Universal vs. Disney

Mickey_777

And Nintendo when it's built.

I'm hoping they build a striaght up "Land of Nintendo", Mario Cart attraction and all. I think they could definitely build on the nostalgia factor if they dedicated a large chunk of what they build to the original 8-bit NES games/characters. Sign me up.

Frankie The Beer

I enjoy both Universal and Disney parks, but I feel they are both different. Disney has a charming, relaxing, "makes you feel young again" feeling when entering the parks that no one else comes close to matching. Universal has a thrilling, excitement feeling that Disney really don't offer. Both parks are worth your vacation dollar.

rioriz

I know this is regarding the parks, but I find their films to be a good topic as well. While Disney has always had the upper hand in animated films, Universal has a long established legacy for making well-known, classic live-action films.

I think if you throw in Marvel I think Disney has pulled close by...you may say we'll that shouldn't count but a kid born today in 20 years will see Marvel as Disney the way we do with Pixar now

Californian Elitist

I think if you throw in Marvel I think Disney has pulled close by...you may say we'll that shouldn't count but a kid born today in 20 years will see Marvel as Disney the way we do with Pixar now

It still isn't close, even with the Marvel films under Disney's belt. Plus, I'm referring to strictly Disney films, like Mary Poppins, Bedknobs and Broomsticks, Saving Mr. Banks, etc.

JT3000

Disney didn't make most of the Marvel films. And I personally don't see the Marvel brand ever being Disneyfied to that extent. It would be a large mistake to do so, as their core audiences don't overlap.

And then comes Star Wars...

Again, Disney didn't make any of them until now.

Sam Magic

I'm hoping they build a striaght up "Land of Nintendo", Mario Cart attraction and all. I think they could definitely build on the nostalgia factor if they dedicated a large chunk of what they build to the original 8-bit NES games/characters. Sign me up.
I heard they purchased some land between Sea World and Uni to build Nintendo World/A Video Games theme park. If this happens and the rumors of Comcast buying Sea World...WDW is staring straight into the eyes of hell. Maybe then the BOD will spend more on the resort as a whole.

Mike S

I heard they purchased some land between Sea World and Uni to build Nintendo World/A Video Games theme park. If this happens and the rumors of Comcast buying Sea World...WDW is staring straight into the eyes of hell. Maybe then the BOD will spend more on the resort as a whole.
Nintendo is going to KidZone.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Ah...I thought that was going to recently purchased land.

Anything about Seaworld? I heard that Universal was in talks to buy that and Aquatica?
Going into Kidzone, as previously stated. Almost as its own separate gate....

The SW talks died off when the parent company decided it still wanted to make a go at making the parks profitable....

Sam Magic

Going into Kidzone, as previously stated. Almost as its own separate gate....

The SW talks died off when the parent company decided it still wanted to make a go at making the parks profitable....
Okay, so Disney is safe for now if Star Wars goes through along with the other additions and expansions planned for the resort?

rioriz

Disney didn't make most of the Marvel films. And I personally don't see the Marvel brand ever being Disneyfied to that extent. It would be a large mistake to do so, as their core audiences don't overlap.

Again, Disney didn't make any of them until now.

I was speaking about the Future Disney Branded Star Wars films that will be pretty massive...

We can agree to disagree but time will tell how Disney (Pixar, Marvel, Lucas Film) live action holds up to Universal ones

twebber55

Volcano Bay will be a game changer. Not so much in park attendance, but in nights stayed on property.

Disney likes when Universal spends a wad if cash on attractions that bring people to Orlando. Disney HATES when Universal builds higher quality accommodations at lower price points and teams them up with a state of the art water park within walking distance of their 3 largest hotels.

Potter started the paradigm shift. And Universal is doing what is necessary to continue it's slow but sure pace at capturing market share.
totally agree
more nights for universal

lebeau

I enjoy both Universal and Disney parks, but I feel they are both different. Disney has a charming, relaxing, "makes you feel young again" feeling when entering the parks that no one else comes close to matching. Universal has a thrilling, excitement feeling that Disney really don't offer. Both parks are worth your vacation dollar.

I have never heard anyone call Disney World "relaxing" before. Stressful? Yes, many times. Exhausting? Just about everyone who has ever been there. Relaxing? That's a first for me. ;)

Disneyhead'71

I have never heard anyone call Disney World "relaxing" before. Stressful? Yes, many times. Exhausting? Just about everyone who has ever been there. Relaxing? That's a first for me. ;)
I usually find walking 18 miles a day in the FL sun right up there with a Sugar Scrub>Swedish Massage at the Mandara Spa@Portofino Bay Resort on the relaxation scale.

You must be doing it wrong.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom