Best ways to work for Disney Corporate

BestVacation

Original Poster
My daughter will be a senior in high school and wants to get a degree in college in Entertainment Business with a double major in Marketing. She wants to get a job eventually marketing for Disney in their movies, entertainment, or parks divisions. I am looking for anyone who has knowledge of what college (was suggested University of Central Florida--is this true?) or degree that would give her the best chance at obtaining a job with corporate Disney some day. She is very driven and is a great student in school and I assume the college program would also be a good fit if trying to work for Disney. If anyone has any suggestions or personal knowledge on this matter I would appreciate it. Thank You!

Can't agree more with what PhotoDave said. The DCP and internships after that are the best way to get a leg up in the company right from the get go. It may seem crazy to take off a semester to work in Disney World, but it's the best way to get your name into the system. And if you network well, the best way to get noticed by the higher ups.

PhotoDave219

Can't agree more with what PhotoDave said. The DCP and internships after that are the best way to get a leg up in the company right from the get go. It may seem crazy to take off a semester to work in Disney World, but it's the best way to get your name into the system. And if you network well, the best way to get noticed by the higher ups.

I think the biggest think I want to try and make clear, something that Ive personally observed with the 10+ years Ive been around and watching the company, is that advancement is usually determined more by who you know than what you know.

RonAnnArbor

Agreed with the above. Disney wants to train you their way, not entertain ideas learned in entertainment business programs -- but generic MBA's are the way to go with awesome grades and internships...Note also that people who already have advanced degrees often get an inside edge into corporate jobs...my partner has a PhD in social sciences, but has been heavily recruited for corporate positions at WDW and has NO entertainment background at all...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom