

At ohanas they bring platters to you-what they call a family style buffet. I think there were sausages, bacon, eggs and potatoes on the platter. They also bring out mickey waffles and fruit. You can ask for more of anything you want and they'll deliver it to your table.

CAPTAIN HOOK

At ohanas they bring platters to you-what they call a family style buffet. I think there were sausages, bacon, eggs and potatoes on the platter. They also bring out mickey waffles and fruit. You can ask for more of anything you want and they'll deliver it to your table.
Well that certainly helped me and I didn't ask the question !!! We're eating breakfast at O'Hana on our final day this August

Am I right in assuming that other breakfast venues (Crystal Palace, Tusker House etc) are still the "walk up, help yourself" style ?

Tuvalu

Premium Member
I think the OP is asking about a to-go container. Buffet restaurants and all-you-can-eat places typically do not provide them. So @tenchikiss, if you bring a container in which you place your leftovers you probably won't be stopped...but unless you are returning to your room right after breakfast to refrigerate them, I would be wary of the safety of consuming them later (not to mention the inconvenience of carrying around a container of food.)

Yes, @CAPTAIN HOOK, Crystal Palace and Tusker House have walk up buffet bars (as do 1900 Park Fare and Captain's Grille).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom