Is it feasible to do all 3 parks in 1 trip?

DznyGrlSD

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Tokyo, Hong Kong and Shanghai - is it possible? How much time would you want at each park?

Disneysea05

In the Parks
Yes
I did Tokyo and Hong Kong together one time, trip was about 9 nights including arrival day. We also did some sightseeing. I can imagine adding Shanghai would add on a few days at least for me.

4 full days at the 2 Tokyo parks is a must, Hong Kong 1 day is completely doable. We did 2 and loved the relaxed pace we took in that park.

As for Shanghai. I'm not sure yet, but I can't see myself wanting to travel to mainland china repeatedly. So, when I visit, I want to stay for a good amount of time to get my fill.

GiveMeTheMusic

It's possible, but to fully enjoy those destinations you'd be looking at a 2-3 week trip. HKDL only needs 1 day, maybe 2 if you really want to explore every corner and ride everything over and over. SDL will likely need 1 or 2 days, and TDR requires 4. So you're looking at a minimum of 6-8 park days, plus travel days and extra days to see the amazing sights in each of those three cities. It would be silly to make all the effort to fly out there and not see anything but the parks when those destinations are so rich in fabulous things to see and do.

Travel Junkie

I would advise against doing this if it is your first trip to all of these places. Japan is an amazing country and if you are going all the way over to Japan, I would strongly encourage you spending time in Tokyo and Kyoto in addition to TDR. I spent 2 weeks in Japan last year and itching to get back there with TDR is only a small reason why. Hong Kong is also a world class city that must be explored.

My advice is pick 2 of the 3 resorts and then explore the countries the resorts are in.

ImaYoyo

I would agree with the above posters that it's most certainly possible, but if you're planning doing anything outside of Disney (which I HIGHLY recommend), this trip would take at least 2 weeks. We just got back from 2 weeks in Japan and Hong Kong in April/May, and our itinerary was jam-packed, even only having 4 full days (and a few evenings) between the 3 Disney parks. I can see adding Shanghai and Beijing, making this a 3 week trip. My wife and I have actually talked about doing something like that in Spring 2017.

For me, I'd recommend 2 days for HKDL if it's during a busy time, otherwise 1 day would suffice for just the park. However we like to explore the hotels as well, so we did a full day and an evening (after exploring the city that day). For TDR, I found 1 day at Disneyland to suffice, as I frequently visit the other Disney Parks, and I personally found it to be a pretty standard Magic Kingdom park, with a few nice additions. Being that I work at the Magic Kingdom, one day was enough for me. However 2 days is highly recommended for TDS or one marathon slow-season mid-week day. We did the latter and completed everything, including doing our favorites multiple times. However we were fortunate to plan a week day the week prior to golden week and found very short lines for everything but TSM, which we did not do.

It's hard to say how much time shanghai will need until crowd levels are estimated in a more exact manor. I'm guessing a minimum of 2 days to truly experience a good portion of it, but time will tell soon enough.

For city/country timelines, I think Hong Kong requires at least 3 days for exploring the city, more if you want to see Macau, Ocean Park, etc. But for the city proper and some of the bigger sites (Victoria Peak, The Harbor, Kowloon, Ngong Ping, Po Lin Monestary, etc...) at least 3 days. Make sure to hit Tim ho Wan for great dim sum with a Michelin star, at dirt cheap prices. For Japan... that's tough. It's such a diverse country full of awesome things to visit. You could easily spend 2 weeks in Tokyo alone and not see all the "major" sites and cities. We did 2 days in Tokyo (not including TDR), a day in Nara, one in Kyoto and a few other small side trips. I felt like we barely scratched the surface!

Hope that helps a bit.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom