First Time at Contemporary

kevinscruising

Original Poster
One more thing..... does anyone know if there is a laundry at the Contemporary to wash some clothes. Trying to pack light with all the restrictions on the luggage on air flights now.

Thank you

reptar77

As for a room a couple floors above the monorail. We were in a room that was one floor above it and the floor/bed had some vibrations from the monorail going thru. The boat noise really is not that bad, the noise from chef Mickey's is way way worse. We always try to stay on the opposite end.

MaryJaneP

Have stayed at CR several times. Once in old North Garden Wing (now demolished for the BLT), the South Garden Wing, and in the tower. We have been on floors as low as 6 in the tower and never a noise problem. Higher might be more scenic. Laundry was in the Garden Wings rather than in the tower itself. With 3 kids, we did laundry several times each trip.

kevinscruising

Original Poster
OK. I guess thats not bad to do laundry in the wings. Can be by the pool while laundry going on. LOL . Do you know how much they charge ?

MOUSEGIRL

For the laundry you have to use your magic band and it charges straight to your room. i think it was 2.50 a wash and 1.50 for drying but always worth it. Taking home a suitcase of clean clothes is always best.

rob0519

For the laundry you have to use your magic band and it charges straight to your room. i think it was 2.50 a wash and 1.50 for drying but always worth it. Taking home a suitcase of clean clothes is always best.
Has anyone used the laundry at CR lately? We were there last June and the dryers were so old they flat out didn't dry anything . It was so bad I packed it in a suitcase and took the monorail to the laundry at the Poly. At that time it was newer, clear and worked better.

s&k'smom

My son and I were on youtube looking at video's of CR last night and have decided that's where we want to stay next time. And I agree I always do laundry less to pack! Have a great trip.

Prince Shaun

I'm staying at the Contemporary for the first time next week. I'm curious - when is the electrical water pageant usually in Bay Lake? Also, can we use Bay Lake Tower pool as well?

reptar77

If you are on the floor above the monorail your bed will shake a little when the monorail goes thru. Also I would ask for a room on the opposite end from Chef Mickey's. It can be very loud on that side.

IWant2GoNow

I tried searching for this but wasn't able to find anything and this was a newer thread about The Contemporary so pardon my slight intrusion.

We have breakfast reservations at The Wave one morning during our trip, if we ask the front desk to view a room will they show us an empty one? We're just curious to see one in person and didn't know if they allow that sort of request. Thanks!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
I tried searching for this but wasn't able to find anything and this was a newer thread about The Contemporary so pardon my slight intrusion.

We have breakfast reservations at The Wave one morning during our trip, if we ask the front desk to view a room will they show us an empty one? We're just curious to see one in person and didn't know if they allow that sort of request. Thanks!
It really depends on the cast member and the busyness of the front desk at the time. Last time we asked to view a room (not at Contemporary) we were told to "wait or come back at the end of the housekeeping shift at 4 pm". Since we were there at 2, we weren't going to wait and it was not convenient for us to return back after 4. We felt it was a brush-off and would have preferred to have been told up front it was not possible.

But it never hurts to ask and you might get lucky.

Missymoe4

Hi,
In April we will be staying for the first time at the Contemporary Resort. We have a tower room facing the lake and pool. I am wondering if we should ask for a certain floor or area of the hotel when we check in. Is one floor better then the other or better for the view ? Since this is our first time at this hotel any suggestions would be appreciated. Also we booked Chef Mickeys a few times that week but wondering if there is something a little less expensive for an easy breakfast before hitting the parks in the Contemporary ?

Thanks,
Kevin

I have stayed in the Tower twice (lake view). What I did request was a room in the middle of the floor so I had a "middle view" of the lake. Both times I was given my request (but that doesn't always happen). Enjoy! I'm heading there as we speak...this time staying in a garden wing room.

MaryJaneP

Per prior posts, we have been at CR in past. Then, laundry was in Garden Wing and was quarters. Now, we hear it may be magic band, but we are not sure. Also, elevators are located mid tower so if room is mid-floor, closer to elevators but also closer to traffic heading to/from elevators. Pluses and minuses abound at beginning and end of a busy day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom