Jessica Jones - Netflix

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Original Poster
Netflix and Marvel's next project AKA Jessica Jones will take place in the same cinematic universe as Daredevil and is excepted to air 13 episodes in Dec 2015. It will be followed by Iron Fist and Luke Cage and then all 4 characters will join up for the mini series The Defenders.

Main Cast -

Series Cast
Krysten Ritter ...
Jessica Jones (13 episodes, 2015)
David Tennant ...
Purple Man / ... (13 episodes, 2015)
Mike Colter ...
Luke Cage (13 episodes, 2015)
Rachael Taylor ...
Trish Walker (13 episodes, 2015)
Carrie-Anne Moss ...
Harper (13 episodes, 2015)
Eka Darville ...
Malcolm (13 episodes, 2015)
Erin Moriarty ...
Hope (13 episodes, 2015)

David Tennant - Purple Man

11130282_10155508757025389_7660829840666015515_n.jpg

Krysten Ritter as Jessica Jones

26F6AE2C00000578-0-image-m-115_1427258019227.jpg

Rachael Taylor as Trish Walker
B4W4mDN.jpg

Darth Sidious

Authentically Disney Distinctly Chinese
Rachel is gorgeous... I can't wait for this, Daredevil was amazing and it far exceeded my already high expectations.

Launchpad McQuack

I'm a fan of Krysten Ritter and David Tennant, plus I'm loving Daredevil, so this has me pumped. I never read the Alias series, though, so this will be more of a "blank slate" for me than Daredevil (even though I do know some of the key plot points).

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Original Poster
Netflix Synopsis -

Ever since her short-lived stint as a Super Hero ended in tragedy, Jessica Jones has been rebuilding her personal life and career as a hot-tempered, sardonic, badass private detective in Hell's Kitchen, New York City. Plagued by self-loathing, and a wicked case of PTSD, Jessica battles demons from within and without, using her extraordinary abilities as an unlikely champion for those in need... especially if they're willing to cut her a check.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Original Poster
http://www.ew.com/article/2015/07/28/marvels-jessica-jones-netflix-spoilers

Still, Rosenberg said they’ve strived to stay true to the mythology of the character. “We’re using some pretty obscure characters, so we’re taking them all over the place,” she said while discussing Marvel being supportive of their creative process. “We have to be cognizant of the mythology and the world.”

“Jessica Jones is a very, very different show than Daredevil,” Rosenberg said. “We exist in a cinematic universe, [and] the mythology of the universe is connected, but they look very different, tonally they’re very different… That was my one concern coming in: Am I going to have to fit into Daredevil or what’s come before? And the answer is no.”

But the contrasts don’t stop with tone. “My show’s called Jessica Jones,” Rosenberg said, noting that may get a break during stunts. “There is no mask. Krysten Ritter is the hardest working woman in show biz.”

More in article

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Original Poster
http://www.cinemablend.com/television/Why-David-Tennant-Key-Jessica-Jones-78347.html

In the same kind of way Vincent D’Onofrio owned his half of Daredevil, you’ll see David Tennant own his half of Jessica Jones... What you get out of Jessica is a sort of hold-your-breath tension as to what’s going to happen. When you see the dynamic between Krysten Ritter and David Tennant... that question of 'What’s going to happen next?' and 'What could happen next?' and how that’s driven by character is something that is so important to not just the scripts but also the way the show is shot, and the way that everyone reacts, and the way those two react with each other.

Matt_Black

I wonder if they're doing DVD releases for any of these series.

Any way, if they do a "Phase 2" for this, I'd hope Night Man gets a series, as a) I always thought he was a really neat character who was criminally underutilized by Marvel after the Ultraverse purchase, b) he'd fit in very well, tonally, and c) it would help wash the memory of that really goofy syndicated TV series from my mind.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom