Cabana Bay vs. Royal Pacific

CheshireCat12

Original Poster
Not sure which resort to go with- I like both for different reasons. The price would be just about the same for Cabana Bay plus park to park with EP addon as it would for Royal Pacific with park to park and EP included. So, if I'm going to spend the same amount of money, tell me why I should book one over the other? Traveling with teenagers.

belledream

For the same price, Royal Pacific without a doubt. Stayed at both, and while it was nice to stay in a very new Cabana Bay and save some money, the walk to and from the parks was so much further. Plus, Royal Pacific has the water taxi service while the only other option for Cabana Bay was the buses (which were also a hike from the parks). I also personally preferred the theme and decor of Royal Pacific more than Cabana Bay. It definitely gave me a more luxurious feeling!

Eckert

There's also the added luxury of being much closer to CityWalk when you're staying at Royal Pacific.

If you're staying onsite and spending multiple days at Universal you will more than likely be having dinner at CityWalk, and being within walking distance and staying surrounded by Universal property really sets it apart from somewhere like Downtown Disney.

JoeCamel

I am hoping the difference is noise, I stayed at CBBR twice and while I like the hotel I was doing super early EPA and it seemed the rest of the guests planned to show up about noon so I didn't get much sleep. Hoping RPR works better for me in September

Alexis

I agree. Royal Pacific is much closer than Cabana. You're talking a 15-20 minute walk from Cabana to CityWalk. So save that leg mileage and go with Royal. Much closer... :)

JediMasterMatt

Re: adding on the Express Pass... make sure you are calculating the cost of "Unlimited" Express Pass instead of the "regular" version. Unlimited is in the $90-$100 a person per day range. You also need to factor in that 1 night at the Royal Pacific Resort allows you 2 days use of Unlimited Express (check-in and check-out days).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom